Deleted

HC paragons 25man

Hi guys

Im playing sub for paragons progress and i cant help but feeling my damage is lower than it should be. I get that due to other classes mutlidotting/cleaving my dps will be lower relative to my raid but i still think it could be better. Would switching spec possibly increase my single target dps or does anyone have any tips to not fall off alot.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...1&type=summary

Here are the logs for the most recent progression night. My char can be found in my sig.

Thanks

Shadohw

Deleted
    Well obviously multidotting and cleave dps is completely wasted and mostly a single target dps loss. But I play assassination mostly due to the lower penalty for downtime and less positional requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were doing well until Xaril. I feel like you'll start to get in a groove at some point and go up, everyone's damage on this fight goes up as they get more familiar with the encounter, ignore any kind of meter in game. Logs need to be snapshotted for the duration of the time that you're supposed to actively be killing X boss.

I would not play Sub on this fight though, entirely too much target swapping to be worth it (unless you absolutely cannot play Combat or Mut).

Sub gets hurt on this fight a lot more than the other specs, because you lose out on a lot of find weakness uptime from target swaps and dealing with mechanics such as aim, rapid fire or xaril. You also lose optimal CD usage, because you might delay using one if a bug is close to dying.

If raid dps is currently your issue consider having one of your druids switch to tank spec to vengeance whore scorpion to hit 800k+ dps.

Dont forget to tricks the scorpion!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Raer- View Post
    You were doing well until Xaril. I feel like you'll start to get in a groove at some point and go up, everyone's damage on this fight goes up as they get more familiar with the encounter, ignore any kind of meter in game. Logs need to be snapshotted for the duration of the time that you're supposed to actively be killing X boss.

I would not play Sub on this fight though, entirely too much target swapping to be worth it (unless you absolutely cannot play Combat or Mut).

I can play all 3 specs the same but i chose sub due to the on demand burst it can give and with 40sec Sdances i thought maybe would be useful. Im not playing combat until this boss is well on farm since the downtime would hurt the AR/SB/KS cycling alot. The only problem i found with assass is that Vendetta doesnt match up with everyboss, does anyone have any suggested times to use vendetta for the hard burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    I can play all 3 specs the same but i chose sub due to the on demand burst it can give and with 40sec Sdances i thought maybe would be useful. Im not playing combat until this boss is well on farm since the downtime would hurt the AR/SB/KS cycling alot. The only problem i found with assass is that Vendetta doesnt match up with everyboss, does anyone have any suggested times to use vendetta for the hard burns.
    Combat is more than fine for paragons if you're comfortable and can deal with with staying in melee range for rapid fire. Yes you got to get away from xaril at times but it isn't that big of a deal to me anyway. I kind of had to do it as combat due to having just normal daggers and 2x hc wf mace+fist at the time of progressing paragons.

Anyway, I agree with the assassination/combat for klaxxi, subtlety can be done but isn't definately as good as the other two, no matter how you play it.

People are always going to be retarded and cleave on this fight. Not necessarily like a warlock going affliction and multi dot cheesing or a combat rogue blade flurrying the entire time or an elemental shaman spamming chain lightning. But like a frost mage ice lance hitting two targets or a warlock havoc chaos bolting just cause they can. Some classes just can't help cleaving like Ret's with their 4 pc. Being the good boy and staying pure single target you'll always feel like you're doing something wrong.

Deleted
    since the downtime would hurt the AR/SB/KS cycling alot.
    This is actually not true. Combat suffers only more than others if you have downtime during CDs, but outside of it it's fine. Fierydemise (or shadowboy or maybe both)explained that fact thoroughly several times in this very forum.
    Last edited by mmoc7df6ba81a8; 2014-05-18 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    or a warlock havoc chaos bolting just cause they can.
    I'd be pissed if our warlocks were doing this, they can havoc incinerate for additional ember gain thus single target dps increase.

main combat for hc paragons haven't had a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by watain1 View Post
    main combat for hc paragons haven't had a problem with it.
    Occasionally when I KS on the manipulator i get hit by his frontal cleave spell, so time it so u cast it as soon as he finishes casting it or when he casts manipulate. That and careful not to KS close to death from above.