Deleted

Braum's winrate is 55%

And his banrate is almost 60% http://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/champions/braum
    Does that means he is OP ?
    He doesn't seem so to me.

Thoughts ?

I was going to write about how I hadn't had a Braum on the other team that did well or the team itself just got stomped, while I was waiting for a game to load. But then I played against a Braum as Leona and got stomped. My impression after that game is a lane Braum punishes melee/short range champs (both marksman and support) and hard engages (ex. Leona, Annie, Vayne, Sivir?). I would assume more passive/scaling and/or champs with protection/disengage abilities (Thresh, Morgana, Soraka, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Lucian, Jinx?, Twitch?) would work better since you don't really want to fight Braum. Team-fight wise I think it depends on if they hit the ult (kind of hard not to) and on how many targets (for the passive). The shield is also useful for blocking a lot of burst if used correctly. If the shield is burned early, though, it should be easy enough to disengage (if playing against) and then reengage when it's gone so key abilities don't get blocked.

I am high Silver 1 so take what I say with a grain of salt.

People just don't know how to vs him. He's not really OP

10+ Year Old Account
    He ruined current support meta favorite, he isn't problem with the old supports like Janna/Soraka/Sona, but he screw Leona/Thresh hard

Braum is extremely strong at protection, which is what he's supposed to do.

His main "weakness" (eh not really, but it's what he's not as good at) is that he has trouble going on the offensive if he can't land his Q. Basically, if you play safe against Braum, he kind of has to play safe against you, and the lane turns into a farm lane. Unfortunately this is simply impossible as an all-in support like Taric, Leona, or Alistar who are completely useless if they're not fighting and have to stay up in Braum's Q range to have any kind of presence.

Personally I think his biggest problem is that he does way too much damage at low levels. The stun and the rest of his utility are okay, but his Q hits harder than most other support Qs that primarily do damage because it is a skillshot. If you go all in on Braum and he starts AAing and Qing on cooldown, you're likely going to lose because he's as tanky as other tank supports, but does as much damage as poke supports. The fact that I could jungle Braum with high attack speed and clear pretty reasonably shows that his passive's damage and the health scaling on his Q are probably too high.

His utility is great and he's very fun, but he probably shouldn't be doing Karma damage with Leona tankiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Braum is strong, but I don't believe he is that OP. although his Q does do a decent amount of poke for a tank support, then again thresh flay can also hit you for decent amounts. As well, I think his hard counter in lane is morgana, every time I see braum, I go right for her. Not only can I dish back more damage onto him and his ADC for harass but the black shield will stop the Q slow and stun/stun damage and as well his ult knock up/slow.

Then again, I may be vs alot of bad braums as well.
    "God Gave us a pinky so we can sprint and crouch."

I find unconventional supports wreck him, for example, a good Vel'Koz (with a good pokey marksman like Varus or Ez). Force all your poke onto Braum and he can't do anything without giving away a kill.

Interesting question though, is there a potential support that can out all-in Braum? Lee-Sin perhaps, maybe even Riven? I wonder if a double dunk master bottom lane would beat him.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2014-05-19 at 09:48 AM.
    RETH

Braum is just like any other support. He's got strengths and weaknesses, counters things and gets countered by other things. Give it a little while, once he's done making waves from being the new kid on the block everything will mellow out.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a counter-engage support who is doing very well on breaking the highly aggressive thresh, morgana, leona dominance in support. If you aren't a hyperaggressive engage duo, his kit really doesn't lend much besides throwing ice at you and waiting for the jungler. Also, a lot of his strength comes from his novelty, which probably impacts bot lane more than anywhere else as people learn how/when to engage on a braum/adc properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    He's a counter-engage support who is doing very well on breaking the highly aggressive thresh, morgana, leona dominance in support. If you aren't a hyperaggressive engage duo, his kit really doesn't lend much besides throwing ice at you and waiting for the jungler. Also, a lot of his strength comes from his novelty, which probably impacts bot lane more than anywhere else as people learn how/when to engage on a braum/adc properly.
    Pretty much this. Many of the older supports do very well against him, like Janna and Sona. Lulu is good too. He shits on people like Thresh though, which is why he's considered so overpowered. Braum basically counters the current support meta and people haven't adapted to it yet.

Deleted
    He's new, so it's normal. I wouldn't consider him OP nor UP.

I deal with him pretty easly as Zyra support (he can't block her root). Just place your seeds behind his shield!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    This. I played with a braum as vayne and he was hyper aggressive vs enemy varus/baum and it ended up backfiring a lot and getting him killed. We would have had a lot more success if he played defensive and was reactive at blocking varus's and ebraum's skillshots while helping me keep the lane pushed/out of our turret. Ended up losing hard and it was impossible to farm with varus's range.