Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    This would explain something on my dk kills, as at times I had plenty of time before power down and other times I got surprised and almost fell!
    Yeah, it's a small bug that I noticed while my group was actually progressing on Elegon all the way back in T14 days, and I always took advantage of it unless we were going for the achievement.

Progression (prior to next tier): [T17] 2/7M; 10/10N-8/10H (N BH pre-Week 2 Hotfixes)

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yeah, it's a small bug that I noticed while my group was actually progressing on Elegon all the way back in T14 days, and I always took advantage of it unless we were going for the achievement.
    Yeah Elegon is still bugged in really weird ways, last week with my DK I got him to 40% during first transition, when I couldn't kill the orbs anymore Elegon continued to channel Draw Power and Celestial Breath during pillar transition, and when P1 restarted there were like 20+ stacked orbs on every pillar, so stacked that they were red (oO).
    Fortunately he does not grip everyone to the center like he used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Yeah Elegon is still bugged in really weird ways, last week with my DK I got him to 40% during first transition, when I couldn't kill the orbs anymore Elegon continued to channel Draw Power and Celestial Breath during pillar transition, and when P1 restarted there were like 20+ stacked orbs on every pillar, so stacked that they were red (oO).
    Fortunately he does not grip everyone to the center like he used to.
    Ah, yes, I had this bug too in one of my kills always on dk.

However, about gara'jal: in your try, araitik, you said you used the same movement speed build you used to kite feng, which means you were using a weak weapon and in general a build which gives you a pretty big dps loss compared to your normal set, right?

In that case, any chance you could try it with your normal dps set and using the spec which does the highest burst over a 1 min 30 fight (not sure if it'd be arcane on that duration, you know it better than me) and see if you're able to kill him before he kills you?

I'm pretty sure you would be able to kill him or get him very low because a friend of mine tried as frost with 653 item level (even recorded it and kept it as a hidden video) and got him to 27%, the gear difference is pretty heavy, can show you the video of his attempt if you want.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2015-02-25 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Ah, yes, I had this bug too in one of my kills always on dk.

However, about gara'jal: in your try, araitik, you said you used the same movement speed build you used to kite feng, which means you were using a weak weapon and in general a build which gives you a pretty big dps loss compared to your normal set, right?

In that case, any chance you could try it with your normal dps set and using the spec which does the highest burst over a 1 min 30 fight (not sure if it'd be arcane on that duration, you know it better than me) and see if you're able to kill him before he kills you?

I'm pretty sure you would be able to kill him or get him very low because a friend of mine tried as frost with 653 item level (even recorded it and kept it as a hidden video) and got him to 27%, the gear difference is pretty heavy, can show you the video of his attempt if you want.
    You have my attention
    Going to give this guy a re-try tonight.

just did a mogushan vaults solo and i gotta say, at 685 its very challenging still, several bosses took me multiple attempts and had to make alot of gear/talent/spec changes and experimenting to kill them

gonna start clearing it every week as mage for chance at elegon mount i guess

it is rough without the old content buff on, so 5m health still requires you to do 5m dmg regularly, and msot boss melee attacks hit for 10-20k so its definately rough but if youre above 680 id say its doable

some tips i had on the clear

1. stone guard LOL COMBUST

2. feng, brute force, block off the flame debuff going into arcane phase

3. garajal, i used all CDs on pull but then used a combo of alter time and evanece to survive his soft enrage, mirror images do not work

4. mirror image tank 1st king, kill subetai with lust still up so it goes by in like 20s, the 3rd king is the RNG part, you prettymuch need to get the shadow guy 3rd because mengs MC dot will tick till the fight ends (idk if its ice blockable) so getting him 4th helps, also meng does alot of melee dmg and relfect dmg so if you get him 4th, and you kited the shadow guy for quite a bit, mirror images will be back up

5. elegon theres 1 ways to do this from what ive determined

Item level 660-675: burst him to 85%, MI tanking wont work but getting him to 85% asap stops the melee. next stay in this phase for 2-3 rounds of orbs and get him to about 55% then transition. kill pillars pretty easy, blink thru fire walls, you can kite the adds with ~110-120% movement speed and use arcane explosion (glyphed) to kill them withuot taking damage. after this you instantly phase him again to 50%, here you stay in thsi phase until he dies, killing maybe 2-4 add waves. if you dont kill him here its fine, as long as hes below like 15% just do the intermission again and finish him

Item level 675+: phase him to 85 and kill him in the intermission phase. still lust on pull, took probably 4-5 add waves to do it then on 5th i think i just stood and burned and he died right before floor fell. like i said i was 685 so maybe at like 675-680 you will phase him at ~15% and just do the intermission and come back in.

note, i think phasing to 50% in this strat during intermission will reset the ball speed but dont quote me on that because this happened after 1 wave of balls for me

6. will of the emperor. i havent done it yet but im 99% sure ill be able to do it as fire with a bit of RNG, just need to get a good combust and then get them into dance phase and get some lucky 2x dance combos and kill them before the begin meleeing you again (cuz they hurt) id say theres no way the boss phase can last longer than the duration of time warp or you will die, that combust has to kill them so prettymuch full mastery and pray for a 4pc proc then use the double combust 2pc trick to get like a 3m combust and flat out kill them both (shared health)
    Last edited by onemanaleft; 2015-02-25 at 03:56 PM.

Patch 6.1, the good stuff.

3.31% leech with only 2 parts, good times ahead.

Patch 6.1, the bad stuff.

Movement speed build no longer works. You can only go to 110% and then it stops, only the true tertiary stat Speed goes further. No more Nok-Karosh solo farm until you are full of speed gear (enough to reach 150% base movespeed)

whats the base value for leech now? it was rediculous before like 250 per 1%, any idea what it is now?

id say for MSV a value of around 5% leech would have made most of the fights a joke

I have noticed smth strange today. I soloed firelands 25 man like every week, except this time mirror images had terribly low health and they were gone after 1-2 hits from the boss when they had aggro.

I dont know if this is a bug, or intended.

The Stone Guards, Gara'jan the Spiritbinder, The Spirit Kings 10 Normal

Gj both, that's some interesting solos, stone guards looks really easy as fire, gara'jal looked harder than I thought, seemed like his damage was already overwhelming when you killed him in the video, and spirit kings I didn't even think would've been doable for mages, because of the damage first boss does, but looks like images last long enough.

Also about leech, if we assume a 30k dps, 5% leech would give you 1,5k hps, should be more than some dps classes without leech but seems still quite weak to outheal the damage of hard hitting bosses, say horridon (and I know you weren't talking about it, just making an example), but assuming 300k total hp and iceblock healing glyph and cold snap and the 3 min cd of the ability, you'd have about 1,6k hps, so that leech effectively doubles it (this doesn't include ice barrier cause I don't know how powerful it is in that gear).
    Last edited by Esploratore; Today at 04:54 AM.