1. #1

    Ghostcrawler/Blue Post - Help Me, MMO-Champion Forums!

    Hey folks,

    I've been trying to find a blue post, I think from Ghostcrawler but possibly someone else, for a while and having no luck. Basically it was regarding the negative feedback or forum complaints and the response came down to explaining how those posts are still positive, despite being negative opinions. Essentially it was focusing on the fact that the players who post their complaints are still passionate about a product and their opinion on the product and how that's better than people falling silent because they've stopped caring.

    Anyone vaguely remember this and able to find it for me, as I have had no luck.

    Many thanks!
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Sainur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Khazad-dûm
    Posts
    1,487
    Why?

    /10batsandfrogs
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

  3. #3
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,416
    I think that one or another person at Blizzard has said some variation of this. It really starts with Morhaime who has installed the mantra of "Every Voice Matters" as part of Blizzard's culture. I think it might even be a part of their corporate mission statement.

    For the record, I think it's a nice general statement of intent but demonstrably untrue. Some voices matter more than others and a small minority do not matter at all.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  4. #4
    Well I am Nolifer so reading every post. Many Blue posts with the content that you described exist as it is sort of replaceable gibberish that every other company posts regarding their customer's feedback, which is why OP was almost certain that Ghostcrawler said it (and also to me it was within the realm osf possibilities)

    Anyways the passage was from Daxxarri and goes like this:

    "Is Blizzard concerned about the general discontent on the forums?"

    "We're interested in all the feedback posters provide, both positive and negative. It's been reasonably constant that the forums are a place for players to express their concerns and desires for change — as a result, negative feedback is the norm rather than the exception."
    http://blues.wowraider.net/blue/us2/.../Sad-Community


    €dit: There was also another post from Blues related to this topic which explained that happy players who are content with how the game plays jut play happily instead of posting on the forums. Thought that might interest you as well.
    Last edited by Fincher; 2014-05-16 at 04:30 PM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Why?

    /10batsandfrogs
    The one I'm thinking of, I liked the particular wording/presentation of it. Not specific to WoW, but just broadly thinking of any fanbase where opinions are split, be it comic books, movies, novels, or games. Because it's true - when people stop caring enough to talk about the product, when they stop caring one way or the other and you've lost them, it's worse than when they may not agree with something but still care about it enough to voice their opinion.

    Was hoping to find the way it was stated. I may have to just stat combing through a mountain of blue posts, water coolers, blogs, and tweets.....but not sure I care about it quite that much.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Well I am Nolifer so reading every post. Many Blue posts with the content that you described exist as it is sort of replaceable gibberish that every other company posts regarding their customer's feedback, which is why OP was almost certain that Ghostcrawler said it (and also to me it was within the realm osf possibilities)

    Anyways the passage was from Daxxarri and goes like this:

    "Is Blizzard concerned about the general discontent on the forums?"

    "We're interested in all the feedback posters provide, both positive and negative. It's been reasonably constant that the forums are a place for players to express their concerns and desires for change — as a result, negative feedback is the norm rather than the exception."
    http://blues.wowraider.net/blue/us2/.../Sad-Community


    €dit: There was also another post from Blues related to this topic which explained that happy players who are content with how the game plays jut play happily instead of posting on the forums. Thought that might interest you as well.
    So weird seeing a forum poster who has my last name as their screen name! *mind blown* O_o

    I think it was a more recent one, though. Pretty sure from 2013.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The one I'm thinking of, I liked the particular wording/presentation of it. Not specific to WoW, but just broadly thinking of any fanbase where opinions are split, be it comic books, movies, novels, or games. Because it's true - when people stop caring enough to talk about the product, when they stop caring one way or the other and you've lost them, it's worse than when they may not agree with something but still care about it enough to voice their opinion.

    Was hoping to find the way it was stated. I may have to just stat combing through a mountain of blue posts, water coolers, blogs, and tweets.....but not sure I care about it quite that much.
    People who are unhappy unsub after whining and getting upset. Happy people do not complain or post they are happy, they are too busy playing. Not everyone exists to need to express their personal opinion as if it was fact and unbreakable.

  7. #7
    To be fair, my personal opinion was once an unbreakable fact.

    €dit: If you search for an inspirational Post then maybe this one?

    "I'm not interested in citing the entire massive list directly, but World of Warcraft has a long history of adjustments in response to player feedback. A couple simple recent examples would be raising the Arena and Rated Battleground base point caps or the upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

    When something you feel strongly about hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean that we've dismissed feedback. In fact, sometimes we really like a suggestion, but implementing it doesn't quite fit into the schedule yet, or there are technical or design reasons why it doesn't fit into the game yet. Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution. And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game. Nonetheless, in none of these cases is feedback dismissed - it was still taken into account during the decision making process."
    Last edited by Fincher; 2014-05-16 at 04:51 PM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    People who are unhappy unsub after whining and getting upset. Happy people do not complain or post they are happy, they are too busy playing. Not everyone exists to need to express their personal opinion as if it was fact and unbreakable.
    Again, you're applying exclusively to WoW. I'm not talking specifically about WoW, I'm talking about any subject where people disagree on a point, but still want to discuss the product, be it a comic book's storyline, casting decisions with a movie, OR development decisions for a video game (console, PC, MMO or anything between). It may not even be on a forum, it may be among friends. It may not be a matter of happy/unhappy, it may be a matter of opinion on details while happy with the overall.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  9. #9
    So was my second Quote the one you were luking for or are you still unsatisfy?
    Capitalism, Ho!

  10. #10
    I think it was Ghostcrawler and if I remember correctly it was something he said during a speech of some sort...maybe at blizzcon or something else - might not have been a forum post. But he was talking about the fact that the qq shows that people still care about the game...if there was no qq then no one gave a damn.


    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't...

  11. #11
    Yeah, itzferal, that's what I'm thinking of. Coulda sworn it was a post, though.

    I feel like Winnie the Pooh.
    /bonk head
    "Think, think, think."
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  12. #12
    Do you mean this one?

    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom."

    https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...47098535944192

  13. #13
    I don't think it was ghostcrawler actually, if I remember the post in question correctly, I almost wanna say it was zeroic or bashiok (SP). but I'm not 100 sure%
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •