Thread: Crash Problems.

Deleted

Crash Problems.

G'day people,

Okay I've recently upgraded my PC about a month ago and over the last two weeks I've been having my games (BF4, DOTA2, prison architect,WOW) crashing, and when it crashes it is like I have alt+f4 it. Completely clean, no errors, no messages. Now it doesn't do this consistently so I can usually play a game between 30 mins - 4 hours before it does it.

I have checked the temp of the cpu + gpu both of them are normal with no spikes when it crash. Done the same with the voltage as well. I have uninstalled the drivers + reinstalled. Also used older versions. Have also formatted my drive and reinstalled everything. So I'm beginning to think it might be hardware however I'm not sure what hardware would do this without it blue screening or producing any form of error message.

Any advice?

Deleted
    Small update. Ran a memtest and it came back clean. And ive noticed that when the game exits you have small processing circle next to mouse. Still at a dead end

Deleted
    Seems lately some ppl get exactly what you got. I am thinking if there is a pattern which a certain hardware or just coincidence. You havent informed the most basic stuff tho. Your system, mobo-cpu-gpu-psu and os.

Deleted
    OS - W7, 16gb RAM, Samsung SSD , Westen HDD
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    ASUS Z87-A MOTHERBOARD
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 780 Ti WINDFORCE 3X OC 3GB GDDR5
    Corsair RM 1000W Series are fully modular, optimized for silence, and deliver gold-rated efficiency

If you need any more info let me know

Deleted
    Thats a very good build you got there. Since you checked temps, drivers, reformatted etc....hmm... maybe its hardware related. Are your games in the ssd? You have enough free space on it? did you check it for any faults? Try installing one of the games in your hdd and see if that happens as well.

Deleted
    Thank you =) And ive got my MMO on my SSD and steam on my HDD so it is split across them. A friend linked me to this https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...dmkm-stopped-/

Im just wondering if it is that and can it happen without an error appearing or appearing in the event log?

Deleted
    Do you still use Vista? thats a 2008 post...

Deleted
    Ah i missed that bit. Take it is not valid then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfangx View Post
    OS - W7, 16gb RAM, Samsung SSD , Westen HDD
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    ASUS Z87-A MOTHERBOARD
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 780 Ti WINDFORCE 3X OC 3GB GDDR5
    Corsair RM 1000W Series are fully modular, optimized for silence, and deliver gold-rated efficiency

If you need any more info let me know
    Since you said upgrade, I'm going to assume that there are things you kept and things you changed out, so if that's the case...What parts are new and what are old? Or is this a completely new PC?

Please run a dxdiag and just take a picture of the System Information part, or just post what is in the BIOS line.

If it's not the latest version, you may want to try updating your BIOS to the latest release(Z87-A BIOS 1802) http://support.asus.com/download.asp...&m=Z87-A&os=30

There's probably an update utility that you can download that'll let you scan and see if there are any updates, it should be on the software disc that came with your mobo, if there is one.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2014-05-19 at 05:17 AM.