Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadoworx View Post
    This was a special case.

I evocated the full duration so that the cooldown of evocation would already be ~5 seconds over, so I could evocate earlier when the burn came later.

For a similar reason, I opened with AP and Crystal because that was the only way I could assure they would be ready for the burn that came later. It was feasible that you could have pulled some trash down there with 4 charges, but I was too lazy to do so. It may reproduce some more consistent results if trinkets reset on pull.

Doing this fight as I would normally in a raid environment yielded poor results as his health when I was thrown would typically be around 80%.
    Well, you clearly thought this through. Congrats again

Edit : Went to kill Nalak before raid, it's a joke. I had no Leech, no Cold Snap, no buffs. Drag him near the entrance of ToT and nuke. Dead in < 1 min.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-04-09 at 06:21 PM.

Heroic 10 man Stone Guards : killed
    Heroic 10 man Feng : killed
    Heroic 10 man Gara'jal : killed
    Heroic 10 man The Spirit Kings : killed

Onwards to Will of the Emperor !

Heroic 10 man Will of the Emperor : definitely not for today.

- - - Updated - - -

The Stone Guard 10 Heroic

Feng the Accursed 10 heroi

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder 10 Heroic

The Spirit Kings 10 Heroic

Last edited by Araitik; 2015-04-11 at 03:06 PM.

Araitik, have you tried Dark Animus without the strategy you used in MoP?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Araitik, have you tried Dark Animus without the strategy you used in MoP?
    Yes. Possible to make DA enrage while staying inside the room, but even with 148% move speed I cannot outrun his enrage. So it's possible, with enough bonus speed.

Strategy used : position yourself in middle. Engage fight, kill the first golem you can that will activate DA. Run towards entrance, use MI closest to the entrance, then run back to the other end of the room. IB at the last second, and if your timing is right, DA should enrage before your IB is over. Then run.

Edit : tried again with 151% total MS but still not enough. I guess 170% should seal the deal.
    Edit 2 : I may be completely stupid. Hang on.
    Edit 3 : I'm not. Wish I was
    Edit 4 : Although it's possible to do the fight "normally", once DA activates you're dead. Mages cannot tank him. Used MoP strat, down in 10 minutes. Only downside is that Frost spec is required. *shrugs*

Got a quick try at Iron Qwon. Got to 3rd boss, but out of cooldowns. Doubt I could have survived the final phase anyway.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-04-13 at 08:44 PM.

Btw for the Mage farmers, Nok-Karosh is still soloable with Bipsi's Bobbing Berg (or Anglers Fishing Raft)

Pull N-K towards the cliff. Use an glider and maintain LB the entire descent to avoid reset, then when you land on water spam space while dpsing. I recommend keyboard turning (yeah, I know) to avoid diving into water, which will often means death if you're too close.

- - - Updated - - -

10.13% Leech .. the difference between "get rekt mage" and "piece of cake".

Iron Qwon 10 normal joins the list.

Edit : Twin Consorts are out of reach for now. And let's not mention Lei Shen.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-04-17 at 09:33 PM.

How can you solo Iron Qon but not Twins/Lei Shen? Both of those are a lot easier than Iron Qon is at least for a DK (haven't dared to try ToT on my mage yet ).

How can you solo Iron Qon but not Twins/Lei Shen? Both of those are a lot easier than Iron Qon is at least for a DK (haven't dared to try ToT on my mage yet ).
    Twins : Lu'lin (dusk phase) : Not that much of a trouble, except for that Cosmic Barrage hits for 70k, unavoidable except with IB. Melees for 7k which is quite hard, and Suen will add a 10k strike (the fire aoe around you), and Tears of the Sun which is 5k/s for 10s

Suen (day phase) : trouble begins. She dual wields, meaning melees ramp up to 20k, which would be a challenge to survive on its own. Add on top of that the constant Fire damage ticking, the Fan of Flames which does insane Fire damage and her debuff increasing here fire damage done, which you can't destack because Lu'lin is dead so no Ice Comet. You can't tank her, you can't outrun her.

Lei Shen : boss himself is a piece of cake. First transition. 10 Unharnessed Power, each hitting for 6k+. Goodbye.

- - - Updated - - -

Iron Qwon 10 Normal

- - - Updated - - -

Edit : Protectors still not down, tomorrow for sure. Quick note about Immerseus : Normal can be done as Arcane, but requires really good gear. Killed him 3s before enrage.

- - - Updated - - -

Protectors DOOOOOOOWN !

Video is a serious contestant to prenerf Ultraxion in category "Everything went so perfectly".

Incoming soon !
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-04-18 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you mean heroic protectors?

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I assume you mean heroic protectors?
    Wrong assumption, but I am talking about The Fallen Protectors (SOO, 2nd boss) not the Protectors of the Endless (ToES, 1st boss).
    If you were talking about Fallen Protectors, a quick look at the video will give you a strong hint on why Heroic FP are quite not doable yet :

Fallen Protectors - Normal

Probably the best boss to solo so far in WoD.

Fallen Protectors are really difficult, because it requires a lot of DPS, careful placement, focus and survival.

Engage on He Softfoot, use a Draenic Living Action Potion to bypass Rook's stun, get a huge Combustion on all bosses then make them transition while ensuring Sun Tenderhearth stays longer than the other two. Use her to spread all your dots on the Embodied Anguish (He's add) and spread again to kill Embodied Sorrow (Rook's add).

