Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Why not just play Fire on everything at your ilevel?
    Because Fire DPS output is not even remotely close to Arcane in single target ?

Deleted
    Istn fire better on ST too above 700 something ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    Istn fire better on ST too above 700 something ilvl?
    Assuming you can to the double Ignite spread via PC, yes. You can't on lower level content, aka everything level 90 and under. Spreading just does nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Assuming you can to the double Ignite spread via PC, yes. You can't on lower level content, aka everything level 90 and under. Spreading just does nothing.
    Ahh yes ofc. Silly me :<

Sha of Pride : 60% at best, then Prison. BRB reroll Hunter for 150k dps.

- - - Updated - - -

LFR Blackfuse down
    LFR Paragons down
    LFR Garrosh @ 14% (last phase) but MC comes too soon

Update : 7%, cmon crit !

- - - Updated - - -

Update 2 : I got bored and left. Garrosh is definitely doable, and so are probably all LFR bosses except Galakras due to tower mechanic.

However, I don't think we should count LFR kills as real solos, because of Determination (+50% damage, +50% health and +50% healing @ 10 stacks), reduced boss health and reduced boss damage. The gap between LFR and Normal is insane, I don't think we'll be able to kill Paragons before being fully HFC mythic geared.
    Garrosh has no MC in LFR if you're by yourself. So long as you don't spec frost for the pet then you should be good. Although I'm not sure if it counts MI's and will MC you, or not.

Honestly the hardest part for me anyway in lfr was the trash before blackfuse. Tons of adds healing each other, and unlike other wings you can't slowly whittle them down. It's all or nothing, or they respawn.
    Last edited by Invisibelf; 2015-06-17 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibelf View Post
    Garrosh has no MC in LFR if you're by yourself. So long as you don't spec frost for the pet then you should be good. Although I'm not sure if it counts MI's and will MC you, or not.

Honestly the hardest part for me anyway in lfr was the trash before blackfuse. Tons of adds healing each other, and unlike other wings you can't slowly whittle them down. It's all or nothing, or they respawn.
    Ahem.

You have to be an actual tank to not get MCed, being alone is not enough.

So my mage is 645 now and I'll fully gear her once 6.2 comes out on Tuesday, but how much gear/leech would I need for MSV and the first 6 in ToT (assuming sub-par play)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrithiavia View Post
    So my mage is 645 now and I'll fully gear her once 6.2 comes out on Tuesday, but how much gear/leech would I need for MSV and the first 6 in ToT (assuming sub-par play)?
    MSV is accessible at low ilvl (in 10 Normal), being Heroic geared (680+) is enough. I would suggest 5% Leech to be completely fine with "sub-par play".
    ToT should be OK with the same kind of gear, except Horridon which requires (atm) really good gear, like 695+.

In other news, probably the last Mage solo until 6.2 :

Norushen Normal

Enjoy

Nice to know about the Prismatic Crystal Ignite spread not working on low level content, thanks!

Did you ever try Iron Juggernaut? If you use a demolisher you're out of range of Ignite Armor/laser cutting, and maybe the rest could be outhealed with substantial Leech? It has 10.4M health as I recall.

[Hotfix in testing] Mark of Supreme Doom now has Intellect in addition to Agility and Strength, and is obtainable and usable by all classes. Additionally, we've increased the amount of Avoidance, Speed, and Leech by 75%.
    Aaaaand added on the list of "items I really need but will never actually get"

Aaaaand added on the list of "items I really need but will never actually get"
    Hopefully RNG will be on your side for kazzak.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage128 View Post
    Hopefully RNG will be on your side for kazzak.
    Well.

Edit : Avoidance capped with 1 single item, not bad

10+ Year Old Account
    So, getting my mage to 697, but no HFC tier pcs.. I was able to kill asani ( Heroic Protectors) but couldn't finish the deed. I tried as both fire and frost. I admit that I just don't understand arcane enough to try soloing... and would rather stick to what I know.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

I'm having trouble with Beth'tilac in Firelands on 25 heroic, When ever I get her low, she goes down and I get perma stunned. I've been looking around for advice, but I can't seem to find any for mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    I'm having trouble with Beth'tilac in Firelands on 25 heroic, When ever I get her low, she goes down and I get perma stunned. I've been looking around for advice, but I can't seem to find any for mages.
    Can you pop mirror image at this point so she uses it on someone else (or they can finish her while youre stunned), cube out of it, use the pvp trinket to get out of it, etc? Does greater invis drop the debuff from you, assuming it works as a debuff? Can you blink out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Can you pop mirror image at this point so she uses it on someone else (or they can finish her while youre stunned), cube out of it, use the pvp trinket to get out of it, etc? Does greater invis drop the debuff from you, assuming it works as a debuff? Can you blink out of it?
    No it's a stunlock loop that last until I die, ice block/ trinket do break it, but I'm immediately stunned afterwards. I'll try mirror image, but when ever she gets to that point she heals alot, sometime even to 70% hp.

It would be the easiest if you have frost, since the water elemental can finish her off easily. If you have fire, the remaining ignite should do the trick too. This should cover it assuming you have dual specializations. You should, anyway.
    You can also risk Ice Blocking, cancelling and hitting barrage right away as arcane or saving arcane missiles to hit her one last time as she drops down to the ground. The missiles might hit her after she's down, thus killing her while you're stunned. Either don't work all that well, though.
    There are also certain trinkets that calls pets which you can use as well. I don't keep a list, so you'll need to look yourself.

However, all this assumes your DPS is high enough that Beth is at 1 hp during her last phase on the ground. Failing all that, you can try alternating hitting Beth and going down to clear the area of Spinners, since they don't start stunning you with their webs right away.

Failing THAT, you can try doing this on normal.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-08-01 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    It would be the easiest if you have frost, since the water elemental can finish her off easily. If you have fire, the remaining ignite should do the trick too. This should cover it assuming you have dual specializations. You should, anyway.
    You can also risk Ice Blocking, cancelling and hitting barrage right away as arcane or saving arcane missiles to hit her one last time as she drops down to the ground. The missiles might hit her after she's down, thus killing her while you're stunned. Either don't work all that well, though.
    There are also certain trinkets that calls pets which you can use as well. I don't keep a list, so you'll need to look yourself.

However, all this assumes your DPS is high enough that Beth is at 1 hp during her last phase on the ground. Failing all that, you can try alternating hitting Beth and going down to clear the area of Spinners, since they don't start stunning you with their webs right away.

Failing THAT, you can try doing this on normal.
    I tried frost hoping that the pet would kill her since she wast at 1hp, but she healed before the pet could land a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    I tried frost hoping that the pet would kill her since she wast at 1hp, but she healed before the pet could land a hit.
    Shouldn't you get her to 1hp before she jumps down? Pop a Ice Nova, Supernova or whatever spec you're going for once she is down again. You can iceblock the first "wave" of stuns and score the kill.

I've never had any problems with it as any spec, but I'd suggest Fire. The DoTs will tick and kill her.