15+ Year Old Account

[Anime] Sailor Moon re-released to US

This is a bit hart-warming for me since this was one of the first "big" anime series that got me interested in Japanese anime back in the mid-90s. But Viz Media just announced that they got the rights to bring Sailor Moon back to the US.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nime-franchise

Viz has the rights to ALL 200 episodes (that includes the legendary Sailor Moon Stars) as well as the 3 movies. Using the remastered upgrade from 2009, they are re-releasing the show on two fronts. The first is that they are releasing 2 episodes of the subbed version every Mondays through Hulu Plus and NeonAlley starting THIS Monday with the first four episodes. The second is that they are going to release the series in Blu-ray/DVD batches with an all new dubbed version. No word yet on who is part of the dub (they announced during a later interview that that information will be released at Anime Expo on July 5th). That same day Viz will take part in the world-wide broadcast of Sailor Moon Crystal (an ALL NEW Sailor Moon series that re-imagines the original season of the story).

I kinda figured the reason the original was held back was to hype any potential new series. Seems I was right. Makes me wonder if the live action series will crop up in the US as part of the new series promos.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom