Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    First of all gj on heroic wod dungeon soloing and feng soloing to the ones who did it, but is stone guards doable yet? Or do they hit too hard? Think araitik said quite some time ago to have got them to 40%?

Also what about elegon? As level 100 blood dk just dinged (593 item level) the challenge is all about bringing him to 85% (very low resolve, so we can't keep up with the damage he does for long, so I assume with a lot higher dps a mage raider might survive till 85 as well?), then the damage is so low and he gets so many stacks of damage taken debuff that it would quickly transition to 50 etc., and I know that you can heal quite decently with regenerative ice glyph from the damage of sparks.
    I tried stone guards with the same MS build that I used on Feng and Nok-Karosh, but they move faster than them. Probably doable with 200% speed.
    Elegon is probably not for today, he hits insanely hard (for a Mage viewpoint) and is not avoidable.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a precision on NK : Between 100% and 50% and below 25%, you can use your regular staff. A typical NK kill for me is 15min long, assuming no adds.

Edit : with the 2 Nighthowls to kill, it took 20min.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-02-01 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    I tried stone guards with the same MS build that I used on Feng and Nok-Karosh, but they move faster than them. Probably doable with 200% speed.
    Elegon is probably not for today, he hits insanely hard (for a Mage viewpoint) and is not avoidable.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a precision on NK : Between 100% and 50% and below 25%, you can use your regular staff. A typical NK kill for me is 15min long, assuming no adds.

Edit : with the 2 Nighthowls to kill, it took 20min.
    For stone guards I understand, but don't think you understood what I mean about elegon: he has 7,7 millions total hp on 10-man and transitions at 85% and 50%, as blood dk after getting to 85% you are able, with blood boil, to kill a lot of waves of sparks, each wave he gets 10% more damage and you can keep him in transition for a very long time, so long that you might get him immediately to 50% after pillar phase ends and then you might even be able to kill him before he reactivates.

Assuming a mage raider can burst for 30k for at least a very short duration, and given that inside elegon's middle of the room you get a 100% damage buff, with 60k dps you could bring him to 85% within 20 seconds.

Now what would be the issue? Does he kill you within 20 seconds? Or don't you have reliable aoe (like we do with blood boil) to kill spark waves easily and continually to keep him in transition for the rest of the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    I've been thinking about this boss since I decided to lvl my mage to 100 and hoped I would get it before you, but every week I thougt ''One more week of gearing and I will go for it'' well my plan was to do it for real tonight but aprently I'm to late.
    Will still go for it but sucks that you were first.
    I was honestly surprised that nobody killed him before me. It was almost a disappointment to kill him so easily after the countless wipes I've had at level 90.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what about elegon? As level 100 blood dk just dinged (593 item level) the challenge is all about bringing him to 85% (very low resolve, so we can't keep up with the damage he does for long, so I assume with a lot higher dps a mage raider might survive till 85 as well?), then the damage is so low and he gets so many stacks of damage taken debuff that it would quickly transition to 50 etc., and I know that you can heal quite decently with regenerative ice glyph from the damage of sparks.
    Elegon 10 Normal

1 pull

Still, enjoy

Edit: Also, got the robes from Mar'Gok in Heroic WF with Leech ! Yayyy
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-02-01 at 10:20 PM.

Told you it seemed doable to me, guess you overestimated it!

However didn't expect an arcane spec, seems reliable for sparks.

Also you can just kill him without the last phase (radiating energies), he doesn't bug any more.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2015-02-02 at 02:46 AM.

Told you it seemed doable to me, guess you overestimated it!

However didn't expect an arcane spec, seems reliable for sparks.

Also you can just kill him without the last phase (radiating energies), he doesn't bug any more.
    You were totally right
    Also damn I purposedly waited for the last phase, had still the old bug in mind ><
    About the Arcane spec, I first tried with Frost but had problem with constant dps on sparks, and Fire is still too weak atm. Arcane has insane singne target burst for 100-85% and is godlike on sparks, so it indeed took 1 Arcane pull to kill him
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-02-02 at 08:21 AM.

You were totally right
    Also damn I purposedly waited for the last phase, had still the old bug in mind ><
    About the Arcane spec, I first tried with Frost but had problem with constant dps on sparks, and Fire is still too weak atm. Arcane has insane singne target burst for 100-85% and is godlike on sparks, so it indeed took 1 Arcane pull to kill him
    You see, even while I am a dk soloist and you are a mage soloist, soloing still gives a feel of how the fight is going to be on a weaker\stronger class and can have different challenges depending on class, still thinking about first onyxia mage solos, kiting inside that tunnel because her melee damage was too high, compared to priests spam healing and dotting and blood dks that had np outhealing the damage but took 30 mins to do the air phase (back in early cata).

And what do you think about stone guards? A friend of mine got them to 50% in about 650 item level as frost, how much will be required and what spec?

And did you ever try gara'jal? His damage increases as the fight goes on, as blood I kill him in 2 min 45 and he only starts to hurt after 3 min, as frost I died in 1 min 48, started to hurt at 1 min 30, he has 3 millions and frost dk isn't the master of survival, if you can survive 90 seconds and keep 25k you can do 2,25 mil damage, if you can keep 30k you can do 2,7 mil, keep in mind he hits a bit harder or faster from 600k to dead.

as a fire mage, you can solo the trash before twins (on mythic), those gorian chargers. takes me about 8min of kiting though. Happy farming epics =)

Quote Originally Posted by lynzh View Post
    as a fire mage, you can solo the trash before twins (on mythic), those gorian chargers. takes me about 8min of kiting though. Happy farming epics =)
    You can also solo Gorian Sorcerers

Woot! I managed to solo Elegon as Frost!

Tried as Fire, didn't go so well. Frost though, I was fine! I only used Cold Snap, Ice Barrier, and a Tonic for healing, too. Specced into Regenerative Ice for no reason XD

Notable stuff if you don't have an Arcane Spec to do it Araitik's way:

1. Talents: A3-331A (A = any, - = doesn't matter)
    2. Glyphs: Rapid Displacement, Icy Veins, Regenerative Ice (not needed at higher iLevels, but still recommended for bad luck)
    3. If you use a "pop all cooldowns" macro for your pre-pot macro, be sure to take Mirror Images OFF of it.

Now for the pull and everything else:
    - Do your pre-pull as usual (Potion, Trinkets, non-MI cooldowns, etc). Frostbolt-Water Jet, yadda yadda. Time Warp can be used on pull or after the first transition (since he'll take more damage later)
    - Be sure to run into melee range after you finish your WJ and use all your procs, Novas, Orb as you do so. You need to be in melee or he will grip you in anyways, which will hurt quite a bit.
    - When he hits 85% (and 50%), he will start drawing power. THIS IS WHEN YOU USE MIRROR IMAGES, and be sure to use it quickly!
    - As balls come, pop them with a Frostbolt, FoF, or BF. (On the second intermission or if you saved it, you might have an orb for the balls too; be sure to use it to take out a side easily and gain some easy FoF procs)
    - You won't need to go too far on the intermissions. I believe I completed two rounds of balls before letting them hit. One the one that you know you just want to straight DPS Elegon, destroy ONE ball so you get the small delay while the system tries to figure out which ball you popped. Save some FoF and BF for the pillars and take out a side before the floor even drops.
    - Kite the adds for a bit then orb Elegon and pull them into it when the floor appears. This is where the real DPS race begins as you must get him to 50% quickly or you'll eventually die. This can be difficult for lower geared players as keep in mind that your soft-enrage is the stacks of increasing damage taken you have (as well as his actual damage hitting quite hard. Use your Ice Blocks and Cold Snap when needed!)
    - Once you get him to 50%, you basically win as long as you don't royally screw up the intermission.

So yeah, best of luck everyone on your Astral Dragon!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Hmm, why didn't you try for more than 2 waves of sparks?

Still didn't get an answer, so: anyone tried gara'jal? Don't see why it'd be an issue with high enough dps seeing as he only starts to hurt later in the fight with shadowbolts.

Still didn't get an answer, so: anyone tried gara'jal? Don't see why it'd be an issue with high enough dps seeing as he only starts to hurt later in the fight with shadowbolts.
    I tried him with the same movement speed build I killed Feng with. But Gara'Jal moves faster and hits hard, and the dmg from the shadowbolts is completely insane. I think my best try was 70% or something. We'll see with Leech buff in 6.1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Woot! I managed to solo Elegon as Frost!

Tried as Fire, didn't go so well. Frost though, I was fine! I only used Cold Snap, Ice Barrier, and a Tonic for healing, too. Specced into Regenerative Ice for no reason XD

Notable stuff if you don't have an Arcane Spec to do it Araitik's way:

1. Talents: A3-331A (A = any, - = doesn't matter)
    2. Glyphs: Rapid Displacement, Icy Veins, Regenerative Ice (not needed at higher iLevels, but still recommended for bad luck)
    3. If you use a "pop all cooldowns" macro for your pre-pot macro, be sure to take Mirror Images OFF of it.

