Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Another one bites the dust !

Yes, this is Mythic. Extremely close kill as you can see, Prydaz + Belo'vir's mandatory.

I tried last week with Celumbra, but it's disappointing in solo, only doing heal mostly equal to Blazing Barrier, which is 1/3rd of what Prydaz outputs.
    I looted Prydaz a few days ago and was able to obtain a quick kill of BH, in less than 20 pulls.

Grats!
    Now I'm glad I didn't try this week with Belt/Ring, since I must have grossly underestimated the HPS requirement.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Grats!
    Now I'm glad I didn't try this week with Belt/Ring, since I must have grossly underestimated the HPS requirement.
    Blackhand hits harder than Archimonde due to the Impale debuffs that never wears off and, more generally, the relentlessness of the fight.

Here's the video !

Mythic Blackhand

Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Tried Nythendra for fun, even with 250k HPS I can't survive, she hits for 600k average and runs faster than I can kite.

Probably possible to survive until first transition, but not to kill.

600k does sound very daunting; maybe going Frost with Glacial Insulation and ToS healer trinkets? I'm starting to think stacking armor is also a valid way to go for soloing some bosses.

PS: Mythic Zakuun's certainly doable, especially on live, at least if you are >915 in Frost. Using Unbending Potion for 30% enrage worked quite well, but I didn't have the DPS to finish him in 25 seconds. Best try was ~10% on 910.

PPS: Killed Mythic Zakuun, although I used T20 4set normal and a tank trinket; not sure how much Frost is nerfed by through the IV change, so it might or might not be easy on live. I think I was 911 ilvl, 52 traits, Neck/Chest. As far as I can tell, using that trinket and T20 helped in that 1) I can survive an intermission without dying (well, you can without any tank trinket, but if Zakuun crits you're going to die) or using an Ice Block, so that I can save an Ice Block Charge for 3rd Cleave and 2) I can save Time Warp for <30% without running out of Cleave-avoiders, which might not have been possible without the DPS gain through 4set (or through un-nerfed IV).

Or maybe I could have used my existing gear, survived one intermission out of luck and killed boss by saving Time Warp <30% (never tried that strat before, for some reason.) It's pretty unlikely though and I'm not spending an hour to find out if that's possible. Somewhat close kill, in that I would have died in ~15 more seconds.

Also, used Unbending Potion at the start of <30%. Helped survivability a lot.

PPPS: Tried Mythic Socrethar - pretty hopeful, as long as you manage killing adds and using Ice Blocks for Reverberating Blows right, best pull was Soul 40%, died on third P1. I'm confident that a really good/geared Frost mage can clear out the entire Upper Citadel before ToS, but we might simply never know.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-06-01 at 12:04 PM.
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Finally got Belo'vir's Last Stand.

All bosses done with 910 ilvl, 52 traits, Chest/Ring, 4% Leech (this is live server - for some reason HFC is the only WoD raid accessible on PTR.)

Mythic Blackrock Foundry 7/10:

Hans'gar and Franzok: It's surprisingly RNG - and I'm not talking about the Suplex. My personal recommendations are:

100%-85%: nothing important happens and there is no need to use anything except for your 1st potion before pulling.

85%-55%: harder than the earlier phase, but not too hard. The main killer here is Body Slam, which gives you a debuff that increases physical damage taken by 30%. Hans/Franz does 4 of these in a row, but 1) it might target your Water Elemental and 2) if you blink away it wouldn't hit you at all. Keep in mind that the phase will not end until they reach 70% (and that the next phase will not begin until 55%.) Also, some areas prevent successful blinking (in practice, you can only blink along the strips besides the conveyor belts.) No need to use cooldowns either, although you want to end this phase in two Body Slam series. Use Ice Block to clear debuff (generally, if you are reaching 2 you should clear it. If you are at 4 you are going to die.)

55%-15%: As soon as the second Suplex is over, Time Warp, IV, potion, transition the boss as fast as possible out of the stamping phase (40%). If you have recently offended RNG, you might find a stamper going down on where you are right as the phase start while having no blink charge. Stampers, along with Body Slams, are the major killers here. 40% to 15% is a lot easier but you'll still need to watch out for Body Slams

>15%: 2nd and last Stamper phase. Pray to RNG that Body Slams hit your Water Elemental and that your Blinks do not mess up.

