Should i change my UI ?

I am used to playing WoW with the default UI and just basic addons for timers and stuff. But alot of vids i see some people have crazy addons and a weird UI setup and they actually do good with it. Now i know its stupid but hey, i cant stand more of SoO i wanna do something else.

Balance druids for example, can anyone tell me the addons needed to play them? Not just the basic ones, but the addons that are deep into it ya know.

If you can do your job and find the default or your own setup provides what you want to know, then there is no need to change it.
    Figure out what your needs are, not focusing on a consistent or "pretty" look.
    That can come later.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    I am used to playing WoW with the default UI and just basic addons for timers and stuff. But alot of vids i see some people have crazy addons and a weird UI setup and they actually do good with it. Now i know its stupid but hey, i cant stand more of SoO i wanna do something else.

Balance druids for example, can anyone tell me the addons needed to play them? Not just the basic ones, but the addons that are deep into it ya know.
    So, I think you actually have the right answer! Sometimes folks come here and are all "I just started playing my balance druid, can someone tell me what addons I need?", and my answer is always "what *problem* are you trying to solve?

Now, for me, I use IceHUD because it solves a specific problem: I actually track the status of things like DoTs on my target, or enemy health, or whatever, when they sit right there in the center of the screen, rather than on an icon or whatever. I, personally, find that tracking curved bar thingy very effective at communicating what I need to know.

If you have the same problem -- tracking eclipse state, or dots, or whatevs -- maybe that is useful to you. If you don't, or you find it more distracting than helpful, then it would be a terrible answer.

So, the addons you *need* to do this? None. Addons that might help once you have a specific issue? Plenty. Figure out the problem first and come back with "I find it hard to X", and we can help the pants off you, as it were, solving that problem.