Now for the pull and everything else:
    - Do your pre-pull as usual (Potion, Trinkets, non-MI cooldowns, etc). Frostbolt-Water Jet, yadda yadda. Time Warp can be used on pull or after the first transition (since he'll take more damage later)
    - Be sure to run into melee range after you finish your WJ and use all your procs, Novas, Orb as you do so. You need to be in melee or he will grip you in anyways, which will hurt quite a bit.
    - When he hits 85% (and 50%), he will start drawing power. THIS IS WHEN YOU USE MIRROR IMAGES, and be sure to use it quickly!
    - As balls come, pop them with a Frostbolt, FoF, or BF. (On the second intermission or if you saved it, you might have an orb for the balls too; be sure to use it to take out a side easily and gain some easy FoF procs)
    - You won't need to go too far on the intermissions. I believe I completed two rounds of balls before letting them hit. One the one that you know you just want to straight DPS Elegon, destroy ONE ball so you get the small delay while the system tries to figure out which ball you popped. Save some FoF and BF for the pillars and take out a side before the floor even drops.
    - Kite the adds for a bit then orb Elegon and pull them into it when the floor appears. This is where the real DPS race begins as you must get him to 50% quickly or you'll eventually die. This can be difficult for lower geared players as keep in mind that your soft-enrage is the stacks of increasing damage taken you have (as well as his actual damage hitting quite hard. Use your Ice Blocks and Cold Snap when needed!)
    - Once you get him to 50%, you basically win as long as you don't royally screw up the intermission.

So yeah, best of luck everyone on your Astral Dragon!
    GJ, its quite a task as frost, as opposite to Arcane. Had a frost/fire spec at my first solo, was painful! Gear helps wonders too... If i just had som leech

I got bored.

Elegon 10 Heroic

I got bored.
    Lol nice! Also great job on AEing the balls so easily

One thing I noticed though (and this is more or less for people having trouble since you can obviously clear it) is that you should try to kill at LEAST one ball on your last cycle so the floor doesn't despawn so quickly (the game needs a second to register which ones you killed to lift those pylons, giving you extra time to kill them with the 50% bonus damage from the floor; if you don't kill any of them, the game instantly knows that it can start the "drop floor sequence" right away). So yeah, for anyone struggling, be sure to kill at least one ball in your last intermission cycle!
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Lol nice! Also great job on AEing the balls so easily

One thing I noticed though (and this is more or less for people having trouble since you can obviously clear it) is that you should try to kill at LEAST one ball on your last cycle so the floor doesn't despawn so quickly (the game needs a second to register which ones you killed to lift those pylons, giving you extra time to kill them with the 50% bonus damage from the floor; if you don't kill any of them, the game instantly knows that it can start the "drop floor sequence" right away). So yeah, for anyone struggling, be sure to kill at least one ball in your last intermission cycle!
    This would explain something on my dk kills, as at times I had plenty of time before power down and other times I got surprised and almost fell!

This would explain something on my dk kills, as at times I had plenty of time before power down and other times I got surprised and almost fell!
    Yeah, it's a small bug that I noticed while my group was actually progressing on Elegon all the way back in T14 days, and I always took advantage of it unless we were going for the achievement.

Yeah, it's a small bug that I noticed while my group was actually progressing on Elegon all the way back in T14 days, and I always took advantage of it unless we were going for the achievement.
    Yeah Elegon is still bugged in really weird ways, last week with my DK I got him to 40% during first transition, when I couldn't kill the orbs anymore Elegon continued to channel Draw Power and Celestial Breath during pillar transition, and when P1 restarted there were like 20+ stacked orbs on every pillar, so stacked that they were red (oO).
    Fortunately he does not grip everyone to the center like he used to.

Yeah Elegon is still bugged in really weird ways, last week with my DK I got him to 40% during first transition, when I couldn't kill the orbs anymore Elegon continued to channel Draw Power and Celestial Breath during pillar transition, and when P1 restarted there were like 20+ stacked orbs on every pillar, so stacked that they were red (oO).
    Fortunately he does not grip everyone to the center like he used to.
    Ah, yes, I had this bug too in one of my kills always on dk.

However, about gara'jal: in your try, araitik, you said you used the same movement speed build you used to kite feng, which means you were using a weak weapon and in general a build which gives you a pretty big dps loss compared to your normal set, right?

In that case, any chance you could try it with your normal dps set and using the spec which does the highest burst over a 1 min 30 fight (not sure if it'd be arcane on that duration, you know it better than me) and see if you're able to kill him before he kills you?

I'm pretty sure you would be able to kill him or get him very low because a friend of mine tried as frost with 653 item level (even recorded it and kept it as a hidden video) and got him to 27%, the gear difference is pretty heavy, can show you the video of his attempt if you want.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2015-02-25 at 02:22 AM.

Ah, yes, I had this bug too in one of my kills always on dk.

However, about gara'jal: in your try, araitik, you said you used the same movement speed build you used to kite feng, which means you were using a weak weapon and in general a build which gives you a pretty big dps loss compared to your normal set, right?

In that case, any chance you could try it with your normal dps set and using the spec which does the highest burst over a 1 min 30 fight (not sure if it'd be arcane on that duration, you know it better than me) and see if you're able to kill him before he kills you?

I'm pretty sure you would be able to kill him or get him very low because a friend of mine tried as frost with 653 item level (even recorded it and kept it as a hidden video) and got him to 27%, the gear difference is pretty heavy, can show you the video of his attempt if you want.
    You have my attention
    Going to give this guy a re-try tonight.