Note: Bosses seem to reset if you are in Ice Block while they are acquiring a target for Suplex, so just cancel it as soon as the entire Body Slam combo is over. Ideally you should only use Ice Block for the Body Slams during Stamper phases.
    Note 2: If your Water Elemental is too close (~10 yards) to you, you will also get hit by Body Slams that targeted it. Always put it somewhere far from you, like the center of the area.

Flamebender Ka'graz: Nothing important. Try save a Frozen Orb for the wolves - I didn't and almost messed it up. If you somehow reach it past Flamestorm, use Water Elemental to de-stack, but otherwise feel free to do as Fire.

Kromog: Nothing important; feel free to do as Fire.

Gruul: Being Frost and having Mirror Image is very useful on this fight. My personal recommendations are:
    1st-3rd Slice: Tank it yourself. Use everything on pull.
    4th-8th Slice: Use Mirror Image right before 4th Slice and blink away. For the next 40 seconds, Gruul will fight either your Images or your Water Elemental, although for some reason he seem to alternate between the two.
    9-10th Slice: Tank them again.
    11-12th Slice: Ice Block right before 11th Slice. For the next two Slices Gruul will hit your Water Elemental (remember to resummon it beforehand to heal it back to full.)
    Destructive Rampage: Dodging is priority.
    13-14th Slice: Ice Block them again.
    15th Slice+: Your Mirror Image CD should be ready. Boss should be dead before 19th Slice (if not, you might want to tank 13-14th Slice yourself; theoretically you can sustain this all the way to maybe the 34th Slice, but I doubt you'll have the HPS to survive to begin with if you need to take that long.)

Operator Thogar: For some reason, Enkindle has a rather short range. Move your Water Elemental as far as you can and de-stack at 3-4 stacks by using Ice Block with ~15 seconds remaining on your debuff. Blink once or twice if necessary. Otherwise, dodge trains.

I gave Iron Maiden around ~40 pulls - probably doable, but you'd need great skill/gear. Using Araitik's strategy, I was able to kill both Maidens on land, but the best I got was getting onto the ship before enrage killed me. Might be possible to just burst one maiden down to 20% on pull, but I doubt that's survivable.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-06-03 at 06:12 PM.

Very very nice kills, I'm really impressed ! Frost spec definitely has huge potential, I tried Gruul a couple times as Fire and couldn't go lower than 30% due to stacking Slices too high, even with MI.

On a sidenote, I attempted Normal Chronomatic Anomaly, but I couldn't get past 80%. Transition phases cannot be survived after 25 stacks, boss runs slowly but still faster than me at 5 stacks of Scorched Earth (Scorch speed buff) + Frenetic Speed, hits for 700k, and stacks a nice debuff on me.
    With ToS gear it will be doable without a doubt, but right now i'd need a ton more Leech to deal with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Very very nice kills, I'm really impressed ! Frost spec definitely has huge potential, I tried Gruul a couple times as Fire and couldn't go lower than 30% due to stacking Slices too high, even with MI.

On a sidenote, I attempted Normal Chronomatic Anomaly, but I couldn't get past 80%. Transition phases cannot be survived after 25 stacks, boss runs slowly but still faster than me at 5 stacks of Scorched Earth (Scorch speed buff) + Frenetic Speed, hits for 700k, and stacks a nice debuff on me.
    With ToS gear it will be doable without a doubt, but right now i'd need a ton more Leech to deal with this guy.
    Have you considered using Skystep Potions? It sounds like you might not survive the boss either way, but potion with double blink should prevent you from dying to debuffs, at least. You might even want to drink a Skystep before pulling just so that you can minimize health loss.

Actually, why did you need to kite anyway? Is boss completely unsurvivable while not channeling or is debuff a problem? If it's just the non-channeling phase damage, you might want Unbending Potion/Mark of the Heavy Hide/Darkmoon: Immortality?

PS: maybe stack Avoidance? If you have any, that is. Should only take 3 to reach 20%.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-06-04 at 07:25 AM.

Well! Corroborating Araitik's account, I couldn't get Anomaly past 80% either (frankly it's more of 85%). As Frost, use Skystep before pull, kite boss around, have Water Elemental stand still and Water Jet for aggro after skystep wears off, Ice Block, run while pet dies, re-summon, run away again while keeping pet far away, Ice Block again, should be channeling. You'll have to break it at <30 stacks. Then, since Cold Snap isn't back up yet, you can't kite and die.

Frankly I have no idea how to kite this as Fire. And I did this with 19% Avoidance, 2% Leech and vantus rune!
    It will be very, very embarrassing if it turns out Araitik didn't need any Avoidance at all to reach ~80%.

I'll try LFR Anomaly later - totally cheating, but I bought two vantus runes, so might as well.
    (Could also try various HFC bosses/Maidens, but with ToS so soon I don't see any point.)

PS: don't tell me you used a speed set with Celumbra/Sephuz/etc? You'll probably just need 3 items (15% bonus MS) to be as fast as the boss on normal speed. Not quite sure how THAT would work on Fast/Slow.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-06-09 at 06:54 PM.

I had 0 Avoidance and a mere 531 Sspeed for my 80% attempt

Kiting it as fire sounds way easier than what you must do as Frost : just keep Frenetic Speed up by casting Scorch a lot and Blink whenever.
    The most difficult part of the solo is lining up the boss with the Waning Time Particle just in time for Power Overwhelming. This is extremely annoying to do, because tanking for even 2 seconds can result in your death. And if you can't do it, you lose a ton of DPS.

Here is my (totally approximative) estimation for what's needed to solo this guy :

- 20% Avoidance
    - 15% Leech
    - Enough Speed so that it can't reach you, Blink included. 15% sounds about good.

Interesting note : Mark of the Ancient Priestess can proc off Cauterizing Blink (but not Leech afaik). It can also crit for ~500k direct healing, which is always nice.
    I don't know if it is more valuable than Mark of the Heavy Hide, but it's always nice knowing. After all, that's basically how I soloed Valithria Dreamwalker three years ago

Here is my best attempt, for future reference and discussion (no sound)

Edit : oh yeah also, the boss runs at the same speed no matter the time phase he's in, but you are slower. So a lot more Speed is required, which means that basically you need to have 100% of your gear with either Leech, Avoidance, or Speed. Or we need to figure something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Update : I am currently giving normal CA another go.

My current build is this :

12.43% Leech
    109.17% base movement speed (~1000 Speed)
    0 Avoidance (I would need to sacrifice Speed)
    Prydaz / Belo'vir's, 912 total Ilvl. I tried Celumbra, but it's useless.

I made it to second transition, but the boss effectively moves just as fast in Slow mode, but I don't. I died while dunking the boss the second time.
    My current strategy is to ignore little adds and go for the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Update 2 : 73%, second transition survived.

Fast mode is fun, with full movement speed I am so much faster than the boss I could end up LoSing him around the pillar.

Also, leaving adds casting Warp Nightwell for too long is not a good idea.
    Also, bathing in Temporal Orbs is not a good idea.

Mark of the Ancient Priestess is 4% of my HPS, which is basically the same as Hidden Satyr for DPS. Trading DPS for HPS seems a fair trade in soloing, especially for Mages. I'll stick with it for now.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2017-06-10 at 01:11 AM.

Ah, I think I see - you used Prydaz, whereas I used Celumbra - that would have helped surviving until channeling immensely (why did you call Celumbra useless anyway? It's 10% bonus MS during non-channeling and 30% each 30 seconds - theoretically 5% better than Prydaz. Yes, an absorb is much more useful but I don't have the neck.)

That Mark of the Ancient Priestess is also pretty interesting - I thought the proc rate was much lower! I'll consider using that on non-physical damage bosses.

If the kiting problem is solved, the next question is: are we doing enough DPS to actually kill the boss? I mean, there are only 4 channel phases and we don't seem to even at least do 25% of its health as damage.

(Also, how close are you? Just want to know if I should try with my ~2000 speed rating set or not, being rather busy this weekend.)

PS: It's entirely possible that Arcane is actually best for this, what with Displacement (more Blinks), Chrono Shift (just 5% less than Scorch), Mana Shield (Prismatic Barrier has 15% magical DR, although I'm not sure if that's for the entire hit for just the part of the hit absorbed by the shield.)

EDIT: Well, with a 1900 Speed rating set I can barely not get hit on Slow, smoothly get no hits on Normal, and not sure on quick because I always ended up dead before I can kill all adds and grab the vortex on 2nd channel. I'll admit, Celumbra's MS bonus isn't that helpful and tanking everything is a lot harder without Prydaz's absorb shield. Probably not possible without the neck (and I'm not getting it until probably at least a month /shrug.) Besides, if I go all Speed then I only have 7% Avoidance and 0% Leech, so it was pretty unlikely in the first place.

