Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I managed to kill her, I killed some of spiders as I was falling and was able to land a hit on the boss before I was stunned.

The simplest thing to do on Beth'tilac is to wait with going on and kill all of the spinners (a total of 3 waves, IIRC) before going up to burn her.

Granted, if you're decently geared she'll drop down to 1 hp and pretty much die before the adds have any chance to web you, but the above works at all gear levels and with all specs.

To get Beth-tilac not to heal, simply get down before she does. She heals because if you stay up, the boss cannot hit you, goes into evade and starts regenerating HP. Same happens if you stay on the platform on BWD Nefarian.

Just get her to 1HP, jump before she touches the ground and finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    To get Beth-tilac not to heal, simply get down before she does. She heals because if you stay up, the boss cannot hit you, goes into evade and starts regenerating HP. Same happens if you stay on the platform on BWD Nefarian.

Just get her to 1HP, jump before she touches the ground and finish it.
    She heals for 10% health when she consumes a Cinderweb Spiderling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    She heals for 10% health when she consumes a Cinderweb Spiderling as well.
    True, but if she is at 1 HP before going down she dies before having time to consume one. Both videos I made on Beth'tilac (10 HC and 25 HC) showcases that.
    If you want to be sure to not run into any trouble, simply pick a DoT talent (Nether Tempest, Living Bomb) or spec into Evanesce to land the killing blow.

While I'm still struggling to get good gear and solo actual bosses, enjoy this video, featuring awful gameplay, no editing, wrong talents and a decorating legedary ring.

Sha of Anger

Last edited by Araitik; 2015-08-04 at 08:39 AM.

Went ahead and killed Vizier/Blade Lord 10H, so you can update those 2 on the spreadsheet. They're easy with Tome and Ring at 10N and they're still easy at 10H.
    Garalon 10H I think is doable (by better mages than me anyhow), and Wind Lord 10H is possibly easier than normal, if you use fire/frost, kill everything, and get a huge ring explosion that coincides with boss debuff.
    At least, that's my explanation as to how Wind Lord 10H died in 1 minute with just 2 people. I'd try again next week, but I doubt I can get past Garalon 10H solo.

I'd say that the 10H and 25N of much of tier 14 should be doable - not all, but with skill it's definitely doable before next expansion.

PS: Not entirely relevant, but some boss fights on tier 14 (Protector, Wind Lord, Spirit Kings) are really easier as a human. With the racial you can save yourself one Ice Block to get out of annoying stuns. Pity human racial doesn't work on most WoD stuns (not that there are many stuns now to begin with), but at least it's good for something.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-08-06 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    Wanted to give an update: Dark Animus can be killed without cheesing the enrage now.

It requires good gear, and specifically will probably require the class trinket and legendary ring.

Spec Arcane, stand on the Animus side of the room, pop the orb. Then pop time warp, arcane power, and a potion. Your goal is to one-shot every small golem with an arcane blast before they all form a cluster. Of course, that's not possible, so you use Evanesce to buy yourself 3 seconds, and Cold Snap/Evanesce to buy yourself another 3 seconds. By now, there should be no golems left. The rest of the fight, depending on how lucky you got with where the anima went (it hopefully misses the massive golems) you burn desperately on Animus and hope he dies before you do.

You can decide if you want to use the ring during the golems or during animus. I used it on animus.

With class trinket, arcane power, rune of power, and 4 charges, an arcane blast would kill a small golem almost every time.

That's......a great achievement. I thought for sure we wouldn't see Dark Animus dead until Legion. Though it sounds like it requires too much quick reflexes for me to pull off. Grats!
    Did you manage Twin Consorts or Lei Shen?

PS: Offed 25N Stone Guard, got stuck at ~20% on 25N Feng @ 715 ilvl.

Deleted
    As I had toiled through the previous 8 bosses (Horridon giving me a ridiculous amount of trouble with dinomancers not dropping orbs) I called it quits at Iron Qon. I'll probably give the rest a go.

Of course, Lei Shen probably won't ever happen, because all the mechanics are going to be focused on you. That means you have to soak every bouncing bolt and deal with every static shock. He forces you to wait too so it'll require clever cooldown management.

Quote Originally Posted by shadoworx View Post
    As I had toiled through the previous 8 bosses (Horridon giving me a ridiculous amount of trouble with dinomancers not dropping orbs) I called it quits at Iron Qon. I'll probably give the rest a go.

Of course, Lei Shen probably won't ever happen, because all the mechanics are going to be focused on you. That means you have to soak every bouncing bolt and deal with every static shock. He forces you to wait too so it'll require clever cooldown management.
    For Horridon, don't 1shot the Dinomancers or they won't drop an orb. Drop them below 50% and wait for them to transform.

Iron Qon has been dead for quite a long time, although only in Normal mode.

The only boss still standing to this day are the Twins and Lei Shen. Twins are 100% sure doable (left them at 30% with < 700 ilvl), Lei Shen will be very hard even at max ilvl.

