Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    just did a mogushan vaults solo and i gotta say, at 685 its very challenging still, several bosses took me multiple attempts and had to make alot of gear/talent/spec changes and experimenting to kill them

gonna start clearing it every week as mage for chance at elegon mount i guess

it is rough without the old content buff on, so 5m health still requires you to do 5m dmg regularly, and msot boss melee attacks hit for 10-20k so its definately rough but if youre above 680 id say its doable

some tips i had on the clear

1. stone guard LOL COMBUST

2. feng, brute force, block off the flame debuff going into arcane phase

3. garajal, i used all CDs on pull but then used a combo of alter time and evanece to survive his soft enrage, mirror images do not work

4. mirror image tank 1st king, kill subetai with lust still up so it goes by in like 20s, the 3rd king is the RNG part, you prettymuch need to get the shadow guy 3rd because mengs MC dot will tick till the fight ends (idk if its ice blockable) so getting him 4th helps, also meng does alot of melee dmg and relfect dmg so if you get him 4th, and you kited the shadow guy for quite a bit, mirror images will be back up

5. elegon theres 1 ways to do this from what ive determined

Item level 660-675: burst him to 85%, MI tanking wont work but getting him to 85% asap stops the melee. next stay in this phase for 2-3 rounds of orbs and get him to about 55% then transition. kill pillars pretty easy, blink thru fire walls, you can kite the adds with ~110-120% movement speed and use arcane explosion (glyphed) to kill them withuot taking damage. after this you instantly phase him again to 50%, here you stay in thsi phase until he dies, killing maybe 2-4 add waves. if you dont kill him here its fine, as long as hes below like 15% just do the intermission again and finish him

Item level 675+: phase him to 85 and kill him in the intermission phase. still lust on pull, took probably 4-5 add waves to do it then on 5th i think i just stood and burned and he died right before floor fell. like i said i was 685 so maybe at like 675-680 you will phase him at ~15% and just do the intermission and come back in.

note, i think phasing to 50% in this strat during intermission will reset the ball speed but dont quote me on that because this happened after 1 wave of balls for me

6. will of the emperor. i havent done it yet but im 99% sure ill be able to do it as fire with a bit of RNG, just need to get a good combust and then get them into dance phase and get some lucky 2x dance combos and kill them before the begin meleeing you again (cuz they hurt) id say theres no way the boss phase can last longer than the duration of time warp or you will die, that combust has to kill them so prettymuch full mastery and pray for a 4pc proc then use the double combust 2pc trick to get like a 3m combust and flat out kill them both (shared health)
    Last edited by onemanaleft; 2015-02-25 at 03:56 PM.

Patch 6.1, the good stuff.

3.31% leech with only 2 parts, good times ahead.

Patch 6.1, the bad stuff.

Movement speed build no longer works. You can only go to 110% and then it stops, only the true tertiary stat Speed goes further. No more Nok-Karosh solo farm until you are full of speed gear (enough to reach 150% base movespeed)

whats the base value for leech now? it was rediculous before like 250 per 1%, any idea what it is now?

id say for MSV a value of around 5% leech would have made most of the fights a joke

Deleted
    I have noticed smth strange today. I soloed firelands 25 man like every week, except this time mirror images had terribly low health and they were gone after 1-2 hits from the boss when they had aggro.

I dont know if this is a bug, or intended.

The Stone Guards, Gara'jan the Spiritbinder, The Spirit Kings 10 Normal

Gj both, that's some interesting solos, stone guards looks really easy as fire, gara'jal looked harder than I thought, seemed like his damage was already overwhelming when you killed him in the video, and spirit kings I didn't even think would've been doable for mages, because of the damage first boss does, but looks like images last long enough.

Also about leech, if we assume a 30k dps, 5% leech would give you 1,5k hps, should be more than some dps classes without leech but seems still quite weak to outheal the damage of hard hitting bosses, say horridon (and I know you weren't talking about it, just making an example), but assuming 300k total hp and iceblock healing glyph and cold snap and the 3 min cd of the ability, you'd have about 1,6k hps, so that leech effectively doubles it (this doesn't include ice barrier cause I don't know how powerful it is in that gear).
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2015-03-06 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Am noob to Mage have not tried but can captain explain why? Works on Druid Treants and UH DK Ghoul.

Do your Mirror Images walk out of Range if you do or something?
    It works if you land MI in melee range then move away, but Elegon will 1shot each MI so not very interesting.

One curious thing I found is that on Heroic you can't dps your own Prismatic Crystal, while you can on Normal. I guess it's an interaction bug since it's intended on Heroic to not be able to dps the boss while standing outside the platform (while you can on normal)

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Am noob to Mage have not tried but can captain explain why? Works on Druid Treants and UH DK Ghoul.

Do your Mirror Images walk out of Range if you do or something?
    mirror images havent worked on elegon since the boss was released in the MoP beta

Deleted
    Nice work, never try the MOP bosses, sure is very fun!

Protectors of the Endless 10 Normal

Pretty easy with some Leech (2.5% here) and decent ilvl (685)

Glyph Regenerative Ice and Spellsteal. Cleansing Waters are stackable, meaning that you should chain Spellsteal all bosses with the buff on them.

Kill order : Kaloan - Regail - Asani
    Tsulong 10 Normal

Pretty easy. Swapped a few pieces for more Leech (had around 5%)

Stay in Subeam at all times and nuke.
    Enjoy

Deleted
    nice work Araitik

share us more

Gotta love ilvl increase

Watch @60fps !

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 10 Normal

Blade Lord Ta'yak 10 Normal

Garalon 10 Normal

Wind Lord Mel'jarak 10 Normal

Quick note on remaining T14 bosses:

Mogu'shan Vaults

Only Will of the Emperor left, my guess is probably doable

Heart of Fear

Amber-shaper Un'sok : unsoloable by anyone due to MCs
    Grand Empress Shek'zeer : if we can DPS her fast enough to void MC, should be fine

Terrace of Endless Springs

Lei'shi : Hits insanely hard and has tons of annoying mechanics. Got her to 20%.
    Sha of Fear : Doubt it'll be doable unless fully Mythic geared, given that you cannot avoid getting hit.

Enjoy and see you soon

jikun was a joke first try at like 683 btw, 693 now so maybe ill try to tackle some MoP world bosses (well not celestials cuz i solod those at 90) or horridon, this means every mount boss would be soloable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    jikun was a joke first try at like 683 btw, 693 now so maybe ill try to tackle some MoP world bosses (well not celestials cuz i solod those at 90) or horridon, this means every mount boss would be soloable
    I don't raid seriously so can't say for sure but it would seem probable that you could solo world bosses with the shado-pan helper you can glitch out of townlong steppes. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3IHF1jEpM)

She won't last long but her +115% damage is a lot.

Jin'rokh annoyed me, so I went and ate some Heroic chicken.

Ji-Kun 10 man Heroic

Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, let's do actual bosses.

Durumu the Forgotten 10 Normal

This one almost drove me insane.

Basics :

- Never go melee
    - Ice Block completely cancels the "Beams phase" if you use it before the phase starts. No debuffs, no rays, no damage.
    - Killing this boss requires a perfect pull. If the boss is anything above 40% when you reach the Beams phase, reset and retry.
    - Remember that Durumu stacks a %healing received reduction, so be mindful of your potion use.

PS : for the first time, Mages before Warlocks ! Hurray !
    Enjoy

I just updated the OP, the Talent section was completely revamped, I also added the Shieldtronic Shield to items Feel free to comment !

Any tips for soloing Majordomo 25h? My mage is only LFR geared, I've tried going frost and having my elemental tank, but he kills them too quickly, and he just does too much damage and has too much health to do by myself

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Any tips for soloing Majordomo 25h? My mage is only LFR geared, I've tried going frost and having my elemental tank, but he kills them too quickly, and he just does too much damage and has too much health to do by myself
    Majordomo 25H was soloable at level 90, although only with BiS gear (I had 588), and was quite difficult after the low level "buff-nerf", but it should be way easier at 100.

If you can't nuke him fast enough, your best shot is to spec Fire and kite. Talent Blazing speed and take Rapid Displacement glyph. If you can find a piece or two with Leech on it it's way easier. Look at the AH for raid drops with Leech on them, 670 are usually pretty cheap.

Deleted
    Some insight on Jin'rokh:

In my pulls the best I managed was about 25%, but this was with mirror images. I tried subsequently with RoP to squeeze out more damage, and experimenting with every pet summoning trinket and weapon I had. This included C'thun and Yogg-Saron tentacles, Martar, the Terracotta Guardian, Abracadaver, and Shard of Azzinoth.

The tentacles would only hold him until they were killed, then he would reset immediately upon their deaths.

Martar and the Terracotta Guardian were one-shot as well, but instead the boss would death grip me while I was airborne. However, this resulted in the silence effect of being thrown persisting as I never impacted the ground as intended, which causes you to suffer 15 seconds worth of damage until the silence fell off on its own. Given that they have an hour cooldown, it's not worth it.

Abracadaver died from AoE damage. Summoning him 3 seconds before the throw would require me to mutilate my damage output in the seconds preceding the throw, which, at least in my 685 gear, I can't allow. Equipping the staff 3 seconds before would incur the normal 30 second switching cooldown.

Shard of Azzinoth, well, I couldn't get to proc. It requires some hefty luck, and mindless stabbing, and probably would end similar to the tentacles. His normal uptime is about 15-20 seconds which would not suffice if spawned on pull.

Images, while they don't reset the boss, will cause him to stand there evade bugged until your images fade on their own (minus the times where he targets you to tag you with an orb), for about 30 seconds. You could manage to play smart with the small windows of time where he allows you to attack while he casts orbs on you.

I didn't use health potions, and did this in arcane spec. I don't think frost has the boom needed, as your kill is going to mostly be revolving around using the pool and a crystal.