Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ...
    Spellblade Aluriel Mythic

Enjoy

Let's bring some fresh news !

The latest kills :

Heroic Antoran High Command (easy if you manage to destack the tank debuff between bosses)
    Heroic Portal-Keeper Hasabel (litterally a oneshot)
    Heroic Hounds of Sargeras (much harder)

Mythic Gul'dan is now down to 40% last phase, still a massive mountain to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Mythic Botanist : 850k damage on second Recursive Strikes
    I didn't see that high damage from recursive strikes but killed arcanist first since you mentioned it - followed by solarist and naturalist. Maybe it was changed or I skipped that. Anyway, there wasn't anything hard about it with current gear/essences.

I'm back! With some (paltry) offering:

Pretty easy at 428/64; burning is important but you also want to take Mirror Image for very useful mitigation. Also, Ice Block clears Misery so it's important to heal up right inside that ~5 second window. No logs though - sorry forgot.

PS: My personal thoughts on 8.2 so far -

You'd want Crucible of Flames as Major and Memory of Lucid Dreams/Purification Protocols/Conflict and Strife as Minor. CoF is roughly 1.75k HPS, Lucid Dreams ~2.6K and Purification Protocols ~550 HPS. Conflict and Strife, assuming continual max stack, is ~2.5% DR and 5% damage increase, which makes it at least comparable to Purification Protocols with regards to survival. This is, of course, only if you are prioritizing survival and not DPS output.

For trinkets, Subroutine: Defragmentation is a solid choice (roughly 2k HPS at low HP levels) but it's from King Mechagon Hard Mode so might be hard to get (I am currently wasting boatloads of gold to get it). The new Inscription trinket is also a valid choice, at about ~500 HPS and some measure of physical DR. Edict of the Faithless, Deferred Sentence and Bloodthirsty Urchin from the new raid are also good if you can somehow get them.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2019-09-16 at 08:30 AM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Mythic Tomb 4/9 done. Logs here. 438/68.

Goroth: Not quite yet doable. Probably will require huge DPS to kill adds very quickly. May not be doable this expansion.

Demonic Inquisition: YOLO. I honestly have no idea how to do it but it died anyway.

Harjatan: You can do it without Shimmer but it racks up the difficulty. Mirror Image is still recommended to drop stacks.

Mistress: You need 5 inks to remove each maw, but 1) inks do not spawn fast enough and 2) if maws are not removed in time (around 30 seconds) their suction power becomes so strong that you instantly die. Haven't yet tried doing it with the Mechagon blue punchcard but I doubt it helps. In other words, pretty much undoable.

Sisters: Simple fight that just requires big numbers. Save Ice Blocks for P3 to drop Moonfire stacks.

Desolate Host: No idea how to optimize.....yet.

Maiden: Same as Sisters. Very simple fight if you have the numbers. Stand below alcoves to not fly all over the place and definitely don't trigger unstable soul during Wrath of the Creator - the DPS is actually tight and getting blown up will probably lead to a wipe.

Avatar: Probably requires obscene levels of DPS that may or may not be achievable this expansion.

KJ: Should be doable......should. Will try later.

Next stop would be Heroic Antorus, if I have time.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2019-10-03 at 07:56 AM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Mythic Krosus : Probably doable
    I returned to mythic nighthold and killed aluriel and also krosus. both are very easy and straightforward with current gear and the buffs arcane recently got.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2019-10-27 at 04:41 AM.

I'm trying arcane, it's my favorite, i miss playing it, i don't care how normal fire and frost are frequently picked up and everyone prefers having fire and frost on their group, i think balancing mana it's perfectly amazing. Thank you

Haven't done anything in a while, so here's a Classic solo. Only a dungeon boss of course, but insanely hard run nonetheless :

no one posts around here these days. anyway, guldan mythic is soloable to mages now due to corruption gear/lethal strikes. just iceblock the parasitic once and then burn him. I used arcane (~468), probably few else will. no mount dropped but a pair of tier pants for my troubles.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2020-02-22 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    no one posts around here these days. anyway, guldan mythic is soloable to mages now due to corruption gear/lethal strikes. just iceblock the parasitic once and then burn him. I used arcane (~468), probably few else will. no mount dropped but a pair of tier pants for my troubles.
    Nice job I took a long break from Retail to play Classic and I have yet to catch up, I will probably get back to it before SL but in the meantime I'm glad Mages are still around to solo stuff ! Keep it up

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't solo mythic Gul'dan anymore as Frost since the pre-patch. The damage seems higher than before, but scaling issues were expected. Gul'dan is still easy but I can only now get The Demon Within to about 20% health before I end up dying. It used to be so easy to solo before

Which spec from current pre-patch do you think is best for soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    Which spec from current pre-patch do you think is best for soloing?
    Highest damage, as always. After recent hotfixes I'd say Arcane but tbh I'm not sure.