Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Pregnant Mother Sentenced to Death for Loving her Husband.

For all I cannot stand the woman that wrote this article, she wrote a very heartfelt piece, and it made me completely crumble when reading it.

http://www.bestdaily.co.uk/your-life...r-husband.html

"When most of us find out we are pregnant we surprise our partner, tell our mums - who cry happy tears about being a grandma - and celebrate with our girlfriends.

Not in Sudan.

Over there one of your family dobs you in to the police and are packed off to a court for your sins. Sudanese Muslims really know how to show the love.

Her crime? She married a Christian man, and her Muslim family decided that she should die for that sin. She has a two year old son and is pregnant with her second child.

A baying mob gathered outside the court room sweating at the crotch in excitement that a pregnant woman might be sentenced to something really painful. They celebrated at the thought of her writhing in agony.

Sudan is not alone in this horror. On May 1st, the Sultan of Brunei adopted Sharia Law. He owns the Dorchester and other luxury hotels in the UK.
    Under this brutal penal code, a married woman will be stoned to death if she is raped – because she has committed adultery. It makes me want kick the Sultan in his sultanas – shrivelled little things that they are. Gay men will face death by stoning too - reason enough not to take up the offer of a Dorchester Chelsea Flower Show afternoon tea at £75 a head.

They do all these cruel things shouting 'Allah is great'.

It is medieval. In the 1700's crowds used to gather around the guillotine to see the head sliced off the body. In France women used to sit knitting between executions to pass the time. But that was 300 hundred years ago – when life was cruel and suffering was a spectacle.

It is 2014, but Sudan is going back in time. Last week they shut down their university because students are a disruptive influence. Soon they will be knitting burkas watching women hang.

They are the new dinosaurs – monsters from another age.

Miriam's unborn child will be spared. She will have to endure a pregnancy, a painful birth and see her little baby born – knowing he will grow up without a mother. Her 2 year old son is with her in prison at the moment, waiting for her execution. Her husband will not be allowed to see his wife again until he sees her hanging from the gallows. He is banned from any contact with the children. He will never see his unborn child.

Despite the torture of 100 lashes and the horror of hanging, the thought of the children growing up without their mum or dad is surely the cruellest punishment of all. "
    I just can't put into words how I feel, other than weeping for this poor woman and Husband and children, and the many others who go through this treatment in a country that doesn't give a damn about them.

EDIT: I offer those interested a chance to have a say, by signing this petition set up by Amnesty.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/actions/s...tent=Meriam_FB
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2014-05-17 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Added link.

Deleted
    Can you honestly say you're surprised?

Oh god, this thread will end badly...some usual suspects are already on their way to blow this up, I bet.

Yes, it's horrible and unacceptable, but nothing will change, unless the people themselves change it. Outer influence and enraged voices won't stop it.

Yeah sorry guys, I wrote this when I had just finished reading as got very emotional over the article, I guess I just keep wondering why we can't do anything, I mean I know this stuff is complicated, it just hurts my heart so much. Will ask for this to be locked as I really wouldn't like to see this evolve into something horrible. Thanks for the replies guys.

Sudan is one of several nations where it is punishable by death to "leave" Islam. Even though Miriam has never been a Muslim and was, in fact, raised a Christian apparently and it's her father who is asserting this nonsense. Both he and the Sudanese government are demanding she "revert" to her father's religion as is the law there. Since she refuses she's automatically guilty of apostasy and therefore has to be put to death.

There are numerous snide comments I could make here, that I will refrain from. Suffice it to say that we should stop any trade with Sudan until they get their freaking act together and stop crap like this.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately the woman's fate is sealed. I'm afraid my voice can't show how...upsetting this is to me despite how different Sudan is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    To know god is to know love, don't you know?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A foreign country cannot really intervene to change the law of another country, it's an act of war. Only thing foreign countries can do, outside diplomatic discussions or economical pressures, is to offer political asylum to refugees.

They proved time and time again that their religion does not mix with civilisation, and yet we are still supporting it by allowing circumcision to be practiced.

I just got my hopes up for the Muslims and then shit like this happen and i loose my newly found respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Nah, FOX news is a good source of information but everyone has their flaws so they can have some "yellow" material from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Something MAC-adress something
    I dont even use a Mac.. I use a PC.

I'd feel much better about the US invading these kinds of countries and imposing the concept of "universal ethics" there.

In the spirit of empathy and how the middle east is full of zombies without morals:

http://www.aoltv.com/2010/08/25/loui...ama-bin-laden/

Yes, the setup for the scene, involving relaxing Saudi Arabian music, feels like we're going through some machinations to get Louie in front of Osama bin Laden. But Louie and Root make it work. My guess is that Louie had some observations about 9/11, bin Laden, and terrorism bumping around in his head and he felt this was a good way to get them out. And in his usual, understated Louis C.K. fashion, he made a great point.

"You totally shouldn't have done 9/11," he tells bin Laden and his cohorts. "Would you want anybody to do a 9/11-y thing to you?" He then proceeded to call the attack a "bulls--- move," with a "maybe I'm oversimplifying things" disclaimer that's Louie's "get out of rhetorical jail free" card. He knows that people could argue the layers of the story until they're blue in the face, but Louie was just talking about his raw, gut emotions. With similar emotions coming out over the possible construction of a mosque near Ground Zero, Louie's confrontation still seems current and timely, even if 9/11 was nine years ago.

"Basically, you're saying we're a--holes," says bin Laden, in a turn that reminds us that this is going on in Louie's head. We knew that from the beginning -- Louie snapped a cell phone pic with the guy! -- but we get sucked into the confrontation, because we've all had the thought of what we'd say or do if we were confronted with this country's biggest enemy.

But bin Laden would never lead Louie into calling him an a-hole. "I don't mean to offend you," Louie says, "but I think you're an a--hole." In another sign that this is all in Louie's head, bin Laden actually starts to regret being a terrorist, saying that he never saw it from the perspective Louie gave him. Victory!
    "Good ol Vanilla Enhancement Shamans. The walking slot machine."

Deleted
    Give more and more rights to Muslisms and you will wake up in country like Sudan one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Who are we talking about, the Jews?
    No, the muslims.

Circumcision isn't exclusively jewish.

Deleted
    don't you know Islam is the religion of love and peace?

aaaaaand it's Africa

Time for apologists to appear.

Deleted
    Sharia Law. Bringing 2000 BC to your country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    No, the muslims.

Circumcision isn't exclusively jewish.
    Female circumscision i believe is exclusively muslim.

"Religion makes me a better person" Coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, but female circumcision is considered a human rights violation as it is and the Jews kind of need male circumcision, so...
    What now? They need to be circumcised? Are they some special breed of human that dies if their foreskin isn't removed? Surely that's offensive to someone.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2014-05-16 at 06:58 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Man that makes me angry. I wish I could press a button and wipe the stupid vicious sub humans off the world.

and people wonder why I'm anti-theist.

Well unless we are willing to go to war and kill off the old regime in these countries there is nothing we can do. Now I will be an ass hole racist here and I dont give a crap. These people are ass backward and mentally lack any brain power. That is why people like me hate these people and why people like me will never respect these people.