Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I tried Frost and Arcane for Jin'rokh 25 HC, but all the "clever" strategies I tried never got me much further than 50%.

And then I turned my brain off, and remembered that I am an Arcane mage, and that current Arcane spec is nothing but a cooldown stacking, RNG relying, 100% proc dependant monster.

A few pulls to get the right procs and boom, gimme some 932k Arcane Blast crits and 230k Leech ticks baby :

Jin'rokh 25 Heroic

And as much as I hate PC and the current Arcane meta (Prophecy of Fear, I hate you), I am sure that at some point during Legion, I am going to miss this.

On a not-so-unrelated note, I got a few pulls of Kargath NM and got him to 40% using the same Arcane nuke strategy. I do not deem him impossible yet, but the damage output is crazy and the survival is limited. I tried Fire with a full Leech build but it doesn't work at all.

Also isaac, awesome job at Twins 25 and please kill Paragons, I hate this boss SoO much

Finally, bowchikabow suggested a few pages ago that we could do a "speedrun leaderboard" for Mage soloing. I am not personally a fan of this idea for several reasons, so I will not handle this task should it become reality. My reasoning is that WoW is not a good speerunning game, because there are too much parameters to take into account (gear being the top one), much like regular soloing where luck plays a huge part too.

Also, pre-MoP content would be completely uninteresting to record, because every boss gets oneshotted (0.28s kill, new record ! Record was 0.30s), so that leaves us with just 3 raids to work with, with many bosses still on the hard side (end SoO especially).

So, should the project be concretized, I would be happy to see the result and maybe compete, but because of these reasons I won't assume this task myself.

......damned it! I'm wrong again. Is the DPS difference between 740 and 745 truly so large?

On the subject of Highmaul, I feel that Brackenspore might not be as impossible as we previously think. With Frost, leech and the DPS bonus from burning boss, it might be doable before Legion. Butcher, obviously, would be in a similar position with Kargath, if not easier.

On another note, tried both Megaera and Twins 25H. Elemental dies too fast to reliably tank a head - you can move it in before it is going to breath, but ultimately the damage is more than I could heal, even without another tank debuff. As for Twins, the damage from Lu'lin's Cosmic Barrages is actually pretty astonishing. At 740 the best I could do is to reach Suen (3:00 mark) almost dead, so I didn't try any further. The original idea is to use the Ice Comets (60% Fire damage reduction and only 10% haste reduction on heroic) to survive that phase, but I'm wondering if it can work at all. Of course, even if Day phase is easier, at 18M per Consort you might still reach the Twilight phase, which is probably a death sentence.

Ultimately, MoSD is a very interesting item that provided us with a lot of kills (and thank Polarthief for bring that to everyone's attention), but this is probably about it before 4/4, prepatch or Legion.

(......of course, I fully expect someone to prove that statement wrong, and probably quickly.)
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't that Jin'rokh kill done with 739 gear?

In any case, I'm extremely skeptical of Brackenspore being doable as Frost; the damage intake is extremely high, much higher than Kargath for example. Necrotic Breath reduces your healing by 99%, and the boss melees during it, so surviving that is entirely out of the question, and I'd be impressed if you could even reach that point as Frost. It has 31M health, as well, so the only "viable" possibility is trying to burst it as Arcane with a lot of Burning Infusion stacks, but I'm almost positive the boss would kill you long before you got to that point.

Butcher is out of the question because there's no way to deal with Gushing Wounds stacks when alone, so you'll die as soon as you reach 6.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2016-03-31 at 01:19 PM.

......ah, it is 739. Although I don't understand why he'd use items at that ilvl rather than his highest (745). I at least assume he used a mythic pair of trinkets, as opposed to my heroic pair.

Brackenspore and Butcher - yes, long shots. It MIGHT, though. Well, by that I mean I want to see other people try it because I don't want to try something that's so likely to fail. I'm personally not sure if going Frost or Arcane is better. Probably equally bad.
    Although if anyone's trying Butcher, I'd expect it to die before the stacks go to 6, since 23M isn't entirely out of the question as Arcane if Blizzard at some point changes its mind about 4/4 upgrades. If.
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

I had to have Leech for this kill (being in pool means taking huge damage), and it lowers my ilvl by a lot (me no lucky with MM Leech procs) so yeah the kill was 739, but I still had both Archimonde and Mannoroth MWF trinkets, which makes a big difference.

Also, I don't think Butcher will be doable before legion, just because he deals massive damage to the tank. Brackenspore, maybe, but if we cannot even do Kargath I wouldn't bother to try it.

Also, 4/4 upgrades were officialy disproved by Blizzard, even though they did it in late MoP.

Brackenspore is an interesting thought for sure, some of the leech heals you'd get would be impressive with proper fire management, and the fight would be over kind of quickly with that nice dmg buff stacked with offensive cd's.

Your main problem would be the tank adds probably, i'd be surprised if it could be fully soloed but i could see some decent prog on it happening.

