Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    "Religion makes me a better person" Coming soon.
    Religion helps a lot of people. That being said, yea there are a lot of people that become hypocrites when they do stuff like this in the name of their religion. But being a atheist or someone without any religion dose not make you a better person either. I don't want to add/create a religious argument though ,especially on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, but female circumcision is considered a human rights violation as it is and the Jews kind of need male circumcision, so...
    Religion should never beat human rights.

The baby has the right to not be excruciatingly mutilated in the name of Allah or Adonai.

Or well, should have the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I think you're missing the point of what I originally said.
    Then perhaps you should make it more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Religion helps a lot of people. That being said, yea there are a lot of people that become hypocrites when they do stuff like this in the name of their religion. But being a atheist or someone without any religion dose not make you a better person either. I don't want to add/create a religious argument though ,especially on the internet.
    Religion doesn't make them better; people make people better, and if PEOPLE "are helped" they can attribute it to whatever they want, but there was no divine power that did it for them. Religion is never a positive factor from which anything positive is derived.

Aaaaaand regressing civilization by several hundred years. Thanks religion =D
    I'm going to go ahead and not blame Islam specifically here. It's pretty much par for course for what happens when you have religious doctrine ruling a country. Edit: in particular an underdeveloped country at that.
    This shit is so archaic I'd expect to see it in some twisted movie. Really makes me appreciate that I live in Canada.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2014-05-16 at 07:13 PM.

Yawn, more Sudan news that scumbags the people of my religion, no real surprise there.

BTW Circumcision for females is not allowed in Islam, just for males. I don't give a fuck what you say, what a bunch of Sudanese fools say, what a bunch of Pakistani Muslims say, they're wrong and don't have reading comprehension, end of story .

You can be as anti-theist as you want, most of you don't know as much science, mathematics and don't have as high an education as some of the top level thiests so yeaaah.

Deleted
    muslims + africa
    what did you expected ? :->

And when people try to implement legislation which prevent these laws from taking foot in the U.S. they get labelled as bigots. /headscratch

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Aaaaaand regressing civilization by several hundred years. Thanks religion =D
    I'm going to go ahead and not blame Islam specifically here. It's pretty much par for course for what happens when you have religious doctrine ruling a country.
    This shit is so archaic I'd expect to see it in some twisted movie. Really makes me appreciate that I live in Canada.
    And yet Canada has a circumcision rate of about 30%..

Quote Originally Posted by bazyk View Post
    muslims + africa
    what did you expected ? :->
    I agree with this comment as a fully practicing Muslim. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Religion doesn't make them better; people make people better, and if PEOPLE "are helped" they can attribute it to whatever they want, but there was no divine power that did it for them. Religion is never a positive factor from which anything positive is derived.
    Thumbs up for this, I agree.
    In my experience/readings/view, it's exceedingly rare that religion has been THE quintessential factor for something good happening. In the grand majority of cases, the factor of "religion" is happenstance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You seem to have forgotten the OP exists. I wasn't referring to circumcision with my post.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2014-05-16 at 07:28 PM.

Thumbs up for this, I agree.
    It's exceedingly rare that religion has been THE quintessential factor for something good happening. In the grand majority of cases, the factor of "religion" is happenstance.
    Grand majority of cases huh. That overwhelming proof blows my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    And dropping. I don't think there's even a urologist in this city that still does infant circumcisions.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Fucking stupid turban-wearing virgin-lovers...

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-05-17 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And dropping. I don't think there's even a urologist in this city that still does infant circumcisions.
    Canada is a country. Didn't want to throw a rainstorm on your high educated athiest brain, but just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page, theists and all you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I agree with this comment as a fully practicing Muslim. Lol.
    What does fully practicing Muslim mean? Do you realize what that means? How literally do you interpret the religious doctrine you follow? Do you; (assuming you're male), treat women like animals, never ever shave, kill homosexuals on sight and punish adultery with death?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Grand majority of cases huh. That overwhelming proof blows my mind.
    Why don't ya give me an example then? Something good that's solely a result of religious doctrine, written by old men thousands of years ago. And PLEASE don't say morality.

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Fucking stupid turban-wearing virgin-lovers...
    Daaaamn, I must have left my turban at home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Man that makes me angry. I wish I could press a button and wipe the stupid vicious sub humans off the world.
    Wow, racist much??

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    "Religion makes me a better person" Coming soon.

What now? They need to be circumcised? Are they some special breed of human that dies if their foreskin isn't removed? Surely that's offensive to someone.
    Think it was a rude remark trying to say they all have small dicks.

You seem to have forgotten the OP exists. I wasn't referring to circumcision with my post.
    No, I was.

You mock them for being savages and express your love for Canada, while Canada has one of the highest circumcision rates in the western world.

Just found it hypocritical.