Unless Araitik magic'ed up a complete set of tertiary epics I don't think this boss is going down before ToS. Partly because, as I said a few hours ago, we don't have the DPS to break at 25 stacks AND kill boss in 4 channels.
    (As a side note, I'll probably wait until I'm at least fully in ToS gear before mopping up WoD/start on Legion.)
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-06-10 at 01:54 PM.

No actual new kills, but I figured that I'd post something about ToS trinkets (in part because I've done these calculations so many times it's annoying to not put them down somewhere.)
    (Note: all numbers are Normal baselines without upgrading. They are tried today on PTR with the help of the Flaskataurs - for some reason while Character Copy is down the characters you copied during ToS PTR weren't deleted, yet.)

So, Tomb of Sargeras gave everyone some pretty nifty trinkets. The good news is that the healer/tank ones aren't half bad. The bad news is that they are all nerfed by 50% if not more when using them as a DPS. Still, the end result is not entirely unusable, as I will show below.

Goroth - Feverish Carapace: You should really use Immortality instead if you want bonus armor. The RPPM wasn't great although I've no idea if it's the official 1.5 or lower.

Demonic Inquisition - Barbaric Mindslaver: Pretty seriously nerfed. It can proc off Cauterizing Blink (but probably won't proc off absorbs, sorry Frost/Arcane mains), although the RPPM when used at 20%-40% is around 4.5, much lower than the 12 it is supposedly for a healer at that low mana level.
    On the few pulls I did with it on Mythic Mannoroth it gave me around 20k HPS. Not great but not too bad, especially considering that it also works as an INT stick.

Mistress Sassz'ine - Leviathan's Hunger: Roughly 13.3k HPS (and a third of that in DPS.) Don't see too much use for this, especially when Archive of Faith can do the on-demand heal job better.

The Desolate Host - Reliquary of the Damned: Assuming you absorb the shield fully within the duration and reduce the CD to 2 minutes, it yields 18.5k HPS (assuming you are Fire and uses both Chest and Neck.) Useful when you need on-demand absorbs.

Maiden of Vigilance - Recomplied Guardian Module: From my testing it's roughly 7.6k HPS, heals and shields take together. Pretty bad.

Fallen Avatar - Archive of Faith: 22k HPS. The simplest and most direct healing trinket you can get.

Kil'jaeden - The Deceiver's Grand Design: Assuming you 1) manage to proc the shields just as the effect is about to end and 2) otherwise keep your health above 35%, this yields 30k HPS, the highest you'll get in ToS. Might be bad on some fights where your health level simply jumps around too much.

So a basic comparison gives us:
    Module: 7.6k
    Leviathan: 13.3k
    Reliquary: 18.5k
    Mindslaver: 20k
    Archive: 22k
    Grand Design: 30k

.....which, honestly, isn't very impressive when you consider that:
    Cauterizing Blink/Belo'vir's: 53.3k (at 4M health)
    Prydaz: 33.3k (at 4M health)
    2% Leech: 20k (at 1M DPS)

So yeah, this is mostly for people who want to solo but just can't get any Leech item to drop. Like me.
    Besides, being raid trinkets, chances are you'll get a few Heroic level ones at the end of the tier when everything turns into Chaos Crystals, especially if you play with a fixed team.

PS: Fire mages at least can proc Chalice of Moonlight, but I've no idea how high the actual RPPM is.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-06-22 at 05:55 PM.

Was bored so did Maidens. Just about doable at my current ilvl (923, 0% leech, 57 traits, Chest/Belt) follow Araitik's strategy; was less than 5 seconds from enrage when I finished ship add and sabotaged the ammo. Marak actually hits hard so be careful not to die at the very end.

As for Furnace......

It's a work in progress. It's not hard to survive up to p3 with some leech (I had 6%), but enraged boss is untankable (killed me in about 3 seconds, doing 800k each blow.) You'd need to kill all 4 elementalist before enrage happens, which would need a lot of DPS (although I'm really not sure exactly how much.)
    Or maybe I just need to optimize the talents - I used full AoE build but maybe that wasn't a good idea since much of that would be padding.
    Chest/Ring, 918 ilvl (You actually start to run out of mana by the end since the haste is just so constantly high.)

