I wonder when we will be able to change our armory character pose again

So recently I started playing again.. I looked up my toon, only to find they were in the same pose I put them in years ago. My face and body are covered because of casting animation/positioning. I looked to try to see where I could change my pose. You know it's a thing for some people to be able to show off xmog on their character. Anyways, couldn't find it. Looked it up and found out why Blizzard had removed this option(privilege). So I began to wonder, why wouldn't blizz allow us the opinion of returning our pose to default. Heck, if they were/are so worried about people abusing this privilege, why not just create a few poses we can choose from?? Would that have been difficult.. I don't know. So how many of you are stuck in the same predicament; horrible silly pose. Post your exported pic if you like to show us!

Deleted
    I didn't know you could decide your pose on the armory at any point, but it sounds quite cool!

A pre selected number of poses would probably be best. Your post makes me think it used to be whatever pose you logged out as? I can imagine people doing.. weird things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRedd View Post
    I didn't know you could decide your pose on the armory at any point, but it sounds quite cool!

A pre selected number of poses would probably be best. Your post makes me think it used to be whatever pose you logged out as? I can imagine people doing.. weird things.

you could, for a short time there was a 3d armory, then it got removed for some reason and now our characters are all in weird poses. therte was an option on the page to pick what pose your character was in, and it was 3d so you could rotate it and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    you could, for a short time there was a 3d armory, then it got removed for some reason and now our characters are all in weird poses. therte was an option on the page to pick what pose your character was in, and it was 3d so you could rotate it and stuff
    I didn't play WoW back then but my friend i think back in tbc time or around wotlk grabbed me to his PC to show me his character and how he could stand with all sort of animations lol

Gotta admit, it looked amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss this so much. It was such good fun armoury-ing a bunch of different people just to see their poses.

Nobody looks at your profile anyway.

Yeah, I miss that. I hate the male night elves just standing there with no pose whatsoever. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I liked looking at them when they had poses!

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I used to, not so much anymore.

I miss my crying pose

I was thinking about this recently. I wonder what made them decide to remove that feature?

If I recall correctly they said that it was something technical and that it would return, but that must have been 4+ years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also recall what Bamzy said. But I don't think they will spend much time on it, unless the entire thing needs a huge update.

The most recent comment I could find from Blizzard was this:

While these weird character poses and certain character/gear combinations sometimes end up being quite funny, we’re obviously trying to find out what we can do to fix them.
    As soon as I posted here, it means we acknowledge the issue and that we’re aware of it, even if the post was a bit light-hearted (it’s not really a very serious bug). I just wanted to make sure that no one thinks that we don’t care about this issue. We do. As soon as we have any more information about this, we’ll share it on the forums with all of you.

Meanwhile, enjoy the fun. (While it lasts!)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...233?page=6#113

Afraid the guys are right Dashfull, it's not an option anymore.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6689399149#8

Deleted
    But why was the 3d armory actually removed? What was the problem with it that it had to be removed?

But why was the 3d armory actually removed? What was the problem with it that it had to be removed?
    It's still available in the smartphone app, so I don't see why it can't be reimplemented into the web version again.

There were some people who made lewd/offensive poses. Basically, they ruined it for the rest of us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmagheden View Post
    There were some people who made lewd/offensive poses. Basically, they ruined it for the rest of us.

is that seriously why lol

i saw a few people in funny poses with crying pose hunched in the corner, but i didn't think that would be enough to remove it!

Maybe Blizzard is afraid they'll be too many Night Elf females caught in mid-twerk.

It was a very fun feature.
    I don't think they'll implement it again as it was, but I would like to be able to select from different combat/idle poses at the least. So many characters are locked in a bad pose now.