Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A good combination of big dps, running for dear life and forgetting what talents I was using.

Here's my mage vs stuff youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJackstar123?feature=mhee

I'm trying to do Heroic LK25m solo,
    but can't keep ice barrier up. too much damage. I endup dying to infest. (lvl 99 atm. not sure if lvl 100 would change this :/ )

And I was wondering, are there any alternatives to the Jugg trinket? Because theres no way that I'm going to be able to get it.
    It seems that the stat leech is important reading this thread and I tried searching Wowhead for other items with leech but couldn't find any...

If there isn't I guess I'll have to give up on soloing stuff as a mage.
    Afaik, other dps classes (which don't have a healing spec) hunters, warlocks, rogues can heal themselves,
    but Blizz removed Evoc healing from mages... I can't believe this

Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    I'm trying to do Heroic LK25m solo,
    but can't keep ice barrier up. too much damage. I endup dying to infest. (lvl 99 atm. not sure if lvl 100 would change this :/ )

And I was wondering, are there any alternatives to the Jugg trinket? Because theres no way that I'm going to be able to get it.
    It seems that the stat leech is important reading this thread and I tried searching Wowhead for other items with leech but couldn't find any...

If there isn't I guess I'll have to give up on soloing stuff as a mage.
    Afaik, other dps classes (which don't have a healing spec) hunters, warlocks, rogues can heal themselves,
    but Blizz removed Evoc healing from mages... I can't believe this
    As lvl 100 you should be able to obtain gear with leach on, it's a random stat so it will probably not show up on wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    As lvl 100 you should be able to obtain gear with leach on, it's a random stat so it will probably not show up on wowhead.
    Oh really?! Thank you! I was about to give up

Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    Oh really?! Thank you! I was about to give up
    Pop time warp, push to transition, and burn him through remorseless winter. At 100 it's easy to push him to transition and kill him before he starts the other phases, so at 99 you should be close. All you should really need to watch for is Traps in P1 and the frost orbs of doom in the transitions.

Fire works well here, too, for cleaving onto the adds so you don't have to stop casting on LK. Dragon's Breath is great for killing the frost orbs before they punt you into oblivion (or just blink back onto platform if you get knocked back)

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Pop time warp, push to transition, and burn him through remorseless winter. At 100 it's easy to push him to transition and kill him before he starts the other phases, so at 99 you should be close. All you should really need to watch for is Traps in P1 and the frost orbs of doom in the transitions.

Fire works well here, too, for cleaving onto the adds so you don't have to stop casting on LK. Dragon's Breath is great for killing the frost orbs before they punt you into oblivion (or just blink back onto platform if you get knocked back)
    Thx. I guess I'll give fire a try.
    I was really obsessed with fire (really liked the spec so I use to use it even if it was a bit weaker than other specs).
    But then I heard the fire spec was nerfed to the ground in WoD, so I just gave in and started practicing the frost spec, which was the spec I used for LK.

-Edit-
    Thx. I've tried it a few times and finally manage to barely kill him as fire.
    Theres definitely parts to improve on my part in terms of gameplay, and also hope gearing up would make it easier.

I really wish we still had evoc Its so easy on my rogue alt because of the self heals.
    Last edited by Menphis; 2015-01-02 at 10:29 AM.

Yeah, Cold Snap helps a bit, but the lack of evocate-healing can be a little rough. Also, my experience has been that the damage from Frost's mastery doesn't benefit from the lower level damage scaling at all (Prismatic Crystal doesn't seem to scale either). Just a thought to keep in mind. Grats on the kill!

@Zylph : very nice, congrats !

A subscriber of mine asked for a Spine 25HC video, so here it is :

Note that Spine can be done without Leech (I had 0 in the video), but Madness requires some atm, because Corrupting Parasite hits insanely hard.

Unrelated note : I tried to solo Jin'Rokh for fun yesterday ... well not today apparently. My best try was 76% and I couldn't get him to not despawn, even with FO out.
    Also, I need to update the OP a bit.

Enjoy

Aratik, is there anything special to think about when it comes to gear for soloing in wod?
    I thought that I should try some harder things this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    Aratik, is there anything special to think about when it comes to gear for soloing in wod?
    I thought that I should try some harder things this xpac.
    Leech, as much as you can. And optimized gear. Both if possible.

Still less LoS than trying to kill a healer in arenas.
    Here's my mage vs stuff youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJackstar123?feature=mhee

Nok-Karosh

Hello everyone !

