Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Warlocks are very strong but its not so much their dps that makes them so strong. On singletarget there are plenty of classes that both keep up and beat them.
    Warriors, ferals, mages, shaman, rogues etc. It's their insane utility, insane survivabilty and mobility with zero drawbacks and broken aoe.

Like others have said, your lock just happen to be the best dps player you have, im sure he would beat everyone else playing another class equally skillful.
    Start logging fights and see how the rest of your team measures up against others of their respective spec and compare how the warlock is doing, sadly, im afraid you'll find out most of them are playing shit, if its that big discrepancy between them.
    This post hit the nail on its head.

Please, OP, log a raidnight and don't tell your raiders about it. Log it and link it here, there are many people that can dissect your logs and tell you just what the problem is.

At the moment locks are borderline OP even at medium skill level, and incredibly strong at near perfect skill.

I'd wager that your problem is that your lock is playing at 99% efficiency while your other DPS play at 75%.

A good lock can be 10% higher than the next best DPS even on single target, but 75-100k at the moment is 20-25% which is, for the pack of a netter word, bullshit.

Tour DPS group isn't on your locks skill level, not even near him, if they get blown to bits that hard. (Unless the stated tricks spam from rogues during profs etc.)

I don't think a post that claims warlocks come behind 5 other classes in single target hits the nail on the head. I don't think anyone is arguing OP's team outside the warlock is likely worse - but it's evident if the warlock were playing another class, he'd probably just sit "neatly" on top of the pack, instead of being noticeably ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

For me, it screams an imbalance, and also a stat weight issue. Mastery seems to be incredibly strong for locks, to the point where all our other DPS (no2 Fire Mage with huge crit etc) seem to be at a huge disadvantage. Even the Frost Mage who can get away with stacking Mastery is nowhere near this guy.
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Locks just keep on getting stronger the more Mastery they dump into the class, and there is no real breakpoint.

Also, destro locks don't have a secondary stat which is totally terrible for them unlike most other DPS classes as all of them synergize well with the spec. Crit boosts ember generation and Chaos Bolt damage, and haste boosts their AOE DPS massively along with the aforementioned ember generation. Meanwhile my ret paladin avoids crit like the plague, and my warrior cringes at haste gear. In a world where primary stats are no longer king, this is a big issue.

Warlocks also arguably have the most complete "toolset" for every fight baked into the class. They get high mobility with demonic circle/teleport and portals, Fel Flame to generate resources when they HAVE to move, the choice to use a pet or not along with pet abilities that offer insane utility on most fights (interrupt while casting, mass dispel, etc) and arguably the least "filler" talents of any class...everything is useful on a fight. Add this to battle rez, healthstones, and the crazy DPS they do as destro/afflic and it's easy to see why Blizz is going to take a giant dump on them in WoD.

I've just found it much, much easier to do high DPS as destro than with any other spec except assassination rogue, and not having to be in melee makes it a no-brainer which of those I prefer.

It is not a difficult spec to get good results with. If it's not the easiest, surely, at least there's nothing else that's easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Krillen View Post
    Okay, Yeah and Maybe, have been trolling in every forum they go into, please do not listen to what any of them have to say as they have misleading info which they cant and wont back up. This is potentially confusing new players which, genuine players are trying to help with the game.
    Yep what this guy said. Would love to see his IP get banned. Some of the things he has said which you guys may have missed:

His guild progressed all the bosses in SoO heroic in 3-5 attempts (including the last three 3), they didn't want to attract attention so they waited a couple of weeks for other guilds to clear it first.
    His guild doesn't log because they already know they play at skill cap.
    In 570 ilvl gear, you should be sustaining 600k single target.
    Warlocks are crap, priests are better.

Plus some others I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Yep what this guy said. Would love to see his IP get banned. Some of the things he has said which you guys may have missed:

His guild progressed all the bosses in SoO heroic in 3-5 attempts (including the last three 3), they didn't want to attract attention so they waited a couple of weeks for other guilds to clear it first.
    His guild doesn't log because they already know they play at skill cap.
    In 570 ilvl gear, you should be sustaining 600k single target.
    Warlocks are crap, priests are better.

Plus some others I can't remember.
    Maybe she's born with it.

OT: I've been gearing my Warlock out and having a Priest and Mage at near full BiS, it's kind of ridiculous how much damage I can pull. It's not even exclusive to gear; I recently did 9/9 CMs as Destro and it's kind of silly how much utility one class can bring.

[ twitch ][ Elhaym#1731 if you have any questions ]

hunters are more op than locks imo. yes affliction is a tad high cause of some situational multidotting (fallen protectors). but hey most hunters are pushing or doing comparable damage. im not saying locks suck, but they are decently in line with other classes 1v1 dps specs.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    hunters are more op than locks imo. yes affliction is a tad high cause of some situational multidotting (fallen protectors). but hey most hunters are pushing or doing comparable damage. im not saying locks suck, but they are decently in line with other classes 1v1 dps specs.
    You're kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Yes warlocks are insane right now. They are good on single target fights, they are good on multi-target fight and they have great raid utility.
    Pretty much it. They are just very strong in self preservation, many sorts of DPS situations, and have great and unique raid utility. I wouldn't consider any specific category OP, but all together they need to be brought down some notches (which appears they are for WoD).