Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It's a parasite that wraps itself around your cerebric, mindcontrols you and then lays eggs into your brain, once the larvas hatch they will eat your brain and you die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Uh...hm.

Was it an earwig? They can vary in color but usually are golden/black.

With wings open:

Closed:

Ugh my fucking skin is crawling.
    THOSE LITTLE BASTARDS CAN FLY?!?!?

I've only seen them crawl. You know why they call them earwigs right? /shudders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    THOSE LITTLE BASTARDS CAN FLY?!?!?

I've only seen them crawl. You know why they call them earwigs right? /shudders
    It is a common myth that earwigs crawl into the human ear and lay eggs in the brain.
    Finding earwigs in the human ear is rare, as most species do not fly and prefer dark and damp areas (such as basements) rather than typical bedrooms

http://books.google.com/books?id=FOl...20myth&f=false
    http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/bugear.asp
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I know you said it's not an ant but Florida Carpenter Ant fits your description fairly well apart from the antennas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It is a common myth that earwigs crawl into the human ear and lay eggs in the brain.
    Finding earwigs in the human ear is rare, as most species do not fly and prefer dark and damp areas (such as basements) rather than typical bedrooms

http://books.google.com/books?id=FOl...20myth&f=false
    http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/bugear.asp
    The laying eggs part I know is a myth, but the crawling into the ear thing sounds plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

It also might help to know where the OP is. That way we might be able to eliminate some insects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    The laying eggs part I know is a myth, but the crawling into the ear thing sounds plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

It also might help to know where the OP is. That way we might be able to eliminate some insects.
    yeah, we've asked him that twice already..
    I did on page 1, someone else on page 2... So far, no location lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Was it this?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limoniidae

Alt. Photo:

Uh...hm.

With wings open:

Closed:

Holy shit, earwings can fucking fly? AFK to shoot self now. We can't seem to get rid of the ugly buggers. And we have our house sprayed by a company!!
    omg...fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh...hm.

With wings open:

Closed:

All my life, I never knew earwigs had fucking WINGS.

I will NOT be sleeping easy tonight -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Okay!

http://i.imgur.com/zBMu7og.png

I did my best...
    lol I like it.

Maybe it's been suggested by now, but if they're still somewhat ant-like with a segmented body then perhaps they are flying ants? I think flying termites have a straight waist if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    I know you said it's not an ant but Florida Carpenter Ant fits your description fairly well apart from the antennas.
    If that is a match I would look into getting someone to inspect the place. (And save one in a container for them to see.) Simple little pest ants are one thing, but if it's carpenter ants that have made a home in the structure of the house that may not be good given their wood-chewy nature. :\

P.S. Thanks for the earwig nightmares. Could think of worse, but not by much...
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-05-18 at 03:33 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please help me identify this creature! I don't have pictures, sorry.

Somewhat long skinny body. The first half of it's body is like a like a dark golden color. The ass part of it's body is kinda brown or almost black looking. There were some with wings, the wings were slightly longer than the body. Then there were some with no wings. They're about the size an ant, but they're not ants as I know what ants look like!

I found them around my hallway light. There was only two that were flying and then maybe 3 to 5 without wings. I want to say they're termites and they very well may be, but from the pictures I could find of each species of termites, the ones I found don't really match any of the pictures.
    I don't know where you live, but it sounds very much like swarming ants. The drones and future queens of new colonies swarm in certain periods of the year, and can literally fill the air around their nests.

It could also be a wasp. They come in many, many shapes. You know, those little vicious bastards that put their eggs inside other insects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    All in good faith bro, the drawing was just so hillarious Not saying I could do any better myself! Would probably be worse! But man, you made me laugh. Here, have a cookie:

Stop adding these bloody images to your responces. Stick on topic.

well... since i can't post any links or images yet, i'm not that usefull... however i did searched for it, as there are some bugs "like" the one you drawed around here. i found some bugs that like flying around light sources all over the place... they are termites that may be from Kalotermitidae or Rhinotermitidae families, as those are families that live around my region able to fly(not sure if other cant fly, but i found no picture of them with wings). note that they only fly on a certain period of the year and wen they do, they fly like there is no tomorow until they eventualy lose their wings... maybe something related to the season.
    people call them "aleluia" or "siriri" around here, so you may find pictures of them if you google those names too..

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Stop adding these bloody images to your responces. Stick on topic.
    Guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Okay!

http://i.imgur.com/zBMu7og.png

I did my best...

LOL! I died. Might be a mayfly.