Today, worldbosses ! Because Hunter's ain't the only ones who can do it

This solo is quite easy, but incredibly boring. It's 20 minutes running around and watching a huge health bar drop pixel by pixel. But you'll get a mount ! Wooo !

Alright let's talk tactics here. The principle of this solo is Scorch kiting. At level 100, you get +30% movement speed for 3s when you cast Scorch. But 130% is not enough to outrun Nok-Karosh. Fortunately movement speed changed with patch 6.0.2, as you can now stack movement speed bonuses additively.

You'll need the following items :

- A Fleet Primal Diamond. I took an old T16 helm and put that in.
    - The +10 Movement speed enchant on cloak, from WoD.
    - The Explorer's Walking Stick
    - The Defiler's Cloth Boots, enchanted with Pandaren's step.

We got 100% baseline + 10% gem + 10% cloak + 10% staff + 10% boots + 10% boots enchant = 150% base MS (remember, bonuses stack additively)

Add to that the 30% Improved Scorch bonus, you'll get 180% (WA in video says 179 due to poorly rounding, nvm) movespeed, this time enough to endlessly kite Nok-Karosh.

Spec into Blazing speed and double Blink for emergencies.

Important point : in default "configuration", Nok-Karosh will aggro with 2 of his adds when you pull him. Notice how there are no wolves to the left of Nok-Karosh at the beginning, that's because I earlier killed them and resetted. I tried to sheep one but once it ended the wolf aggroed back. They are linked to NK so they never reset.

About the fight :

- From 100% to 50%, nothing special.
    - From 49% to 20%, Nok-Karosh will often kite Call the Pack, increasing his MS by 30% for a few seconds. He is now faster than you, so stay max range and use Blink and Blazing Speed
    - From 20% to 0%, he will still cast Call the Pack but has his baseline MS reduced, so you'll often have to wait for him to catch up.

Never stay too long without hitting him or he'll leash and reset.
    Enjoy !

Note that Spine can be done without Leech (I had 0 in the video), but Madness requires some atm, because Corrupting Parasite hits insanely hard.
    Well, i think i have 0 leech atm and i soloed Madness without serious problems (apart from blinking while flying between platforms with subsequent death), i think i died only twice. Frost/574 (as it was last week), barrier/csnap/INova/Incanters/TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Enjoy !
    Thank you for giving me something to do with my time! <3

Btw, I posted on the video, but I'll repost it here:

As an alternative for the weapon (as that obviously hurts Spellpower like crazy), if you're Jewelcrafting, there is a trinket named Figurine - Golden Hare that also has the 10% movement speed boost.
    Obviously, this only helps JCs, but still, that's quite a difference to be able to use a WoD weapon instead of a BC one, at the cost of a trinket

Or, y'know, if Scorch didn't do fuckall for damage >.<
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Obviously, this only helps JCs, but still, that's quite a difference to be able to use a WoD weapon instead of a BC one, at the cost of a trinket

Or, y'know, if Scorch didn't do fuckall for damage >.<
    Yeah as I said I'm not a JC myself
    Also with the 6.1 buff to tertiary stats, it'll only take +250 Speeed to get +10% MS, that is only a couple of pieces.
    Also, 4 times the Leech ... :dowant:

Yeah as I said I'm not a JC myself
    Also with the 6.1 buff to tertiary stats, it'll only take +250 Speeed to get +10% MS, that is only a couple of pieces.
    Also, 4 times the Leech ... :dowant:
    Can't wait for it! Sadly, I never get leech or speed, only Avoidance or Indestructible, by far the worst two.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Can't wait for it! Sadly, I never get leech or speed, only Avoidance or Indestructible, by far the worst two.
    Same here

Feng the Accursed 10 Normal

Enjoy

Feng the Accursed 10 Normal

Enjoy
    I've been thinking about this boss since I decided to lvl my mage to 100 and hoped I would get it before you, but every week I thougt ''One more week of gearing and I will go for it'' well my plan was to do it for real tonight but aprently I'm to late.
    Will still go for it but sucks that you were first.

First of all gj on heroic wod dungeon soloing and feng soloing to the ones who did it, but is stone guards doable yet? Or do they hit too hard? Think araitik said quite some time ago to have got them to 40%?

Also what about elegon? As level 100 blood dk just dinged (593 item level) the challenge is all about bringing him to 85% (very low resolve, so we can't keep up with the damage he does for long, so I assume with a lot higher dps a mage raider might survive till 85 as well?), then the damage is so low and he gets so many stacks of damage taken debuff that it would quickly transition to 50 etc., and I know that you can heal quite decently with regenerative ice glyph from the damage of sparks.