Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Actually, tangentially related - it seems that for a fight you can either pop runes and turret as arcane or kite as fire, though kiting seems to result in much lower dps (or I suck too much as fire) How do you decide the way in which you'll approach each new fight? Some general principles or just try both?
    From your videos it seemed that you favor going kiting except in cases where it doesn't help mitigating damage (i.e. Gara'jal and his shadow minions), but I don't like fire that much and wondered if kiting is the only way to go.
    I usually try the turret first, because it yields quick results : either the boss dies or you do. Either way, you quickly know if you may be able to kill the boss this way or not.
    Arcane currently being the top DPS Mage spec, so that's the one I try first, on single target fights obviously. On multiple target fights (council, protectors, stone guards, paragons, etc) I go straight to Fire.
    And when turreting does not work (your Gara'jal example is great, he hits like a truck) I try kiting. Fire is a really good spec for this, the +30% MS from Scorch alone is godlike, only toned down by the laughable damage Scorch does since WoD.

  2. #322
    Why not just play Fire on everything at your ilevel?

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Why not just play Fire on everything at your ilevel?
    Because Fire DPS output is not even remotely close to Arcane in single target ?

  4. #324
    Istn fire better on ST too above 700 something ilvl?
    http://fujione.deviantart.com/ - My work.

    .::|Offical member of the "Rerolling tank in Cataclysm" club|::.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    Istn fire better on ST too above 700 something ilvl?
    Assuming you can to the double Ignite spread via PC, yes. You can't on lower level content, aka everything level 90 and under. Spreading just does nothing.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Assuming you can to the double Ignite spread via PC, yes. You can't on lower level content, aka everything level 90 and under. Spreading just does nothing.
    Ahh yes ofc. Silly me :<
    http://fujione.deviantart.com/ - My work.

    .::|Offical member of the "Rerolling tank in Cataclysm" club|::.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Sha of Pride : 60% at best, then Prison. BRB reroll Hunter for 150k dps.

    - - - Updated - - -

    LFR Blackfuse down
    LFR Paragons down
    LFR Garrosh @ 14% (last phase) but MC comes too soon

    Update : 7%, cmon crit !

    - - - Updated - - -

    Update 2 : I got bored and left. Garrosh is definitely doable, and so are probably all LFR bosses except Galakras due to tower mechanic.

    However, I don't think we should count LFR kills as real solos, because of Determination (+50% damage, +50% health and +50% healing @ 10 stacks), reduced boss health and reduced boss damage. The gap between LFR and Normal is insane, I don't think we'll be able to kill Paragons before being fully HFC mythic geared.
    Garrosh has no MC in LFR if you're by yourself. So long as you don't spec frost for the pet then you should be good. Although I'm not sure if it counts MI's and will MC you, or not.

    Honestly the hardest part for me anyway in lfr was the trash before blackfuse. Tons of adds healing each other, and unlike other wings you can't slowly whittle them down. It's all or nothing, or they respawn.
    Last edited by Invisibelf; 2015-06-17 at 06:13 PM.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisibelf View Post
    Garrosh has no MC in LFR if you're by yourself. So long as you don't spec frost for the pet then you should be good. Although I'm not sure if it counts MI's and will MC you, or not.

    Honestly the hardest part for me anyway in lfr was the trash before blackfuse. Tons of adds healing each other, and unlike other wings you can't slowly whittle them down. It's all or nothing, or they respawn.
    Ahem.



    You have to be an actual tank to not get MCed, being alone is not enough.

  9. #329
    So my mage is 645 now and I'll fully gear her once 6.2 comes out on Tuesday, but how much gear/leech would I need for MSV and the first 6 in ToT (assuming sub-par play)?

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrithiavia View Post
    So my mage is 645 now and I'll fully gear her once 6.2 comes out on Tuesday, but how much gear/leech would I need for MSV and the first 6 in ToT (assuming sub-par play)?
    MSV is accessible at low ilvl (in 10 Normal), being Heroic geared (680+) is enough. I would suggest 5% Leech to be completely fine with "sub-par play".
    ToT should be OK with the same kind of gear, except Horridon which requires (atm) really good gear, like 695+.

    In other news, probably the last Mage solo until 6.2 :

    Norushen Normal



    Enjoy

  11. #331
    Nice to know about the Prismatic Crystal Ignite spread not working on low level content, thanks!

    Did you ever try Iron Juggernaut? If you use a demolisher you're out of range of Ignite Armor/laser cutting, and maybe the rest could be outhealed with substantial Leech? It has 10.4M health as I recall.

  12. #332
    [Hotfix in testing] Mark of Supreme Doom now has Intellect in addition to Agility and Strength, and is obtainable and usable by all classes. Additionally, we've increased the amount of Avoidance, Speed, and Leech by 75%.
    Aaaaand added on the list of "items I really need but will never actually get"

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Aaaaand added on the list of "items I really need but will never actually get"
    Hopefully RNG will be on your side for kazzak.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage128 View Post
    Hopefully RNG will be on your side for kazzak.
    Well.



    Edit : Avoidance capped with 1 single item, not bad

  15. #335
    So, getting my mage to 697, but no HFC tier pcs.. I was able to kill asani ( Heroic Protectors) but couldn't finish the deed. I tried as both fire and frost. I admit that I just don't understand arcane enough to try soloing... and would rather stick to what I know.
    "I loved MoP but I think we overestimated how many people loved Pandaren."
    - Gregg "Ghostcrawler" Street

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •