How to fix shaman talent tiers and mobility in one go.

So I thought of a really easy solution...

Give us the entire totem tier baseline, give us the mage tier 1 abilities renamed shamanly.

All of those talents would get used by all shaman specs in various situations. Ele requires no further changes to deal with movement... we could even lose SWG and just use ice floes.

This doesn't address EB and the horribleness that is our 100 pt talents but there's probably no hope for them anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    So I thought of a really easy solution...

Give us the entire totem tier baseline, give us the mage tier 1 abilities renamed shamanly.

All of those talents would get used by all shaman specs in various situations. Ele requires no further changes to deal with movement... we could even lose SWG and just use ice floes.

This doesn't address EB and the horribleness that is our 100 pt talents but there's probably no hope for them anyway...
    I think copying some other class talents is not a great solution...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    I think copying some other class talents is not a great solution...
    Agreed, but to a point, every ability is somewhat based off of another so you do get the odd clipping here and there. I think Shaman would benefit the most from a mobility tier that consists of a Paladin-related (Long of the Law, but for Shocks), Druid-related (Displacer Beast, but not as strong) and Monk (Transcendance)/Warlock-related (Demonic Portal) Tier.

I dont know the mage talents give great options, SWG in charge form, they could still call it SWG and this build is far superior, FAR SUPERIOR to the garbage version we have. A burst of speed for irregular but high movement fights, and evanesence for just dodging the mechanics on the spot which also gives us a 'solo soak' ability (btw, the most overpowered addition to WoD by far). These can all be used to high effect by all 3 specs and could easily be modified to fit shaman themes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep the totem tier imo, but I would like to see the talents more viable. Call of elements is somewhat optimal in arena. Totemic projection has its "few" uses and the other one is rarely used. I think they should make the +5% base health to totems a talent instead of a glyph with something a little extra (totems last 15% longer, ect). It seems too cookie cutter atm which was against blizzards vision in MoP when switching to the new talent system.

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    I dont know the mage talents give great options, SWG in charge form, they could still call it SWG and this build is far superior, FAR SUPERIOR to the garbage version we have. A burst of speed for irregular but high movement fights, and evanesence for just dodging the mechanics on the spot which also gives us a 'solo soak' ability (btw, the most overpowered addition to WoD by far). These can all be used to high effect by all 3 specs and could easily be modified to fit shaman themes.
    Also what are you basing your ideas on; are you talking about pvp or pve? You have to think outside of your class, situation, and spec and put yourself in the shoes of how this might effect other classes and the game itself. From a pvp perspective my experience playing resto, facing resto, and playing with resto shamans, I have come to the conclusion that they are one of the strongest healers. 3v3 ladders show that they are the most played healer as well. And as we know from the past, blizzzard will nerf the whole shaman class if resto is imbalanced(not being able to cast totem when silenced comes to mind). Swapping the totem tier with the mage tier would cause balance issues in pvp, even though it would be helpful in pve. Need to elaborate more. Why should we get ice floes, why do we need a sprint, presence of mind as well as ancestral swiftness, how would this affect arena and rbg, does shaman not have enough uptime, if we do get these changes what will we lose?

Deleted
    Flowing totems. Bring the class to 2014 standards, please.

Tbf, shaman has a sprint