Also, tried one or two EN bosses. Ursoc sadly is not kitable, even with full speed set. Nythendra would need a lot of armor/Intellect or a lot of leech, so probably end of Mythic ToS? At any rate, I'm reasonably confident that we'd see an Anomaly kill this tier but probably not any other until Argus.

EDIT: I think you have exactly 13 minutes on Mythic Blast Furnace from start to end before boss enrages. I typically spent 3 minutes in p1 and then the rest in p2 (took around 10 minutes to kill the first two elementals and then another 5 minutes to kill the other two.)

EDIT2: On second thoughts it's probably entirely unnecessary to use Belo'vir's, since you'd never die before enrage and you're sure to die after enrage. Helm/Trinket or Helm/Sephuz's seem to be the winning choice. With that combo this boss should be doable at the end of Mythic ToS (or possibly earlier?)
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-07-09 at 09:04 AM.

I just skimmed through this and checked the spreadsheet, I didn't find a butcher mythic kill yet - maybe I overlooked it. Well, now you can just burst him down as arcane - no leech or anything required.

No, that sounds about right - everyone seemed to have forgotten about Highmaul. Grats on the kill!

Chronomatic Anomaly down ... to 40% !

Having 800k more HP, 970 legendaries and more generally gear a lot better helps, but it's still not a walk in the park.

Surviving transitions it still hard after 25 stacks, especially if you don't manage to stack the boss and the add.

Stay tuned, I'm not giving up on this

Ah! that is very impressive, although I thought you already reached ~50% or enrage before ToS since you seemed to have figured out a good way to smoothly transition through all 4 channels. I might give CA a few pulls, but I'm busy and still doesn't have neck anyway.

Although, I'm personally questioning the usefulness of at least Prydaz - since it seemed to me (and confirmed by you, it seems) that surviving past ~20 stacks is difficult and current DPS is much better, why not use one DPS legendary instead? I'm sure it's possible to burst down the boss in 6~8 minutes. Although I admit either way the boss isn't doable without a lot of tertiary stacking. Probably with Netherlight Crucible? I hope we'd see it dead before Argus/Antorus but as it stands might be not.

As a side note, I'm starting to wonder how serious a chance Arcane mages have on this boss. If Prismatic Barrier actually does reduce all incoming magic damage by 25% (and not just the portion of the damage it absorbs), then survival would be very easy indeed as Arcane. I suppose I'll try the next time I'm inside.

(Also, any word on mopping up the rest of the HFC bosses/Mythic+ dungeons?)

One last tiny bit of soloing before Argus: Mythic NL

It's probably possible to finish any non-Karazhan non-CoEN M2 on time, but since I deleted my keystone in the belief that you can get it again once you finish another Mythic (you can't), we'd never know until we're Antorus-geared.

Right now I'd say most dungeon bosses are very kiting-oriented, simply due to how many bosses you can kite. Admittedly this wouldn't work as well with some bosses with small rooms or other obstacles, but I think it's a good bet.
    I can definitely see some fights being fun due to unexpected mechanics interaction (I only know today that you can outrun Ularogg's avalanches when he's in Stance of the Mountain), but frankly on the whole M+ soloing is very much a tank's game simply because of the lack of enrage timers.

(Also, got CoEN 2/4; last two might be doable with Prydaz but I still don't have Prydaz so /shrug.)
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-08-29 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted

Nythendra nm solo.
    You can see the shitty video here ( forgot to start + bad quality + random teamspeak discussions in french ): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171438614
    And logs : here
    Took me 6 tries so really trivial with ToS gear. Still need to no play like a moron but not hard at all.

Magarky
    Last edited by mmoc12222011aa; 2017-09-01 at 04:07 PM.

Nice job, nice to see some kiting in video form you make it look quite easy

Wow, grats 1st Legion solo! I'm pretty surprised you could do this boss with just ~200k healing, but I see you can avoid much of the damage if you kite well enough.
    Out of curiosity, how dangerous is the enrage? I assume that it is still pretty much a one-shot through Volatile Rot since you seem to stop every now and then for damage and since you're cutting it really close to enrage at 9:54. Also, do you need to stack much speed for kiting like this?

But anyway, hope to see more kills from you if you got the time!