For DA, gratz for killing him without Frost pet trick. I tried the same strategy when I started soloing ToT, managed to kill all small golems but got destroyed shortly after. Then again, it was at 690 ilvl.

I plan on getting back to raiding and soloing soon (btw, LFG ).

From impossible to 3shotted in two trinkets.

Jin'rokh 10 man Heroic

Enjoy
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-08-18 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    I tried frost hoping that the pet would kill her since she wast at 1hp, but she healed before the pet could land a hit.
    If you're still struggling, I lit. just did this fight. Have your water elemetnal single target down all of the spiders. I couldn't kill Majordormo 25hc though. =/

You can also just wait to go up and kill them all as they spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    If you're still struggling, I lit. just did this fight. Have your water elemetnal single target down all of the spiders. I couldn't kill Majordormo 25hc though. =/

You can also just wait to go up and kill them all as they spawn.
    For Majordomo if you REALLY want a kill, get a fire spec and kite all around the room. He was killable at level 90 post-nerf with this tactic.

Updated spreadsheet with latest information, really looking forward to T15 HC

10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't particularly well gear.. you need the concentration buff. To do this, your best best is to spec into Mirror images. while he is attacking the mirrors, blow your dps wad on him without getting hit with the first 1 or 2 leap fires. Do this, and your dps will be perfectly fine. I do it as both frost and fire.

Also, for Bethtilac, just blow every CD as soon as you get on top of web. Make sure to move out of lava and you should be fine. (again, I love images for farming old raids).. and when he jumps down, just lance, or FB what ever... he should die
    "When you build it, you love it!"

I just got the Kazzak trinket and wow it trivializes so many fights >< (I've never had any leech on my mage before so it's like a new world)

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    I just got the Kazzak trinket and wow it trivializes so many fights >< (I've never had any leech on my mage before so it's like a new world)
    I know right ? Leech is probably the best thing that happened in the game in terms of soloing. Also Kazzak trinkets caps your Avoidance, which further improves your ability to solo things. Still it's not as good as regular gear with the stats on them but since they are so rare, that trinket is a nice alternative.

I know right ? Leech is probably the best thing that happened in the game in terms of soloing. Also Kazzak trinkets caps your Avoidance, which further improves your ability to solo things. Still it's not as good as regular gear with the stats on them but since they are so rare, that trinket is a nice alternative.
    I was just coming here to poke your brain about MoSD. I managed to get one this week (with bonus Leech, too!) and was curious if there's any fight that it allows us to solo that we wouldn't otherwise be able to. 10% Leech, 10% Speed, and 20% Avoidance seems like it would reeeeeeally help out!

Also on a side-note, any luck on Horridon? He's one of the last pre-WoD mounts I need but I can't solo him yet (the others being Madness of Deathwing (Blazing, not LBH), Alysrazor, and Mythic Garrosh)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I was just coming here to poke your brain about MoSD. I managed to get one this week (with bonus Leech, too!) and was curious if there's any fight that it allows us to solo that we wouldn't otherwise be able to. 10% Leech, 10% Speed, and 20% Avoidance seems like it would reeeeeeally help out!

Also on a side-note, any luck on Horridon? He's one of the last pre-WoD mounts I need but I can't solo him yet (the others being Madness of Deathwing (Blazing, not LBH), Alysrazor, and Mythic Garrosh)
    Don't know if you're asking if we can solo Horridon (the answer is yes) or if I got the mount (the answer is no )

About MoSD, I think it will help on fights that are not DPS checks but survival checks. Problem is in terms of Mage soloing, these fights are quite rare, and your best shot to solo a boss is often to kill it as fast as possible. I think MoSD will be far more useful for lesser-geared Mages who want to solo early MoP content and before, rather than SoO+ soloers.

Edit, btw, I looted my second Blazing Drake last week ... but I still don't have LBH
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-08-20 at 07:40 AM.

Don't know if you're asking if we can solo Horridon (the answer is yes) or if I got the mount (the answer is no )
    AWESOME! (Not awesome that you don't have his mount yet though) I'll have to go back and start soloing him then! Perhaps MoSD will give me the extra speed I'll need for him (since I don't really have the right gear for Fire...) Shocked I missed this video, but god damn that looks like it's gonna be as fun as Spine at 90, lol.

About MoSD, I think it will help on fights that are not DPS checks but survival checks. Problem is in terms of Mage soloing, these fights are quite rare, and your best shot to solo a boss is often to kill it as fast as possible. I think MoSD will be far more useful for lesser-geared Mages who want to solo early MoP content and before, rather than SoO+ soloers.
    *nodnod* I half-hope tertiary stats are flat amounts (e.g., don't scale with level) so MoSD will still be useful at 110; it might see a bit more use then, but idk, I feel like I might be able to do SOMETHING with the damn thing... > 10% Leech is pretty nuts.

Edit, btw, I looted my second Blazing Drake last week ... but I still don't have LBH
    Omg fuck offfff. I got LBH back when it was current (and 100%), and I lost two blazing drakes in both my raid teams
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.