Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Cauterize was used in my first Spine 25HC strategy (pre-BoD nerf), since BoD dealt less than 200% of our HP. Cauterize + IB brings you to 35% health but prevent the 28% health burning debuff from appearing. Got to 2nd tendril with this strat but same issue, got overwhelmed and destroyed by adds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Glyph of Regenerative Ice - 40% heal if the full duration of Ice Block is used. **(available in WoD)**

Amplify Magic - Increases healing received by 10%. Used in conjunction with Cold Snap, and Glyphs of Spellsteal/Regenerative Ice will increase healing received to my knowledge.
    Mentioning anything that's only available in WoD is silly because Ice Barrier will absorb everything at Level 100 now that BoD has been nerfed.

Amp Magic doesn't increase any of our abilities that give health IIRC. Even if it did, a 10% increase to 22% turns it into a measly 24.2%. There's nothing to spellsteal on the Spine fight, and again, RI isn't out yet.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record Thorim Hardmode in 10 AND 25 is doable... done it last week (10), this week (25), Vezax hardmode 10 is soloable (I did it as fire). Also, Algalon 10 AND 25 can be done by fire mage. Just pop mirror image, timewarp, and then move before the ground explodes.. takes 4min 05sec as fire... WITHOUT legendaries even.
    Last edited by bowchikabow; 2014-10-31 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Mentioning anything that's only available in WoD is silly because Ice Barrier will absorb everything at Level 100 now that BoD has been nerfed.

Amp Magic doesn't increase any of our abilities that give health IIRC. Even if it did, a 10% increase to 22% turns it into a measly 24.2%. There's nothing to spellsteal on the Spine fight, and again, RI isn't out yet.
    Actually, I wasn't talking about any specific fight. I merely answered his question.

Second of all - WoD is less than 2 weeks away. Mentioning Regenerative Ice to a new Mage player is important whether or not you think so lol.

Baradin Hold 25 man

I had nothing to do.

Enjoy

Any tips for 25N Nefarian? Ony+Adds wreck me a bit while I wait for Nef to come down, I get Nef down to 50%~ before I run out of kiting ability on the adds and go to P2, but I just cant nuke him down before Blastwave from the adds tickles me down. Not to mention taking half my HP in damage from being in the lava for 2 seconds.

I imagine IJ trinket makes it trivial but it doesn't drop, Im ilvl587 frost.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwaY View Post
    Any tips for 25N Nefarian? Ony+Adds wreck me a bit while I wait for Nef to come down, I get Nef down to 50%~ before I run out of kiting ability on the adds and go to P2, but I just cant nuke him down before Blastwave from the adds tickles me down. Not to mention taking half my HP in damage from being in the lava for 2 seconds.

I imagine IJ trinket makes it trivial but it doesn't drop, Im ilvl587 frost.
    Use the same strat I did for 25HC : Spec Flameglow + Ice Ward + Ice Nova + IF.

P1 : Wait a bit on the pillar until there is < 10 sec of Nefarian landing. Then jump down and kill Ony, Nefa should land just after and P2 should begin very fast. Hit Nefa as much as you can in P1.
    P2 : Go on a pillar and nuke the first add. P3 should begin really quickly if you burned Nefa enough, anyway keep hitting him.
    P3 : Jump down and start by killing the remaining casting adds. You can kill them from below. Then kite the adds around the room, (should not be a problem as Frost). Keep BL for P3 if you can, use a Health Potion and Cold Snap. You can glyph IB for some time of immunity to AoEs.

Good luck !

- - - Updated - - -

Conclave of Wind 25 Heroic is possible again

Deleted
    Got a 556 Frost Mage, will I be able to solo Yogg 25 +0? If not, what Ilvl should i need?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Got a 556 Frost Mage, will I be able to solo Yogg 25 +0? If not, what Ilvl should i need?
    you'll be fine

Deleted
    Lol, couldnt even get close to killing him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my solo vid as a reference, I was iLvL542. I did it as fire, but the basic principle's apply. use a dot, and instant aoe (I think cone of cold works here)on the constrictors that pick you up, I use living bomb and dragonbreath. you need to time it right though, make sure there won't be a bunch of tentacles up when you kill the brain. if you cleared the room, and killed the brain.. just plant your feet. ignore the immortals, pop lust/images and tunnel the boss down in final phase.

If you entered the portal with multiple tentacles, take the brain down to about 2mil then jump out.. you should have plenty of time to kill the tentacles before they become active again.. then kill what spawns when the brain re-activates. Stay close to the Yogg hitbox so you are more certain to hit the brain room quickly. the speed of killing the yellow spawns to open the brainroom is Paramount if tentacles at all spawn.. or are left up.

Last edited by bowchikabow; 2014-11-03 at 05:03 PM.

Are there any bosses that'll be difficult to do without an Arcane specialization? (I hate Arcane )

You got extremely lucky with every tentacle spawning directly on top of you. I spend 75% of the fight taking 45 seconds to cross the room to get to each tentacle that 100% of the time spawns due opposite from me while enduring 1.5 second stuns every 1.6 seconds and wandering aimlessly the other tenth of a second. It's still a moderately easy solo even with my luck on the spawns, though, and should be even more trivial at 100.

I'm really hoping they change their minds about not buffing player damage (and nerfing mob damage) in MoP instances at 100. I need to be able to solo SoO to get a JFC to make soloing other things less annoying (or in many cases possible at all).

^
    I don't. Some aspects of soloing need to remain challenging, after all! If you want to faceroll then 25H Cataclysm content says hi, with plenty of gold included :P

Also the JFC is worthless at 100, as it gives a fixed amount of Leech and this translates to something very weak at higher levels.

From what I understand (some) 25H Cataclysm content isn't soloable without a JFC.

Leech is discontinued so the highest amount of leech that will ever be on an item will be the JFC. As the only reliable mage self-heal, even 0.34% of damage done (mythic warforged version @ 100) would make things soloable that otherwise would not be. Nevermind! I thought leech was killed when amplify was. Glad to hear it wasn't.
    Last edited by Xentropy; 2014-11-10 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Removed incorrect info.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentropy View Post
    From what I understand (some) 25H Cataclysm content isn't soloable without a JFC.

Leech is discontinued so the highest amount of leech that will ever be on an item will be the JFC. As the only reliable mage self-heal, even 0.34% of damage done (mythic warforged version @ 100) would make things soloable that otherwise would not be.
    Wut ? Source please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Wut ? Source please ?
    Gonna back this up. I haven't seen anything to that fact (maybe he was confused since it's tertiary so not technically on any gear on wowhead or anything or something like that).

Heck that's completely antithetical to adding it on certain items (JFC) and talents (second wind) in lieu of just leaving them how they were as percentages.

I thought leech had been eliminated as a tertiary when they killed off cleave, readiness, and amplify. I thought the only surviving tertiary stats were movement speed, AoE avoidance, and lack of durability loss. Reading back through the watercooler from June I was wrong. Well then, it'll just be a matter of getting leech as a tertiary stat on a piece or two to let mages solo what every other class in the game can as baseline. I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Xentropy View Post
    I thought leech had been eliminated as a tertiary when they killed off cleave, readiness, and amplify. I thought the only surviving tertiary stats were movement speed, AoE avoidance, and lack of durability loss. Reading back through the watercooler from June I was wrong. Well then, it'll just be a matter of getting leech as a tertiary stat on a piece or two to let mages solo what every other class in the game can as baseline. I'm excited!
    Leech + Movement speed (if this is still a thing) are definitely going to be the better stats for Mages in general

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon Soul 25 Heroic

See you in WoD

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone tried Ji'kun at 100?