Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    According to the report, the 36,007 individuals released represented nearly 88,000 convictions, including:
    i may be wrong but...
    sounds to me there are 88k total crimes which include ---blahblah--

it doesn't say those released were convicted of any of those crimes, could be they were just arrested for being here illegally in which case i'm fine with it.
    i dislike obama, but seems that article was just written to scare people and make them afraid(fearmongering)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    According to the report, the 36,007 individuals released represented nearly 88,000 convictions
    or you could be misreading that also, could be out of 88k convictions, only 36k were released leaving some odd 44k in prisons.

ehh reading article
    edit again;

ehh i was misreading it, but you did forget to post:
    The ICE issued a statement in response to the report, saying that most of the individuals described in the report were released under restrictions, such as GPS monitoring, telephone monitoring, supervision or surety bond.

The organizations said that in some cases, the ICE was required by law to release the individuals from custody.
    so they are being watched, monitored etc, and they aren't eatting up taxpayer money sitting in a cell (electricity water food, personnel costs)
    Last edited by Christan; 2014-05-20 at 04:25 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That isn't even necessarily what happened.

It could be that there was someone from, say, Hungary*, who had been convicted of a sexual assault in Hungary 20 years ago, had done his time, and had been a model citizen ever since, if he was in the US illegally, he'd be the kind of person who'd show up with a sexual assault conviction.

There's nothing in the report that states the crimes in question were committed in the USA.

*Hungary picked because I wanted a country that doesn't have any other surrounding issues with regards to US immigration, so we get that bias out of the way to demonstrate the point.
    the average re-conviction rate for rapists is 19% so of those 426 rapist about 80 will rape again

also does a murder in another country make it less offensive then if it was done in the US
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2014-05-20 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the average re-conviction rate for rapists is 19% so of those 426 rapist about 80 will rape again

also does a murder in another country make it less offensive then if it was done in the US
    We're not in the habit of preemptively convicting people in the civilized world, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post

so they are being watched, monitored etc, and they aren't eatting up taxpayer money sitting in a cell (electricity water food, personnel costs)
    Only 25% ever report to their deportation hearing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    We're not in the habit of preemptively convicting people in the civilized world, thanks.
    immigration is a privilege not a right

10+ Year Old Account
    immigration is a privilege not a right
    But presumption of innocence, however, is.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

But presumption of innocence, however, is.
    but because immigration is a privilege not a right you can deny that immigration for any reason and I would call a prior murder or rape rap a good reason to send them back and keep them locked up for public safety till you are able to do so

10+ Year Old Account
    but because immigration is a privilege not a right you can deny that immigration for any reason and I would call a prior murder or rape rap a good reason to send them back and keep them locked up for public safety till you are able to do so
    They're being deported because they're here illegally, not because of their prior criminal charges.

like 10k of those are just because of America's retarded 'war on drugs'

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't hold someone responsible for a crime they might someday commit.

You're literally arguing for things out of Orwell's 1984.

No.

But we're talking about an individual who was convicted, served their time, and is not currently accused of any wrongdoing other than being in the US illegally.

You keep skipping over the part about how they've already been punished for the crime in question. Is a past crime reason to deport? Sure. Is it something you must deport for every single time? Really not true at all.

This is definitely a "Thanks Obama" kind of thread. It's humorous, if not a little sad, that a topic that might actually have been worth discussing won't be because the OP decided to "not" make it about Obama instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can't hold someone responsible for a crime they might someday commit.

You're literally arguing for things out of Orwell's 1984.

No.

But we're talking about an individual who was convicted, served their time, and is not currently accused of any wrongdoing other than being in the US illegally.

You keep skipping over the part about how they've already been punished for the crime in question. Is a past crime reason to deport? Sure. Is it something you must deport for every single time? Really not true at all.
    no you hold them for the crime that are committing and that is illegally crossing the border and their previous record makes it that much more important not to release them, and don't say a judge during a bail hearing doesn't take a previous criminal record into account when bail is set if any at all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    This is definitely a "Thanks Obama" kind of thread. It's humorous, if not a little sad, that a topic that might actually have been worth discussing won't be because the OP decided to "not" make it about Obama instead.
    of coarse we should never make it about Obama when it makes him look bad we only need to make it about Obama when it is something that makes him look good how foolish of me to forget that

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    My source of greatest amusement with the conservative movement is how they complain about releasing these immigrants, and cut (or reduce growth) of the budget for imprisoning them. Reminds me of the IRS, and all the tax fraud people complain about, yet they have hundreds fewer auditers today than a few years ago. Or food safety inspections-fewer inspections = less enforcement = more pathogens...Or roads/bridges/etc....lets complain about the quality while we reduce funding and wonder why bridges fall down.

- - - Updated - - -

Obama needs little help in looking bad-his inept leadership and missing backbone are enough reasons to dismiss his presidency as a failure.
    [QUOTE=Vyxn;27158191]of coarse we should never make it about Obama when it makes him look bad we only need to make it about Obama when it is something that makes him look good how foolish of me to forget that[/QUOTE
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    My source of greatest amusement with the conservative movement is how they complain about releasing these immigrants, and cut (or reduce growth) of the budget for imprisoning them. Reminds me of the IRS, and all the tax fraud people complain about, yet they have hundreds fewer auditers today than a few years ago. Or food safety inspections-fewer inspections = less enforcement = more pathogens...Or roads/bridges/etc....lets complain about the quality while we reduce funding and wonder why bridges fall down.
    the through more money at it solution it always works so well in the past

10+ Year Old Account
    We are in that habit, fortunately. Illegals who commit a felony should not be allowed to live here. Personally, I prefer the way Australia does it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tion_of_felons
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post

Yes, it does.

And if you assumed everyone who had previously raped someone would rape again, then more often than not, you'd be punishing people who aren't going to commit a crime.
    you are holding some one for a crime they are committing and that is crossing the border illegally and using a previous record as a reason not to release them waiting for a hearing
    and don't say judges don't use a previous record in determining if some one should be let out on bail waiting trial

Illegal and commit a crime? Why is there not a fast pass to get them out of our country.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

- 193 homicide convictions
    - 426 sexual assault convictions
    - 303 kidnapping convictions
    - 1,075 aggravated assault convictions
    - 1,160 stolen vehicle convictions
    - 9,187 dangerous drug convictions
    - 16,070 drunk or drugged driving convictions
    - 303 flight escape convictions

Its not like 193 homicide convictions peoples slipped on a dirty soup spoon and accidentally killed someone. Even if they served there time you know those 2 yr i killed someone type sentences... What the hell are they doing here still. Why deport the old lady who sews? Deport the guy who killed someone... It should be clear everyone on that list should be deported not just released into society.

I am quite alright with Illegals living amongst us and bettering there lives and there family's. I understand the plight. I wish them a safe place to live and a chance to prosper.
    Yes i would prefer them to come here legally with the goal to be citizens. but screw it i am not a heartless bastard.

Buying these criminals bus or plane tickets is worth it.

The DoJ and Obama so out of control. This is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Time exists between the time of the rape and time of the new hearing.

Also, why did you blame Obama again? Sounds like you have a problem with the judicial branch. 'Bama is in the executive branch, in case you didn't know.
    Obama/executive branch sets policy and inacts that policy

of coarse we should never make it about Obama when it makes him look bad we only need to make it about Obama when it is something that makes him look good how foolish of me to forget that
    See, I'm not an Obama apologist. You're projecting your own obvious bias onto me.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    How exactly should obama have known about this to have it been his fault?
    He wouldn't, he never knows about anything therefore he's never responsible for things that happen under his watch.

Its completely believable, yup.

MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN