Best way to monitor my energy capping?

Hey all,

Just wondering if there is a best method, trick, or add-on that will help me better track my energy capping.

I've read enough to understand that haste is great so long as you're not speccing beyond your ability as a player to use all your energy, but it can be hard to keep an eye on this in game. I've created TMW warnings that I'm capped, as well as TMW priority buttons that prioritize Jab and/or Chi Brew whenever I have enough energy and 2 or less Chi orbs, and all of this has helped me to be more conscious of when to use my energy, but I'd love a way to look back at a fight and see just how much time I spent capped so that I have a bar to improve on, and to better judge the right amount of haste for me.

Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat logging. Warcraft logs has some great graphs to check stuff like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Combat logging. Warcraft logs has some great graphs to check stuff like that.
    If you do use WarcraftLogs for your logging (and you should, IMO), make sure to enable advanced combat logging under settings > network. Without that enabled, you can't track chi or energy.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't personally handle logs for my team but I think I'll start.