Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Next living story will add more permanet content

According to this reddit thread the next living story will add more permanent content. ANet employee Lady Avant answered a few questions ingame, which give more information than most interviews we've seen in the last couple of weeks.

For example, there is a team working on end-game gear progression now and they have enough content in the works to release an expansion, but might release it like they have in the past.

Full Q&As in the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    For example, there is a team working on end-game gear progression now
    WTF does that mean?
    1. There is no end-game
    2. I DO NOT WANT GEAR PROGRESSION!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    and they have enough content in the works to release an expansion, but might release it like they have in the past.
    Heard that before...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, everything said should be taken with a grain of salt. Gear progression could mean anything, ppl on reddit thought it could be something like ascend jewelcrafting or maybe ascend runes and sigils.

I don't want gear progression either. Hell, I still have exotic stuff in nearly all slots.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

I imagine gear progression is ascended jewelcrafting or maybe some sort of legendary accessory or backpack. It can also mean they plan to do more things like the Spinal Blade backpack, which had its own form of progression in order to create the ascended version. Precursor quest is gear progression as well.

No that's gear attainment, not progression.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Given that she said that they "have a dedicated team working on end-game gear progression, that is all [she] can say" in response to comments about shield aesthetics, this appears to be about looks rather than stats. I also doubt that an ArenaNet employee would just casually indicate a major change in the game's focus in an offhand reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I disagree with alot of their decisions I do think they are pretty awesome to be talking and hanging out with people in game. I wish more companies did this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    As much as I disagree with alot of their decisions I do think they are pretty awesome to be talking and hanging out with people in game. I wish more companies did this
    tabula rasa had it.. but it was usually around the time of a new update

I wonder if the gear progression is just different levels of infusions. wooden potatoes was talking about that in his video podcast

God no more vertical gear progression please. Stats don't make things interesting.

Enough content for an expansion I call BS. Remember south sun first release? LOL yea expansion sure...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    WTF does that mean?
    1. There is no end-game
    There is no PVE endgame currently. But there is nothing to like stop Anet from adding one.

Besides, the way the question was answered in the chat screencap could be interpreted many ways.

To be fair, the addition of Ascended gear was catching all other forms of equipment up to the power ceiling of Legendary weaponry(as well as additional monetization of the game)and even that brought a lot of controversy with it. I don't think ANet is going to invalidate the acquisition of these items by pushing the stat budgets higher. I think going forward we might see more things like the Spinal Blade Pack, where you can upgrade an item to better stats via the MF, and further customize things with shiny effects and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    WTF does that mean?
    1. There is no end-game

Heard that before...
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    To be fair, the addition of Ascended gear was catching all other forms of equipment up to the power ceiling of Legendary weaponry(as well as additional monetization of the game)and even that brought a lot of controversy with it. I don't think ANet is going to invalidate the acquisition of these items by pushing the stat budgets higher. I think going forward we might see more things like the Spinal Blade Pack, where you can upgrade an item to better stats via the MF, and further customize things with shiny effects and whatnot.
    Actually, Legendary was the same power as exotic. Ascended just added another tier of power above that.

Ascended gear was probably the greatest waste of time in their development. It added extremely little to the game, pissed people off, lost them players, and didn't keep "progression" players. It's just this big old pointless grind that exists within the game, being only relevant to high level fractals.

Deleted
    maybe some kind of upgrading existing gear for new looks
    not like transmuting the looks but joining few items to gain new looks which will be legendary or something

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    It's just this big old pointless grind that exists within the game, being only relevant to high level fractals.
    Which you can no longer access...

Deleted
    gear progression like the pre cursor "quest / craft" line or like just cosmetic stuff or even maybe a grear treadmill? i hope its not the latest

Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    even maybe a grear treadmill? i hope its not the latest
    I seriously doubt that it is this. While they have made some mistakes (don't start Zephyr) they certainly know that their playerbase wouldn't stand for this.

Well the did mention Legendary Armor last year and then decided to push it back to this year. So that might be what she meant.

personally hope that legendary just stays with weapons. if they have to make armor legendary, hopefully it is just the same stat levels as ascended but with the addition that one can mix around the stat combinations like they can with the legendary weapons