Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There isn't. The Wii Mote debuted in 2006. This bullshit patent, that was just filed for a situation like this where they go could after something using a vague description was filed in 2009.

Seems you're the only one here defending phillips for what is just a waste of everybody's time.

i'm not defending anyone really, that is why i said if. i am neither qualified nor interested in reading the said patent, but you are wrong on the priority date. From the link of the OP, i read 1995 and 2002 priority date. The 2011 publication date is not important.

Sorry to waste your time though, there is a believe an ignore function on this forum. click on my name; go to my profile and add me to your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i am neither qualified nor interested in reading the said patent, but...
    but...

but...

It seems you care more about it then anyone else here.

For someone who doesn't care or doesn't have an agenda here you sure are going out of your way to defend phillips and tell everyone else they are wrong LMAO.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    geez man, you need to chill.

A Philips spokesman told the AP that Philips and Nintendo had allegedly been attempting to negotiate a licensing arrangement, to no avail
    pretty much all you need to read assuming its true of course. if Nintendo/Philips was trying to come to an agreement on one patent then it one could assume that they were already infringing upon it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to laugh at "User Interface System Based on Pointing Device". Mostly because I feel as if TV remotes HAVE to fall under that category. Or Roku. Or Something. It's too silly to be real. That being said, Philips should stick to making B- earbuds so I have a cheap alternative when I lose mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdnalak View Post
    I had to laugh at "User Interface System Based on Pointing Device". Mostly because I feel as if TV remotes HAVE to fall under that category. Or Roku. Or Something. It's too silly to be real. That being said, Philips should stick to making B- earbuds so I have a cheap alternative when I lose mine.
    This brings up an interesting point. Wouldn't the old Super Scope predate Philips patent claim here by a massive margin? The old Zapper gun wasn't (I believe) used to operate menus but the Super Scope absolutely was used to select levels and options and stuff in games like Yoshi Safari.

For that matter, Sega's Menacer predates this patent claim as well.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Philips is pulling an Apple and trying to patent troll. Nintendo has enough history to fall back on for defense, not to mention they were designing the Wii interface long before Philips attempted to even file for the patent. Any judge and jury can just flat out say that there is no case for Philips since their patent falls after the release of the Wii by more then a few years. Of course, rather then doing the logical and proper thing though, they will probably drag the court case on for months.