Deleted

Boss/trashes changing their focus without any reason

Hi everyone !

I experienced several times and in different situations an annoying problem :

I'm tanking a boss or trashes, I'm first by far in threat (in Omen and in the wow threat meter).
    Suddenly, without any taunt from someone, the boss/trash runs directly to another character (can be the other tank or another player).

It happened on Nazgrim during 1 try and also during several dungeons.

I can't explain why it occurred.
    It is not a problem of not being in def stance, nor having a threat reduction on me.

Have you ever experienced this problem - bug - in all types of environment ?

Thanks a lot.
    Andrul

What's your ilvl? I'm assuming Nazgrim LFR difficulty? Do you happen to use Glyph of Subtle Defender in your off-spec? Do you know how geared the other tank / player who pulled off you were?

I honestly haven't used Omen since TBC so I don't know how accurate it really is but I'd wager you were either accidently BoP'd, your gear level compared to whoever is pulling off you is pretty vast and thus you're experiencing legitimate threat problems(big problem during tank swaps in my experience, such as Nazgrim thanks to vengeance), or you're experiencing a bug with Glyph of Subtle Defender (though this is unlikely in this case I think, it's VERY noticeable, as you'll lose threat on basically everything all the time) which keeps the non-threat part of the glyph active when you switch specs and don't refresh defensive stance.

Deleted
    Actually, it was during Nazgrim normal difficulty.
    Was around 550 ilvl and all my raid had around that ilvl also (was 2nd or 3rd week we killed him).
    I do use Glyph of Subtle Defender on my off-spec but I'm pretty sure I haven't change spec for a long time before the fight, neither changed my stance (I play like 99% of the time Prot).

I should add that it did not occur directly after a tank swap, but like 10-15 seconds after (the other tank was already far in order to tank the adds, leading Nazgrim to run in the entire room...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you rule out a pally healer accidentally using HoP on you?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Did you rule out a pally healer accidentally using HoP on you?
    Nope.
    That's the strange part, we didn't have any threat reduction in the raid, and in all threat meters (Omen, WoW basic one) I was first by far.

Even when I taunted (which normally balance the threat), using as usual my abilities, the boss returned on another people after 6 sec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    BoP doesn't remove your threat; It acts as a temporary threat suppressant.

If you get BoP'd, you retain your standing on threat meters. But mobs who melee immediately switch targets because you've become immune. (With the exception of mobs who fixate.) Once BoP runs out, mobs who were ignoring your threat table start paying attention to it again.
    We don't have pally in our raid comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrul View Post
    Hi everyone !

I experienced several times and in different situations an annoying problem :

I'm tanking a boss or trashes, I'm first by far in threat (in Omen and in the wow threat meter).
    Suddenly, without any taunt from someone, the boss/trash runs directly to another character (can be the other tank or another player).

It happened on Nazgrim during 1 try and also during several dungeons.

I can't explain why it occurred.
    It is not a problem of not being in def stance, nor having a threat reduction on me.

Have you ever experienced this problem - bug - in all types of environment ?

Thanks a lot.
    Andrul
    Do said targets attack said players or just turn? If the former it sounds like something is going on outside of normal Fixate mechanics. If the later then that's not too surprising as bosses are currently coded to turn so that they're facing the target they want to apply a debuff.

Deleted
    The only time i saw something similar that was repeatable was back when MSV was current content. On 1st boss on hc, we were using our resto druid to roar and give speed boost to ranged for the baddles. When he was going bear-roar the 1 or 2 dogies (so he wasnt taunting or anything) would run off me and go to him ><

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some static positioned bosses tend to hit random people if no tank is in reach. Doesnt count for Nazgrim tho. if you can rule out bubbles and taunts from other people I cannot explain that, for I have never witnessed similar stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Do said targets attack said players or just turn? If the former it sounds like something is going on outside of normal Fixate mechanics. If the later then that's not too surprising as bosses are currently coded to turn so that they're facing the target they want to apply a debuff.
    The boss litteraly ran to the other guy, who was far from him, and started to attack him (and that's not the Heroic Leap ability).

I'm sure that we didn't have any threat reduction/suppressant, that's why I really think it was a bug and I wanted to know if any people also experimented it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    The only time i saw something similar that was repeatable was back when MSV was current content. On 1st boss on hc, we were using our resto druid to roar and give speed boost to ranged for the baddles. When he was going bear-roar the 1 or 2 dogies (so he wasnt taunting or anything) would run off me and go to him ><
    My case sounds very similar to yours !

I've seen it come up when tanking the Kunchongs on the Paragons encounter on heroic. It doesn't happen often, there's no way to duplicate it, it was just random. He turned and beat on two rogues and then went back to me.

I've had it happen on siegecraft where the tank had surefire threat and then all of a sudden siegecraft melees me and gibs me. Doubt anything fishy could have happened because the tank didn't say anything, and I'm sure he would have noticed if he actually got HOP'ed or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would you happen to have a log of said raid night? To be honest the only answer you will find without logs is a human error on some ones part or a bad try at a joke to make you shit bricks.

log's however would show exactly what happened!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild tanks 25 with a Pally and a Warr and i have heard the Pally complaining about some bosses and mobs in SoO randomly leaving him to attack someone else, usually kill them and then go back to the Pally. Been a few weeks now I've heard him bitching about it, usually on Naz or Paragons. Other tank is not taunting off, the Warr or Rogue that usually dies is not taunting, the Rogue can't anyway... i know hes been really annoyed with it, the vent rage is awesome.

Deleted
    I have seen Nazgrim do it months ago, a couple of times. I'm sure there was nothing wrong (happen to had it recorded, and there were logs of it back then), so yes, it sometimes goes crazy and ignores aggro. Nothing you can do, though it should be a very very strange ocurrence.

Are you using lock portals?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen only Thok doing this, after the Blood Rage phase ends he needs to be taunted back to the tanks who still have the threat on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrul View Post
    Actually, it was during Nazgrim normal difficulty.
    Was around 550 ilvl and all my raid had around that ilvl also (was 2nd or 3rd week we killed him).
    I do use Glyph of Subtle Defender on my off-spec but I'm pretty sure I haven't change spec for a long time before the fight, neither changed my stance (I play like 99% of the time Prot).

I should add that it did not occur directly after a tank swap, but like 10-15 seconds after (the other tank was already far in order to tank the adds, leading Nazgrim to run in the entire room...).
    There is a bug with the sub defender glyph. If you are in your offspec with the glyph and are sitting in defense stance and you switch specs, your defense stance threat will be nerfed until you switch out of it and back into it (it retains the glyphed threat until you switch stances)