Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would reckon that maybe Ji-kun, but otherwise, mages can't survive any WoD's boss damage long enough to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Are there any MoP bosses you see falling before WoD, Araitik?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendeura View Post
    I would reckon that maybe Ji-kun, but otherwise, mages can't survive any WoD's boss damage long enough to kill them.
    So far, I tried The Stone Guards and Feng is MSV, and Imperial Vizier Zor'lok in HoF. Only Feng was damaged to a significant extent (48%), but I see none of them falling before WoD, and they're the only "maybe soloable" bosses for T14.

Ji-kun may be doable, but I fear Quills damage will be too high for us to overheal.
    Dark Animus is doable for warlocks with a trick that's impossible for Mages, so that's it for T15, and T16 is out of the question for everyone.

What's on my to-do list for now :

T11 Heroic (Nefarian looks bad, but I still have BoT left)
    Ultraxion, but it's such a survivability check that he may not fall before WoD
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-06-28 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    So far, I tried The Stone Guards and Feng is MSV, and Imperial Vizier Zor'lok in HoF. Only Feng was damaged to a significant extent (48%), but I see none of them falling before WoD, and they're the only "maybe soloable" bosses for T14.

Ji-kun may be doable, but I fear Quills damage will be too high for us to overheal.
    Dark Animus is doable for warlocks with a trick that's impossible for Mages, so that's it for T15, and T16 is out of the question for everyone.

What's on my to-do list for now :

T11 Heroic (Nefarian looks bad, but I still have BoT left)
    Ultraxion, but it's such a survivability check that he may not fall before WoD
    Thought about trying Imersius as frost maybe? Using the pet as warlocks do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    Thought about trying Imersius as frost maybe? Using the pet as warlocks do.
    Wasn't Immerseus enrage hotfixed, also increasing damage of adds explosion, therefore impeaching solo ?

Wasn't Immerseus enrage hotfixed, also increasing damage of adds explosion, therefore impeaching solo ?
    That's something I did not know about.

That's something I did not know about.
    I'm not 100% sure but if I remember correctly that was Blizzard's response.
    Gonna try.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit : or maybe ...

A bit of technical :

- The pet thing still works.
    - Enrage does not affect Sha Pool damage (the little aoes) -> 75k
    - Enrage does however increase Sha Bolt damage, from 15k to 150k, and it's extremely hard to survive as a Mage
    - Adds explosion must be IBed, Temporal Shield alone is not enough (around 1M dmg in < 1sec)

Conclusion :

Stay tuned
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-06-28 at 09:05 PM.

I'm not 100% sure but if I remember correctly that was Blizzard's response.
    Gonna try.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit : or maybe ...

A bit of technical :

- The pet thing still works.
    - Enrage does not affect Sha Pool damage (the little aoes) -> 75k
    - Enrage does however increase Sha Bolt damage, from 15k to 150k, and it's extremely hard to survive as a Mage
    - Adds explosion must be IBed, Temporal Shield alone is not enough (around 1M dmg in < 1sec)

Conclusion :

Stay tuned
    You can run away during the enrage and w8 the sha bolts got a 200y range.

You can run away during the enrage and w8 the sha bolts got a 200y range.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=143295/sha-bolt

I read 1000 yards

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    The sha bolts don't have a 200y range, you still have to outheal them. Corrosive Blast has a 200y range, the outrange strategy would be useless to a mage.
    Yeah I think it's soloable (on the screenshot, I was already a good third into enrage) but it will require quite some luck.

- - - Updated - - -

9 minutes left on enrage, PC decides to reboot my graphic driver and crash WoW.

I'm going nuts.

Edit : It's long, it's boring, but in the end it's quite easy if you follow some guidelines. I hope my PC can stay 2 hours without crashing wo I can get a kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit² : Enraged passed. 47 minutes into the fight, Immerseus is @ 48 energy. Immerseus suddenly decides that his Corrosive Blast has 3 seconds cooldown, and promptly 1shots me with a 2.4M one. That may be MI related but I used them before w/o a problem.

Useless screenshot, but it was such a relief : Immerseus with 1 second left on his enrage, and I'm still alive !

Since it's 3 am here, I don't know if I'm gonna continue tonight, but I reaaaaaally hope for a kill tomorrow.

Stay tuned !

tl;dr : Immerseus 90% sure soloable as a Frost Mage, ~2 hours encouter expected, really good gear required.

- - - Updated - - -

23 energy !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaaand ....

Fortunately I re-restarted recording at 12 energy (fight ends @10, didn't noticed that), so I got the down on tape. Video very soon !
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-06-29 at 04:45 PM.

Congratulations!

It seems like you're going to have to add an MoP section to the spreadsheet ~

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Congratulations!

It seems like you're going to have to add an MoP section to the spreadsheet ~
    It will be quite short, since Immerseus is the only MoP boss that Mages can solo so far

It will be quite short, since Immerseus is the only MoP boss that Mages can solo so far
    Ji-Kun something something.

Next week, but I need to group for only the first 5 bosses :/

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is !

Immerseus 10 Normal

Hello everyone ! Today, in what will probably be the only T16 Mage solo until WoD, Immerseus 10 man normal mode !

The strategy itself it quite simple. When nobody is in melee range, Immerseus will spam his Corrosive Blast (600k shadow damage and +300% shadow damage taken) in front of him, normally killing anyone in 1 or 2 hits. But pets are completely immune to it, so all you have to do is position your pet outside of melee range, stay away from the cone infront of Immerseus, and stay farther than where your pet is so Immerseus never picks you as a target.

