Deleted

Question Which bosses require 3 tanks? (SoO 25hc)

On 25hc, which bosses either require 3 tanks and/or is nice to have (= is useful for the raid) 3 tanks?

For example: shamans (obviously, like in 10m) requires 3 tanks and garrosh also requires 3 tanks one of them being a monk (or at least is the most used strategy, and most easy).

Shamans and garrosh only.
    Retired hunter

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In both cases this is so "nice to have" that it's basically "required".

Also, you could theoretically use 3rd tank on Norushen to not get swarmed by the adds, or on Nazgrim to offtank the spinning guys in a corner. Both of these are much less useful.

No fight requires 3 tanks, but some are made a lot easier with an extra tank. Shamans and Nazgrim are the ones I used to switch to tank for, but some people prefer to have it on Garrosh too.

it makes shamans absurdly simpler

and imo it just makes all of garrosh's dps checks harder, but might allow you to take one less healer because of how much dmg that empowered despair can do with 1 tank

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    it makes shamans absurdly simpler

and imo it just makes all of garrosh's dps checks harder, but might allow you to take one less healer because of how much dmg that empowered despair can do with 1 tank
    If the tanks know how to vengeance it's fine, BUT I dont see the benefit of 3 tanking it except in toes.

As for shamans, ya 3 tanks there is nice for sure, 3rd tank really doesn't need good gear tho, a dps monk or a ret pala using their dps gear would suffice with just a cloak added.

2 tanking garrosh is a joke, but 3 tanking shamans does make a very dramatic difference.

like most stated there is no need for 3 tanks anywhere in SoO. 3 tanks make some fights way easier like shamans. Hell u can even solo tank garrosh hc as long u use killing adds strategy. Else u use a second tank (monk) to kite 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    2 tanking shamans is painfully brutal, especially if it's your first time and are progressing. I would say at this point in the tier, any guild just now getting to shamans that 3 tanking is mandatory.
    This. Dark Shaman are a joke when they're split.

I've heard of people 3 tanking Nourshen (Always have seperate add/boss tanks), Juggernaut (One dedicated to Mines), Shaman (Split Strat), Nazgrim (Have a tank devoted to adds/keeping Shaman away from Nazgrim), and obviously Garrosh.

That being said, the only ones that make a big difference while progressing are Garrosh/Shaman. The others could be nice if you're having trouble with those fights, but don't really make that much of a difference.

We use three on Immerseus... just to make adds super easy.

its nice to have a 3rd tank on protectors for when the tank messes up on gouge and for tanking anguish its helped loads with my guild since anguish dose hurt, aslo helps for getting gloom in the right place. also since rook can toss kegs on the rooteed player its better to have anguish that can tank all the dmg if needed
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-05-17 at 12:41 AM.

Fights where you might find any small benefit from a 3rd tank are pretty numerous this tier. Immersius, (apparently Protectors, according to thunderdragon), Norushen, Iron Juggs, Shamans, Nazgrim, Thok (bats-only tank?), Klaxxi, Garrosh.

The only one that I think it's reasonable to think of as a "worth it" option are Shamans and Garrosh. Shamans, it changes the fight fundamentally. You deal with 1/2 the mechanics which makes everything that much smoother. Garrosh, again it allows you to completely ignore a pretty big mechanic in phases 2+3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Juggernaut (One dedicated to Mines)
    Not sure why anyone would ever do this. This definitely does not make the fight easier; there are only 3 mines on 25 man as well.

Deleted
    We use 3 tanks on:
    - Sha: one only for the adds - not really needed, and doesn't make that much of a difference. Just to make it a bit easier.
    - Shaman: huge difference, 2 Haromm / 1 the other.
    - Nazgrim: We split the boss (+ arcweaver, hunter, rogue) and the other adds (shaman, warrior), and it's easier to do that with 3. But doesn't make that much of a difference.
    - Malkorok: It started because our main tanks didn't have a good dps spec / couldn't take the blood rage phase alone, and it stayed the same somehow. So I am the third tank, collecting all adds, tanking the blood rage phase and helping with the zones (usually I take the one closest to the melees). Another possibility would be to have a third tank just dedicated to collecting the orbs - depending on your setup, they can be quite overwhelming towards the end of the no-heal-phases.
    - Garrosh (nh only): Third tank kites the adds, and is afk for the rest of the fight (or so).

[e] TLDR to your questions: The only ones that require it (i.e. a third tank makes it a lot easier) are Shamans and Garrosh, but minor benefits can be had on other encounters.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2014-05-17 at 12:10 PM.