Well, this is slightly embarrassing, but here's the (most of the) rest of those heroic dungeon kills:

Heroic Grimrail

The only real roadblock is Nitrogg Thundertower. Apparently, using the turret closest to the starting point lets you stay away from the Focus Fire bullets. Kill the first few adds, then use turret to kill everything.

Heroic Iron Dock

Nothing much to say, really. Also, only noticed now that I forgot to took Oshir's screenshot. I'm sure there are people who already did it on mythic anyway.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-04-02 at 10:42 AM.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13397...rs-final-stand

good news for legion heh. nothing is guranteed but they surely aren't worried about giving non-tank classes some nice self heals from these things. here's some other non-mage ones.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13244...cs-magnum-opus (mage could use this as well whenever it can actually work, on 2nd thought, should always work with ice block)

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13246...f-shaladrassil (hunter...)
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13706...rs-voodoo-mask (a REALLY ridiculous hunter one, will see how this one plays out lol)

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137069/valeeras-will (rogue)

and i have to mention this one sorry cause im hyped about DH tanks.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13885...trayers-prison (might see some other specs get some leech ones involved)
    Last edited by enak101; 2016-04-13 at 01:02 AM.

That's what Cauterizing Blink should be. Wow. It's made a lot worse that it has to use a chest piece slot. Hoping it at least stacks twice with Shimmer.

Those non-Mage healing ones are just ridiculous though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

A short question: Araitik mentioned earlier that he got Kargath down to ~30%. Did you used some method to bypass Impales? I could never survive past the 2nd.

PS: Since I'm not getting a kill yet I think I'll post now: I've been trying Horridon 25H for a while - basically, go Frost and let your Water Elemental tank Horridon. Be very careful to not touch Horridon yourself, tank it somewhere that is outside the range of UM and Splitting Ice, maybe use Water Jet to grab aggro every time you re-summon your elemental (with the glyph, your elemental will just barely survive until the next summoning. Do not let any other add touch it, or it dies much sooner and it's a wipe.) After closing all 4 gates, nuke Horridon. With MoSD this strategy works on 25N and I've gone as far as Amani on 25H, but there are just too many little ways in which the situation can go out of control. At ~745 it should be much easier to execute.

PPS: For Kargath and Impale, I tried summoning 2pieceT18 just before and then Ice Blocking, but Impale still went on me. One time I double-blinked and Impale didn't even happen, with Kargath just standing there for the duration of the channel, but I couldn't replicate it. It was suggested to me to summon image and then Greater Invis just as Impale goes out, but not sure if that would work.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-04-20 at 10:26 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can mark Wind Lord 25H as done; it's quite easy as Arcane (did it on my main and my 724 alt, the alt used the multistrike exploit however). The boss died to the ring explosion and I was doing ~4-5M DPS, which was pretty fun!

Legion might be a few months from release, there are still bosses to kill !

Horridon 25 Heroic

Enjoy

Finally! Now I don't have to try having my Elemental tank Horridon anymore. That was so very frustrating.
    Grats and looking forwards to anything else you can pull off.

Actually, on second thought: where on hell did you get 23.27% leech?
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-05-17 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Finally! Now I don't have to try having my Elemental tank Horridon anymore. That was so very frustrating.
    Grats and looking forwards to anything else you can pull off.

Actually, on second thought: where on hell did you get 23.27% leech?
    I gathered many pieces of equipment with Leech over the last months of raiding. None of it is optimal, but it gets the job done

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone do mythic Xeri'tac? It'd be really convenient to solo it for the trinket rather than drag a group through that boss.

Holy shit Araitik.

And so, alongside removing the respec cost, that same upcoming build will also restrict the ability to change talents when away from a safe area (defined as an area that provides the Rested state). We currently plan to give Scribes a recipe to craft a consumable Tome that can be dropped in order to allow all nearby players to retalent freely for a time - particularly useful for group play.
    RIP Mage soloing without spending a small fortune.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    RIP Mage soloing without spending a small fortune.
    Since most of our soloing capabilities lies in artifact traits and items, not so much. We will take Cold Snap (the new passive) all time anyway, so I don't see a major increase in soloing cost. At least, no more than right now

- - - Updated - - -

Damn ...

I thought it would be a piece of cake after P1, but turns out 100 stacks of Rolling Fury REALLY hurts. 97k Earthshaking Collision

That was my first P2 though, don't abandon all hope yet !

Edit : turns out you might not need MI to survive P1

- - - Updated - - -

Edit 2 : NOW we're talking !

- - - Updated - - -

HAHAHAHAHA.

I GOT LEECH. I AM INVINCIBLE !

Last edited by Araitik; 2016-05-17 at 08:46 PM.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to miss all my leech gear going into Legion.

I promised to not let this one to Warlocks only

Oregorger Normal

Last edited by Araitik; 2016-05-18 at 12:33 AM.