He should come out of transition after at most 5 seconds, same for Sun. The Embodied Gloom prevents Rook from going out of transition, which is a good thing since he stuns.

Sun should chain her transition, don't bother with them. He's second transition should begin at the same time as Rook respawns. (kill the Embodied Gloom when He transitions). Rook should then 2nd transition immediately, without stunning. Kill all adds as fast as you can.

After that, kill everything and remember that you have 10 seconds after a boss died to end the fight.

It's a really hard boss (took me just under 100 pulls). If you don't get a perfect pull, reset immediately. Don't DPS too much, because if Rook or Sun come out of transition with their HP lower than 30%, they will never do their second transition and kill you in a matter of seconds.
    Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Back to easy bosses.

Will of the Emperor 10 Normal

- - - Updated - - -

Lei Shi : 50 wipes.
    Sha of Fear : 5.

Gotta love soloing with a Mage

I like that mage soloing is as vibrant as ever; the DK soloing community by contrast is almost completely dead as there's nothing left to do. Having poor self-healing/defensive cooldowns is almost a boon in that regard

And Lei Shi is very impressive of course ~

I like that mage soloing is as vibrant as ever; the DK soloing community by contrast is almost completely dead as there's nothing left to do. Having poor self-healing/defensive cooldowns is almost a boon in that regard

And Lei Shi is very impressive of course ~
    Well, we've got a lot of catch-up to do ! But I'm glad to fill the spreadsheet, one green cell at a time

Lei Shi 10 Normal

I chose this music because both title and lyrics fit Lei Shi perfectly.
    Look cute, talks cute, is adorable ... and MELTS YOUR FACE !!

Her debuff is brutal : +12% Frost damage taken, per stack. She casts faster the lower her health is, debuff ignores invincibility, she continues casting while in Hide phase ... Lei Shi's a monster truck. Killing her will require a near-perfect pull and a full knowledge of mechanics.

She will transition at 80, 60, 40 and 20%, each time becoming invulnerable until you've killed an add.

Engage with full CDs, notice how I bring her down to 70% before first transition. Kill the add as fast as possible, then AT and bring her to 60%. Kill the second add before AT runs out. Then comes a tricky part. If her first phase is a Hide, you're doomed. Die and come back.

If she casts Get Away!, just be sure you destacked before nuking. Use Mirror Images just before 40% transition and Blink (debuff is applied in AoE). Kill the add then IB to go full health. Afterwards, she will Hide.

Here is the INSANE part. Lei Shi is technically level 93. Meaning she can miss you. Now, hang in there. She has to miss you enough so you destack. I'll spare you the calculation : she missed 7 TIMES IN A ROW on my down. I had countless pulls where she would miss a few times the refresh the debuff 1s before is falls off. Hide phase is really long to get out of (only Arcane Explosion works). You can use a Battle Horn to figure out where she is.

Afterwards, it's just a nuke with full CDs.
    Sha of Fear 10 Normal

Disappointment. Only 5 pulls required, a complete joke with enough gear.

Blow all your cds, Ice Block when you get ported to the Terrace, kill the add, take portal and kill the boss.

Enjoy

Hmmm has anyone tried Stone Guard 25H?

Hmmm has anyone tried Stone Guard 25H?
    62% with a not-so-good pull, but out of CDs anyway. Not doable atm I guess.

Horridon 10 Normal

Badass boss, badass music ! I really though I'd never get this kill. After a lot of wipes at 5%, finally the stars aligned.

Horridon is a beast, pun intended. He hits like crazy, cannot be kited for long, stacks a debuff and spawns a metric ton of adds !

The only strategy here is to run as fast as you can. Keep an Ice Block for the last few %, as Jalak hits for even more than Horridon and stacks a damage buff on himself. I originally planned to kill Jalak (and it can work) but on this pull Horridon was lower so I went with it.
    Enjoy

I gotta try some of these bosses.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Fire mage too stronk

Council of Elders 10 Heroic

Also

O.O wow, that heroic council kill... Fire mage OP. GJ on that one!
    (currently levelling my mage, and when I get some gear on her this thread is making me wanna attempt some solos because mage solos are impressive)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the Council video, looked at the Skada meter, and decided that it was about time to stop being lazy and actually gear up my mage.

(30k leech ticks yikes)

Quote Originally Posted by Kulia View Post
    O.O wow, that heroic council kill... Fire mage OP. GJ on that one!
    (currently levelling my mage, and when I get some gear on her this thread is making me wanna attempt some solos because mage solos are impressive)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    I watched the Council video, looked at the Skada meter, and decided that it was about time to stop being lazy and actually gear up my mage.

(30k leech ticks yikes)
    I'm always glad to see new Mages join the soloing community Welcome aboard and best of luck ! Feel free to share your achievements or ask for advice
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-04-28 at 09:12 AM.

Some insight on Heroic Protectors of the Endless :

This fight is insane. It took me 55 pulls to manage killing Kaolan without either Asani or Regail dying (empowered Kaolan is instakill). And I used every cooldown available.
    It's not impossible, but requires really good gear and BiS with Leech on them, something that I don't have atm.

Edit : for future reference :

Edit 2 : Elite Normal protectors is however easy peasy. Just kite Kaolan around the room.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-05-03 at 09:49 PM.