The fight itself is pretty simple : approximately every 5 seconds, Immerseus will use Sha Bolt. It does 15k damage, and creates a Sha Pool under your feet, which does 75k damage for every second you stand in the AoE. Every 30 seconds, Immerseus will use Swirl, doing 150k damage per second in the water (careful, you can take multiple ticks sometimes). Once you reduce his HP to less than 1M, Immerseus will Split, creating multiple adds, some you can kill, others you can heal. Kill as much as possible, each kill removing 1 corruption from Immerseus, and P1 restards, with his HP percantage equal to his current Corruption (58 corruption = P1 with 58% HP)

At the 10 minute mark, Immerseus will Berserk, increasing his damage by 900%. Fortunately, only the abilities directly used by Immerseus are affected : Sha Pool damage is still 75k (and not 750k, which would have been much more of a problem), but Sha Bolt now does 150k. Add it to the 75k tick you always take, that's a 225k damage every 5 seconds, more if you stay in the AoE. Swirl now does 1.5M and must of course be avoided.

The Berserk lasts 30 minutes, after which Immerseus does his initial damage and never re-enrages (phew).

Some tips :

You will need a very good gear. This fight is more about DPS than survivability, but you will need a good DPS to survive. Iron Juggernaut trinket is an absolute requirement (does around 40% of the healing).
    During Berserk, every time you step out of an AoE, you MUST Evocate at least once before the next one. If you don't, you will quickly be overwhelmed by the damage. Take the time to heal yourself.
    Never get hit by Swirl, even when Immerseus is not enraged. This ability is bugged to the core, sometimes dealing 5times the damage, or even making the game believe you are standing in a Sha Pool even if you're not. Blink to the wall and stay there, unless you are sure Swirl won't reach you.
    Never move your pet. Let me say that again. NEVER move your pet. During transitions, your pet will follow you if he can't reach the adds you are DPSing. If he is not far enough of the boss when he respawns, Immerseus will 1shot your pet with a melee and 2shot you with Corruption Blast. Don't get too greedy to reach far away adds in transitions, so during Iceblock you have time to send him back to his original spot.
    Cold Snap is required for every transitions, since adds explosion deal massive damage. Near the end of the fight, don't hesitate to stop DPSing the boss completely to wait for the cooldown.
    Fight ends at 10 energy, not 0, to my complete surprise, never even noticed that.
    Enjoy

Araitik, I happened to have stumbled upon this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4620?page=2#33 after seeing the front-page.

Could you, y'know... maybe...?*

* shove your video down that poster's throat? :3 Totally curious to see how they'll react to it.

(I would do it but I'm b& from official >.>)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Araitik, I happened to have stumbled upon this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4620?page=2#33 after seeing the front-page.

Could you, y'know... maybe...?*

* shove your video down that poster's throat? :3 Totally curious to see how they'll react to it.

(I would do it but I'm b& from official >.>)
    I can't post on US forums

I can't post on US forums
    Damn, haha XD wish it was on Twitter instead
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Damn, haha XD wish it was on Twitter instead
    I wish Blizz was not so stupid with their "you play on EU so you can't post on US" policy.

- - - Updated - - -

After a few Ji-Kun pulls ... ain't gonna be easy, if even possible.

An update on Ji-Kun.

Well, unless we magically get our Evocation cast time halved, or Temporal Shield cooldown brought to 10 seconds, I see no solution for this boss.

1 - Arcane is our only option, because we must kill the nests in less than 10 seconds to maximize Quills stacks. In Arcane spec, this can be done by simply putting a Nether Tempest on each add and fly up.
    2 - Quills damage is way too high for Mages to overheal. If we only had the boss to manage, Evocation coupled with Jugg trinket would be enough, but the back-and-forth to the nests are killing us. Even with glyphed Molten Armor, Quills hit for more than 40k/s. And if you don't do the nests, the birds poke you for 100k /3s
    3 - Evocation is mandatory, and it's killing Arcane rotation.

I got Ji-kun down to 80%, and I was on the 4th nest. I will try further but the odds are definitely not in our favor.

But Dark Animus ... stay tuned

Dark Animus 99% sure is doable

Hooray Engineering !

Edit : down to 50%
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-07-15 at 11:32 PM.

Dark Animus is down !

Editing the video right now

- - - Updated - - -

Dark Animus 10 Normal

Mage vs T15 : 1/12 down !

First of all, credit to Snowball the Russian Warlock, for the enrage kiting idea

If you want to solo this boss, all you need is a Frost spec, Engineering and patience. No minimum gear required, everything happens in the first 30 seconds, the remaining is spent kiting while your pet (slowly) kills the boss.

You will also need the Rocket Boots Xtreme Lite, they are easy to farm, look it up on wowhead.

How to kill the boss :

First, position your pet near the entrance, like 20 yards away. Pet positioning is critical or he will die. Put it on passive.
    Second, position yourself near the exit. Spec Presence of Mind, start the fight and oneshot the deactivated golem that's the closest to the boss. You MUST oneshot him, if your Frostbolt doesn't crit just reset.
    When the boss is activated, put a Living Bomb on him and use Mirror Images. Then rocketboots to the entrace, and Blink to get out before the doors close. When the golems are about to reach you, use the "double Iceblock" macro (see below). When Alter Time is about to fade, spam your Iceblock. If you do it right, you will be immune to everything until the boss reaches 100 Anima.

When the boss begins to channel FULL POWER, make your pet attack and Darkwater Potion + Rocket belt to Primordius' room.

From then it's an easy win, just kite the bolts around the room for approx. 30 minutes.

NEVER USE BLINK !! Your pet will teleport to you if you do, and you cannot send him back.

Double Ice Block macro :

/cast Alter Time
    /cast Ice Block
    /cast Cold Snap

Then spam Iceblock when AT is about to fade.

Enjoy