Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Guys, seriously? Back on the actual topic, please. Take the semantics to private messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Animation locks are to PvP what shift sticks on the roof are to lap times.
    What if it's not an opinion?
    Assertion^
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    You would have to prove it's not.
    Challenge of Assertion ^
    It's just your opinion that it is.
    Fallacy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance ^

If you make an assertion or argument, it's up to you to prove that it's true.
    Not for other to prove that it's not true.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Guys, seriously? Back on the actual topic, please. Take the semantics to private messages.
    Personally I'm giving WildStar a try; I'd say it's pretty similar just by having an arena system with an ELO rating. RIFT would be the closest in terms of overall game feel and combat style, but unless they revamped the PvP system it's essentially just a very long honor grind that gives you better gear. If it fails, maybe WoD will be playable. So far Blizzard never managed to actually live up to their promises they always make before an expansion, though.

ArcheAge isn't looking too bad either, finally a game that tries a WPvP approach. I fear it's going to be ruined by those in-combat instant cast flying mount nonsense, though.

And then there's Camelot Unchained, the last hope for decent MMORPG PvP since DAoC.
    Last edited by Feranor; 2014-05-28 at 04:11 PM.

mmo pvp is bad is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    The only good pvp I've seen in a mmo (in terms of balance) was GW2. That's only because everyone's ability's scale the same, do the same damage e.t.c
    SWTOR seems not so bad at max level (the boost you get at low levels, which allows you to play with 50's is OP as hell, go into a match at level 10, and you destroy level 50's because the scaling is a bit over the top)
    But yea, MMO's aren't amazing for PvP ussually just flavor of the month, I remember the time in wotlk - I think, Where everyone rolled a feral druid because arena was a case of feral or not play lol. May have been cata actually.

As for MMO's having bad pvp thats a joke, World of Warcraft has always had amazing pvp as in the gear, the playability is bar none, arena was always great and as for the balance there has been some a few things over time that were op but did not make it an unbalanced game, low levels yes it is unbalanced but then again you don't sit at low levels to pvp if your a true pvp player. People need to get their heads out of their asses about have a complete symetric across the board balanced games such as GW2, HAA GW2 pvp was a joke is a joke always will be a joke.. Theres nothing like mastering your build in pvp getting to 2500+ rating and seperating yourself from the casual pvpers and the hardcore pvpers, going out in the world and dominating because you worked your ass off for it!!!!! THATS PVP AT ITS FINEST not oooo waaaah waaaaah hes to strong its not fair hes op nerf him oooo i cant do that nerf it change that waaaaah staaaaahp your bitching PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

since WoW has catered to the more hmm lazy and childish groups over time i havn't played since the end of cata, i did hop on for MoP just to test it, i would love to see a game with the same playability of wow in terms of how fluent the combat was, how fast paced it is, no hit an ability wait 10 seconds for global cd to reset, movement was smooth not choppy sluggish feel like your operating a tank action, if anyone knows of a game with the playability of wow sign me up thats what i want, and not something where everyone is equal cuz guess what EVERYONE IS NOT EQUAL its a harsh truth but deal with it.

please reply with any game suggestions im all ears, currently testing archeage, and bouncing from eso to rift with a hint of LoL in the mix

again, if you are looking for unbalanced mmo pvp like WoW then SWTOR is probably your best bet

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    The only good pvp I've seen in a mmo (in terms of balance) was GW2. That's only because everyone's ability's scale the same, do the same damage e.t.c
    i agree with this. also from what i hear pvp in ESO is pretty large scale but everyone just one shots each other.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i agree with this. also from what i hear pvp in ESO is pretty large scale but everyone just one shots each other.
    I can confirm that, the ttk is probably the same as that seen in MOBAs.