Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Japanese are masters of advertising:

Next they will send a giant robot with giant robot boobs on a moon.
    Hilarious in so many ways, also the one from 1:50 is damn good for ... research.... and the from 6:08 is inspiring.
    Last edited by Vivapin8; 2014-05-16 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm aware of that.
    I only ever wanted people to know more.. I was so pleased with myself for sharing this infomation, but now my my smile has been crushed by a single response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    This...I...I...

Even wondered where the idea/proof of concept for a Rocket that is launched into space comes from?

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, MISSILES!

Check your facts please.
    I know where rocket technology comes from thank you, i'm not a 12 year old keyboard warrior so please don't take me for a fool. Just saying, the budget for space development should be bigger. It's far less than what governments spend on weapons and you know it.
    Last edited by giovannileanza; 2014-05-16 at 08:33 PM.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Guns won't fire on the moon, not enough oxygen as an accelerant!
    As I remember, Mythbusters did that in a vacuum and proved that you can fire a gun in a no oxygen environment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by giovannileanza View Post
    I know where rocket technology comes from thank you, i'm not a 12 year old keyboard warrior. Please don't take me for a fool. Just saying, the budget for space development should be bigger. It's far less then what governments spend on weapons and you know it.
    Rocket development is the biggest physical space exploration advancement we have made and you said it didn't come from weapons technology, when it did. It's not my fault you made a wrong claim.

It's not that simple you must understand this. Throwing money at something does not make things go faster necessarily, some discoveries come from chance or gradual advancements, we can't make a bio-dome liveable and practical on Earth (taking into account both social interactions and physical needs) let alone on another planet.

Rocket development is the biggest physical space exploration advancement we have made and you said it didn't come from weapons technology, when it did. It's not my fault you made a wrong claim.
    I don't remember saying rockets didn't come from military advancements.. at least you are taking me seriously now.

It's not that simple you must understand this. Throwing money at something does not make things go faster necessarily, some discoveries come from chance or gradual advancements, we can't make a bio-dome liveable and practical on Earth (taking into account both social interactions and physical needs) let alone on another planet.
    Yet weapons technology made significant progress because researchers throw money at 'em, especially during times of war (like the 2nd World War). Well at least there is some progress when it comes to space, seeing Opportunity land on Mars was pretty awesome, and there are some serious plans to send people there.

Deleted
    I don't remember saying rockets didn't come from military advancements.. at least you are taking me seriously now.
    Yeah, weapons development unfortunately, not space development.
    You're saying space rockets aren't space development?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    The moon is not something to be used as an advertising tool. This is littering.
    Tell that to the people who put a colored hanky on a stick there

You're saying space rockets aren't space development?
    Nope I apologize if i said something that confused you.

Deleted
    Nope I apologize if i said something that confused you.
    Then there is a clear misunderstanding because Space Rockets come from Missiles. Missiles come from weapons development. Yet you said that there are no developments in space development from war when in-fact there is.

Then there is a clear misunderstanding because Space Rockets come from Missiles. Missiles come from weapons development. Yet you said that there are no developments in space development from war when in-fact there is.
    Unless I'm confused here, I believe their point is no one made the missile going "We will use this for space", they made it and afterwards people realized "Maybe we can use this in other ways". More of an accidental side effect than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    The moon is not something to be used as an advertising tool. This is littering.
    no the moon is a giant billboard nobody has used yet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Unless I'm confused here, I believe their point is no one made the missile going "We will use this for space", they made it and afterwards people realized "Maybe we can use this in other ways". More of an accidental side effect than anything else.
    Which is correct but that still doesn't nullify a development in space technology that came from weapons development and war.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So when our first colony lands on the moon, they'll find a goddamn billboard trying to sell them soda.

Wonderful.
    People like you are the worst, just reading the headline/topic and making a kneejerk response without reading the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody owns the moon, nor does it currently possess any current land value for us. Also this is not littering, it is similar to leaving reflective equipment on the moon but this possesses no scientific value. If they were putting a giant flag saying "buy our shit" on the moon and it was visible from Earth then i'd agree, but they aren't.
    Technically the United States owns the moon. We were the first ones to claim it and put our flag on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Technically the United States owns the moon. We were the first ones to claim it and put our flag on it.
    A flag does not indicate ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If landing on it and putting shit on the surface is all it takes to "own something" then the Soviets had you beat by quite a margin.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    If landing on it and putting shit on the surface is all it takes to "own something" then the Soviets had you beat by quite a margin.
    By the same logic America isn't owned by America. Therefore America does not own the moon because they do not own themselves.

By the same logic America isn't owned by America. Therefore America does not own the moon because they do not own themselves.
    I own everything.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    A flag does not indicate ownership.
    Sure, but technically we have rights to the moon because we were the first ones to "colonize" it. We put equipment there, drove a rover around the surface, conducted scientific experiments, and played golf on the moon.

No one else has put their feet on the moon other than the United States. Finders keepers anyone?

But this is off topic. I still think its cool Japan will have a company that puts its product on the moon. They would just need to step foot there, and put their flag there to claim a portion of the moon. (if we let them )