Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Favorite hunter spec

I was a bit bored and got curious as to what everyone's favorite hunter spec is and why.
    Suppose i'll got first my fav spec is BM because RNGesus hates me when I play SV.

Beast Mastery, it does more damage.. That's about it. And I guess SV just feels underpowered to me cuz the 4pc (while strong) just feels so weak. Nothing engaging bout spamming one button.

Deleted
    I like SV currently because I played BM most of this expac and it got stale. Plus, it's always nice to get procs, I enjoy those kind of specs.

Deleted
    4 piece SV is too RNG for my liking so sometime you, do good deeps and sometimes you do shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeblue View Post
    4 piece SV is too RNG for my liking so sometime you, do good deeps and sometimes you do shit.
    Well, to be fair if you play properly you will always do good dps regardless of RNG, it's gonna vary of course but it isn't exactly Shit dps/Amazing dps.

I levelled as BM, and when I hit 90 I decided to play Marksman as I figured it would be the long-range sniper style of play.. I was sadly disappointed, and went back to BM. It just feels more enjoyable to me, plus i'm surrounded with SV hunters so it's nice to be unique.

Similar to what Azo said though i'm inclined to play whichever brings the most damage at that given time, since raiding doesn't really have much individual glory :P

I enjoyed MM back in Wrath. . . never getting that back. I missed Armor Pen. . . the bleed damage were insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blazeblue View Post
    Pray to RNGesus before every pull and hope he'll give you the greatest procs. I think the highest I've gotten in a row (while keeping up BA) is at least 16.

With the current T16 4pc bonus, Surv is definitely my favorite. (It's not as RNG as people say; you have to know how to play around it.) I enjoy MM at times too.

Generally, I don't like BM. It's mind-numbingly simple- and to have such a great portion of your damage coming from your pet feels rather unrewarding. Still, because BM is so powerful on some fights, I use it around half the time.

Deleted
    BM is a complicated spec, survival is a faceroll spec but MM is just right in the middle

Deleted
    MM, as it's more physical-bow-oriented. I don't like Survival much. Could consider BM as the 2nd spec, but definitely MM as the main.

10+ Year Old Account
    MM cause of wrath, second fav is SV... never liked BM just because of the reliance on your pet for most of ur damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    With the current T16 4pc bonus, Surv is definitely my favorite. (It's not as RNG as people say; you have to know how to play around it.) I enjoy MM at times too.

Generally, I don't like BM. It's mind-numbingly simple- and to have such a great portion of your damage coming from your pet feels rather unrewarding. Still, because BM is so powerful on some fights, I use it around half the time.
    how do you play around getting between 1-8 random explosive shots >.>?

BM is currently fun for me, 900k+ KC crits on the opener make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    how do you play around getting between 1-8 random explosive shots >.>?

BM is currently fun for me, 900k+ KC crits on the opener make me happy.
    Goat sacrifices

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    With the current T16 4pc bonus, Surv is definitely my favorite. (It's not as RNG as people say; you have to know how to play around it.)
    Lol'd

"Not as RNG"? Either it procs or it doesn't. If it procs you spam the same button. What's there to "play around"? What makes it less mind-numbingly simple than BM? Let's be real.

Deleted
    I can't even pick a favorite spec... I love and have uses for them all. I primarily PVP, though I do casually run LFR and solo a lot of old content. I always keep my MM spec for PVP and swap out the 2nd spec between BM and SV. Would use tri spec on a regular basis.

Survival. Because i have to. Most fights require aoe damage and SV does a good job. But i would like to play MM instead. I find it more entertaining than BM and SV. I guess we will have a ''playable'' MM spec in WoD. So i am planning to make it my primary spec.

Deleted
    BM mostly thanks to BW. I just love that whack-a-mole CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Beast Mastery, it does more damage.
    Basically, this. I enjoy doing the most damage that I can more than each individual spec, especially when all the hunter ones are so same-y.
    Retired hunter

Survival for me. I can't stand pet pathing and AI issues. I haven't played MM all xpac.