Strange SimCraft EP values for Combat

Any thoughts as to why SimC seems to think that crit>mastery>haste at high ilvl? I can't seem figure out the logic behind it and I think it's just wrong.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inity/advanced

Last edited by InfinityRogue; 2014-05-16 at 10:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    from what i recall most rogues prefer to use shadowcraft over simcraft. might want to look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    from what i recall most rogues prefer to use shadowcraft over simcraft. might want to look at that.
    Shadowcraft has it's merits, but I still use SimC for custom fight lengths and modified combat rotations. While I know that shadowcraft is a great tool, it just isn't as customizable as SimC. There are certain things that SimC can do that no other tool offers.

In a world where both A and B are good stats that scale together more of A makes more of B better, it's always been this way. You need to find the correct stat ratio by changing things around incrementally.

That said, those values do seem a little odd for your haste, so I investigated and found haste to be above crit - your settings are probably off.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2014-05-16 at 11:29 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

You use modified combat rotation? Maybe you capping energy with that rotation - so haste not so useful. 10% waiting is quite low - you are GCD capped most of the time, so you can waste energy because of high haste.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualNoob View Post
    You use modified combat rotation? Maybe you capping energy with that rotation - so haste not so useful. 10% waiting is quite low - you are GCD capped most of the time, so you can waste energy because of high haste.
    This looks very likely, the value of haste drops somewhat substantially once you start to energy cap. With a typical rotation this capping starts to occur around 19K haste but the APM and waiting time seems higher than normal so I suspect you are seeing some energy capping.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    This looks very likely, the value of haste drops somewhat substantially once you start to energy cap. With a typical rotation this capping starts to occur around 19K haste but the APM and waiting time seems higher than normal so I suspect you are seeing some energy capping.
    The issue was in settings. Once I changed the fight style to patchwerk as opposed to Raid Dummy, stat values fell back into place where they should be.

Haste>Crit=Mastery

I think I was testing damage, unbuffed on the dummy and forgot to set it back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drattack View Post
    The issue was in settings. Once I changed the fight style to patchwerk as opposed to Raid Dummy, stat values fell back into place where they should be.

Haste>Crit=Mastery

I think I was testing damage, unbuffed on the dummy and forgot to set it back.
    The "RaidDummy" fight setting is a bit unfortunate, as we don't really say what it is, and it is a fundamentally different environment than what "Patchwerk" is.

The history behind it is that back in (was it Cata?) beta, Blizzard introduced a 50m HP raiddummy where people could test things, and you also gained certain buffs while being in the vicinity of it. We modeled that as a separate "fight style" in simc, so people could find bugs in our code, and to do some comparisons to Blizzard perceived class/spec power. Unfortunately, we have never removed it, and you are not the only one to get tripped up with that.

If WoD beta will not include something similar, I will remove it from our code for the eventual 6.0 Simulationcraft that appears some day.