Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Fire mage too stronk

Council of Elders 10 Heroic

Also

O.O wow, that heroic council kill... Fire mage OP. GJ on that one!
    (currently levelling my mage, and when I get some gear on her this thread is making me wanna attempt some solos because mage solos are impressive)

Stood in the Fire
    I watched the Council video, looked at the Skada meter, and decided that it was about time to stop being lazy and actually gear up my mage.

(30k leech ticks yikes)

Quote Originally Posted by Kulia View Post
    O.O wow, that heroic council kill... Fire mage OP. GJ on that one!
    (currently levelling my mage, and when I get some gear on her this thread is making me wanna attempt some solos because mage solos are impressive)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    I watched the Council video, looked at the Skada meter, and decided that it was about time to stop being lazy and actually gear up my mage.

(30k leech ticks yikes)
    I'm always glad to see new Mages join the soloing community Welcome aboard and best of luck ! Feel free to share your achievements or ask for advice
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-04-28 at 09:12 AM.

Some insight on Heroic Protectors of the Endless :

This fight is insane. It took me 55 pulls to manage killing Kaolan without either Asani or Regail dying (empowered Kaolan is instakill). And I used every cooldown available.
    It's not impossible, but requires really good gear and BiS with Leech on them, something that I don't have atm.

Edit : for future reference :

Edit 2 : Elite Normal protectors is however easy peasy. Just kite Kaolan around the room.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-05-03 at 09:49 PM.

That is the same problem I am having.. with regard to protectors. I can do Elite normal, but I can't do the heroic protectors. I am currently 686iLvL with considerable leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    (30k leech ticks yikes)
    This is what makes me cry: I have not gotten a single piece of leech gear (or ANY tertiary for that matter) in BRF. It's way too fucking rare, I swear.

If they made Leech enchants for your gear, and it gave like 4x of the secondary stat, I would greatly consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    That is the same problem I am having.. with regard to protectors. I can do Elite normal, but I can't do the heroic protectors. I am currently 686iLvL with considerable leech.
    How far did you go ? The screenshot was taken with 698 ilvl, and I had considerable trouble just to get there

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    This is what makes me cry: I have not gotten a single piece of leech gear (or ANY tertiary for that matter) in BRF. It's way too fucking rare, I swear.
    685 Bracers of the Darkened Skies : bought 75k
    700 Choker of the Bloody Flame : bought 50k
    685 Meatmonger's Gory Grips : bought 30k
    I also have Inferno Breath Sandals and Eye-catching gilded Robe that I looted, first with bonus roll, second because nobody wanted it (obviously)

So 5 Leech items, 3 of them bought for a nice total of 155k gold, 0 being close to BiS (in Arcane gear, I have 60.5% Mastery unbuffed, with all of the above items equipped I have only 51.6% left), but offering me 9% Leech.

But only 5-6% Leech already allows you to solo many bosses impossible without (Horridon being the most recent, done with 6%)

According to AMR, if you somehow had all your gear with Leech, you could get :

Full BrF heroic : 20.4%
    Full BrF Mythic : 29.56%
    Full BiS : 31.3%

And it's only the first tier of the expansion, so Mage soloing is going to be better and better as time passes, assuming Leech is not capped.

Btw, I'm only talking about Leech here, but know that with full BiS, you can get 87.64% bonus Speed or Avoidance. Both of them allowing interesting solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If they made Leech enchants for your gear, and it gave like 4x of the secondary stat, I would greatly consider it.
    Even though I know this is never going to happen, I can't help myself thinking about how great this would be.

I don't know why, but I was always trying to kill Asani first. I have tried the others, but best I could do was Asani... 30%. I was helped by having a lot of lucky chain crits, resulting in successive HS procs. I am leeching about 15% HP each hit, but I start losing the battle as soon as lust wears off and I am running.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I don't know why, but I was always trying to kill Asani first. I have tried the others, but best I could do was Asani... 30%. I was helped by having a lot of lucky chain crits, resulting in successive HS procs. I am leeching about 15% HP each hit, but I start losing the battle as soon as lust wears off and I am running.
    Doesn't Asani have the least HP? You probably want Kaolan down first though as he's the hardest hitter of the bunch, even though he's the tankiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Doesn't Asani have the least HP? You probably want Kaolan down first though as he's the hardest hitter of the bunch, even though he's the tankiest.
    Asani and Regail both have the same HP, but Kaloan has as much health as the two of them combined. Killing Kaolan first is really difficult, you have to let Asani and Regail heal (steal only on Kaolan) and have a ton of crit luck to nuke Kaolan as much as possible.

I actually had a pull where I popped images while dpsing Asani.. but the images started attacking Regail. This is one of those weird fights. I remember when I used to Solo 0-light yogg... at one point it was actually easier to solo 0 light at lvl 90 than lvl 100. I wonder if we just need to wait until we get mythic/heroic HFC gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    And it's only the first tier of the expansion, so Mage soloing is going to be better and better as time passes, assuming Leech is not capped.
    I'm not sure Leech will actually survive that long. There are certain things you can do with it similar to the immortal shaman glitch, but harder to fix.

Some might consider such uses "unnatural".
    SKIP TANAAN JUNGLE - AMAZING EASTER EGG!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61XZibMrrfk