Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

When do I give up my 4-set bonus from LFR gear for 553 crafteds? (Resto)

I've been playing a bit of my Resto Druid lately, and ended up getting enough pieces this week to get my 4-set bonus. I currently have the shoulders, chest, legs, and hands that make up my 4-set. I don't have all that much experience with playing a Resto Druid as it isn't my main, so I figured I'd ask here. Should I give up my 4-set bonus in exchange for 553 ilvl gear? I already have the 553 belt, so I'd be replacing Legwraps of the Shattered Vale with Pennyroyal Leggings if it's worth it.

Mind you, my resto druid experience is rather limited, but just from looking at the bonus I'd say it somewhat depends on your playstlye. The 4 set-bonus is like a ~10% increase to your wild growth healing. If it's worth for you to lose out on that for slightly more overall healing go for it.

Try to get the 13.3k haste from reforges and gemming and you won't need the 4-set at all. Trust me as i have a 565 ilvl resto OS and i healed Thok HC like 20 times

Deleted
    Personally, I am not a great fan of the 4 piece. I raid 25 man and on most fight it was providing 3-4% of my healing, and thus thus wasn't great. I replaced the head and gloves with 2 off-pieces(head from sha & gloves from spoils).

Deleted
    The extra ~20 ilvls are worth it I would say. 4p only does about 3-4% of our healing, so if you can gain that many extra stats from gear instead of that, it's usually a good choice.