10+ Year Old Account

Question Help with RMD, 2,1k mmr

Hello, as the title says, I am in need of constructive help. I've started playing RMD as the Druid 3 weeks ago, first time ever. For now I am sitting at around 2,1k mmr/rating, but want to get at least 2,2k. What am I doing wrong in the video? Also help with what my teammates should be doing would be greatly appreciated as well.

http://youtu.be/Hb2NQ8KizC8

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    cant tell if srs or not. (insert Fry image here)

first clip was pretty much the perfect match for you considering it was a counter comp that could wreck your mage in seconds.

second clip was also very well done. considering you didnt get an opener and tsg is also another counter comp that will train the mage into the ground. all team members did good with peeling for each other as much as possible.

third clip you could, and should have played alot closer to the pillar for los.

4th clip was auto win cuz u got the rogue out, same as first clip.

5th clip took a while for you to put out any pressure on the enemy rdruid until the very end.

overall i would play with enemy frames up for better awareness and that might help give u that extra 100 rating you want. no enemy frames made it hard for me to tell who was where half the time.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, that was the kind of input I was hoping to get. I've worked hard these past two weeks to get my gameplay up to a better level, mostly by watching my recorded vids.
    I can't see everything I do, and I can't know if someone does stuff better than I do.

By enemy unit frames, you mean name plates or? I should get an addon for that, since I really hate it when i meet KFC or something, and suddenly there is like 20 plates up for all their totems/pets during stampede...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feddian View Post
    By enemy unit frames, you mean name plates or? I should get an addon for that, since I really hate it when i meet KFC or something, and suddenly there is like 20 plates up for all their totems/pets during stampede...
    You should be able to configure the addon to your liking (to not show totems/pets).

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be doing fine, but a suggestion I will make is that you should make macros to target your enemies and your allies, it's a lot easier than clicking them, and you'll notice the result as well.

Just use nameplates for the enemies (and allies if you wish), disregarding pets and totems. You should be able to do fine with just names for everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I've got some comments that my positioning is bad. That I stand in the open for too long. However, I found that if i play defensive, pillar-hump or just max range, I can't get to play as agressive as my teammates would like. All things considered, finding a good place to stand is often a problem for me.

Deleted
    Also, I've got some comments that my positioning is bad. That I stand in the open for too long. However, I found that if i play defensive, pillar-hump or just max range, I can't get to play as agressive as my teammates would like. All things considered, finding a good place to stand is often a problem for me.
    You don't need to stand at the pillar all the time, the problem is that when you stand in the open the whole game, the opponents don't have to waste resources on getting cc on you.. The more the opponent has to do to get the cc on you, the better. You could pretty much just Stand at the pillar, get the fast cast and then quickly walk out while still staying in LoS for the hunter (or any class with instant cc) While getting a quick cyclone on the healer. I also think your teammates could work on taking traps more. If both you and the mage think about staying in Blink range from eachother (the distance blink travels) he could blink and take all traps!

Deleted
    You need to turn off error speech. I would go crazy if I heard "I can't cast that yet" "that spell isn't ready yet" all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

btw I don't get why you ask for help in what you do wrong but you link a video of winning games, wouldn't losses be more useful to see where you go wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnoe View Post
    You need to turn off error speech. I would go crazy if I heard "I can't cast that yet" "that spell isn't ready yet" all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

btw I don't get why you ask for help in what you do wrong but you link a video of winning games, wouldn't losses be more useful to see where you go wrong.
    Yeah, you're right... Sad thing is, only recorded losses I had were the ones vs some really angry russian PHP 2,2k team who would pop everything in the first second and force block from the mage, then just kill him 10 seconds later. :/ We had no strategy vs that...

Thanks for your input guys btw, I have already turned off error speech, bound my party frames and even made party dispel macros. Now I just have to practice!

Btw, my mage usually does blink the traps. Most of the time it doesn't really work, since traps are very moody.

Deleted
    Btw, my mage usually does blink the traps. Most of the time it doesn't really work, since traps are very moody.
    That's great, just remember that it is up to you aswell to not stand too far away, nor too close to him when hunter has scatter off cooldown If you're quick, you can usually blink traps even if they activate quickly, but it takes practise! (And as i said, it takes the right distance!)

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

yes just enemy name plates. i really like the addon "tidyplates" i have extra things like totems and stuff turned off.

if your teams strat is for you to get close and play aggressive, that is the general idea(ive never played rmd/rmp but i know that the healer does need to take a very aggressive stance for cyclones/fears). but atleast in the context of the 3rd video all the fighting was right there next to you still and you could have placed yourself closer to the pillars more and at the same time been very close to the action. but it worked out in the end.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2014-05-19 at 07:53 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.