Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Mage] Pull Aggrevations

Let's get these stories rolling.

after a small raiding absence due to guild problems i found a group who needed a dps to help on their hc raiding. all good and well.
    BUT, one boss is really annoying for pull. This boss is named siegecrafter Blackfuse. The tactic this group uses is to pull the boss to where you enter the circle (all the pipes), which is quite a distance. i'm a frostmage so i time my FO to be on his position. but many times he stops midway to throw a sawblade. misposition my FO, waisting alot of possible FoF.
    Also due to the time traveling by the boss, all my aligned procs from start are about to run out before i can get my decent burst going.

so what are your stories about boss pulls that are far from ideal.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    And 30 seconds later my Immerseus trinket procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasted View Post
    This is pretty much all pull issues with me. It is awful when it happens too, 1mil + if I can get it to proc with everything, if not, see you at the bottom of the charts at 600k.

Get a fat combustion and then realize the tank derped on H.Dark Shaman and didn't stack the 2 shamans+2 dogs properly so your spreading with Inferno Blast didn't work /cry

While this is a relaxed thread, keep it like it, don't take it too far

So much rage every raid on my warlock and my mage from this right here.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    o.o Why would it get not-relaxed?
    That's some intense overmoderation.

Oh I thought we were gonna talk about how annoying it is when tanks decide to charge in when you need 6s+ of pre-pull time for your Invocation/Pyroblast combos, or when you at least try to get an Invo/Rune off that isn't at a shitty duration before you see "COMBAT HAS STARTED" pop up.

... Seriously that crap is annoying >.>

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post

*Teleports the thread to Ancient Dalaran*

... !@#$. Way to jinx it, Greenie.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    This is the worst on Thok HC - you have hero up and skull banners and everything right on the pull ... and then PBoI refuses to proc until Thok is at 4 stacks of acceleration and your ability to cast freely is already starting to be constrained. RAAAGGGGEEEEEEEEEE.

Quote Originally Posted by vadya View Post
    This is the worst on Thok HC - you have hero up and skull banners and everything right on the pull ... and then PBoI refuses to proc until Thok is at 4 stacks of acceleration and your ability to cast freely is already starting to be constrained. RAAAGGGGEEEEEEEEEE.
    I flat out refuse to play my mage on thok because of the interrupts. I rather play my hunter and act like I don't even care.

Onto the main note: Immersues trinket proc has the worse RNG ever especially when everything else has proc'd.
    Last edited by Nerfgun; 2014-05-17 at 10:10 AM.

#1 is Immerseus procs by far. #2 would be losing out on second pot because "Pull in 5.. 4.. 3.. Overzealous tank Pulls.."

Deleted
    In addition to hasty tanks, overzealous raid leaders who dont give you enough chance to get food, buffs & pet out before they are pulling (even worse if they are also the tank).

Tunnel vision ftl

Self annoying is where you have been doing a fight where you have to turn your welly on to passive so it doesnt attack certain adds, raid wipes in that time, RL calls a break and when you come back you forget your welly is still on passive, and you are wondering why you are only doing 70% of your normal damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemia View Post
    Let's get these stories rolling.

after a small raiding absence due to guild problems i found a group who needed a dps to help on their hc raiding. all good and well.
    BUT, one boss is really annoying for pull. This boss is named siegecrafter Blackfuse. The tactic this group uses is to pull the boss to where you enter the circle (all the pipes), which is quite a distance. i'm a frostmage so i time my FO to be on his position. but many times he stops midway to throw a sawblade. misposition my FO, waisting alot of possible FoF.
    Also due to the time traveling by the boss, all my aligned procs from start are about to run out before i can get my decent burst going.

so what are your stories about boss pulls that are far from ideal.
    I know this isn't exactly what your thread is about, but have you... y'know... Tried asking your tanks to wait til your FO is finished to kite it the rest of the way? If you're doing H Siegecrafter, I HIGHLY doubt your tank is a gigantic asshole who wouldn't be willing to slow his kiting down on the pull to benefit the raid.

My GM played a mage for 13/14H, and when we were progressing on H SC, he would tell our tank to kite it like 1/2 the way to the pipes, then hold it there for Frozen Orb, then when the Frozen Orb finished to kite it the rest of the way, because it was a "HUGE" DPS boost for him. Our tank happily obliged, knowing that if one person's on-pull burst is going to be substantially higher by it, then it benefits the entire raid in terms of beating enrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    I know this isn't exactly what your thread is about, but have you... y'know... Tried asking your tanks to wait til your FO is finished to kite it the rest of the way? If you're doing H Siegecrafter, I HIGHLY doubt your tank is a gigantic asshole who wouldn't be willing to slow his kiting down on the pull to benefit the raid.

My GM played a mage for 13/14H, and when we were progressing on H SC, he would tell our tank to kite it like 1/2 the way to the pipes, then hold it there for Frozen Orb, then when the Frozen Orb finished to kite it the rest of the way, because it was a "HUGE" DPS boost for him. Our tank happily obliged, knowing that if one person's on-pull burst is going to be substantially higher by it, then it benefits the entire raid in terms of beating enrage.
    While normally yes, i would ask, i was just a pug for that night. and it didn't really bothered me as we eventually got him down (just surviving all the mechanics).

Immerseus Hc is also 'fun'. pulling, blowing the cds, throttle dps when his debuff is up (alter time can only absorb that much in such a short time)

Immerseus HC shouldn't be a problem with the debuff. Between AT and GI I usually take 12-13 stacks off myself. Just make sure you save FO for the adds.

Iron Juggernaut every few weeks...
    Prepull pot, rune down, Arcane blast prepull and NETHER TEMPEST.... Gah, I forget to respec on that fight more than anything

Crappy skull banner rotation from our 3 warriors >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biopally View Post
    Prepull pot, rune down, Arcane blast prepull and NETHER TEMPEST.... Gah, I forget to respec on that fight more than anything
    You might actually wanna cast rune before pre pot.

Usually patient about my procs, decide to give up on Immerseus proc and us AT, right at the end Immerseus trinket procs >_>

Deleted
    From my experience frozen orb almost guarantees that thing proccing. Opening with FB+LB does it probably 50% of times, FO almost immediately procs it afterwards. On Garrosh heroic I don't even do anything for the first 5 seconds after the pull simply so that the meta and rppm trinket don't run out before PBOI procs.