Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Boring rant as gamer

end rannttttttttttt
    Last edited by lunaru; 2014-05-20 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    I hate white knights like many others, but if you hate the attention why do you use a portrait of a woman as your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollskalden View Post
    I hate white knights like many others, but if you hate the attention why do you use a portrait of a woman as your avatar?
    Because I should be able to show who I am without being treated like a sexual object or "kitchen maid" as some people call us now a days
    I'm sure thats not the intentions of some guys, but the lucrative/sexual comments shouldn't be a everyday thing a female gamer should have in there inbox. Good thing it doesn't happen often here
    Last edited by lunaru; 2014-05-20 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaru View Post
    Because I should be able to show who I am without being treated like a sexual object or "kitchen maid" as some people call us now a days
    There are a lot of repressed, socially maladapted young males on gaming and internet-related activities.

That's going to show up as either crude or sexual comments because they've got issues about women, or excessive white-knighting thinking a guy defending them makes women are tingly in the tenders.

You should be able to be yourself, that's true. But they're being themselves too, their "selves" just happen to be objectively terrible and unoriginal.

Deleted
    Alright.

But since online gaming is still something that's very dominated by teenage boy virgins you shouldn't really be surprised that they will give you attention if you make it clear to them that you're a female. Maybe in like 10-20 years being a woman on the internet will be more normalized and guys won't jump at ya the moment they hear a light-pitched voice.

Deleted
    Have you ever bared witness to random guys or friends hitting on women/girls in vent,mumble and or skype.
    I usually play guy toons to avoid attention and usually do the same for vent/mumble when I need to

For me its a bit awkward when a guy tries to put the moves on me by using a terrible pickup line, I'm just there to play games and chat to anyone about things other than hooking up, Its aggravating when I have to deal stuff like that on WoW & Xbox live

Don't get me started with the constant Xbox friend requests because they hear my voice

The sexual comments is what annoyed me the most and made me want to rant
    If you had not have posted using an avatar of a female, or hinted at your gender with the comment " For me its a bit awkward when a guy tries to put the moves on me by using a terrible pickup line " I could have given your post more serious consideration.
    However, it comes across to me as "I am a female, I say I don't want attention but really I am looking for some" and I am tempted to utter a certain 4chan phrase.

Now that being said, if you are genuinely tired of the attention, place them on ignore, mute them on vent, or Block them on Xbox, use the tools at your disposal and enjoy your gaming time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they see your avatar...

How's it going?

(I'm kidding!)

Yes, I see it all the time. The flirting is understandable. Boys will be boys. I understand it can be distracting and annoying to you or other women, but I have no real solution for you other than either not talking or masking your voice. Not great options, I know. But the average gamer is STARVED for female attention. Thankfully, I'm way too old (and way too married for that matter) for that anymore. lol What concerns me is when they become misogynistic. I don't care to go all white knight, but it's disgraceful and there's no place for it.

Deleted
    When I played I used a female character, worked fine and made it easier to get into raid groups and get quick easy lewt.

That is, untill they heared my deep booming manly voice.

Deleted
    Honestly? The internet can be a very backwards place and it's just easier to not use voice communication in online games. It shouldn't be but unfortunately that is by and far the easiest way out of the issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    I play as a female toon so other nerdy guys give me shit for free
    i hate people
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the f*ck up.

Deleted
    When I used to play WoW, my guild did a lot of serious raiding and we had plenty of females in 25 men raids, so about 3 or 4, can't remember now, but we never hit on anyone and neither did the females.

I'm just going to guess most men hit on other women in games because they find it funny and not because they want your pictures or something weird like that. I guess that would be one way to approach a woman in a game but it seems like a lot of men are oblivious to the fact that flirting a women in a game isn't necessarily a good way to communicate with a stranger.

Yes, and in general, I find it creepy/strange/desperate.

Whoever is playing is most likely there to play the game, not to start some kind of half a world away dating extravaganza. I feel like it's most likely desperate people who do this sort of thing.

I don't know, I just don't get it, I don't see the point. Boy or girl, it doesn't matter to me, I'm not gonna treat the person any differently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    When I played I used a female character, worked fine and made it easier to get into raid groups and get quick easy lewt.

That is, untill they heared my deep booming manly voice.
    I remember playing a female character when I was younger. Many times guys asked for my age rather than if I was a guy or girl IRL, and some of them was all over me when I said I was 14. Again, without knowing my real gender. Online gaming have some of the most creepiest personalities in the world...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minro View Post
    I play as a female toon so other nerdy guys give me shit for free
    All I used to do was play mostly female toons. I don't think I ever got hit on in almost 4 years of play. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    If you had not have posted using an avatar of a female, or hinted at your gender with the comment " For me its a bit awkward when a guy tries to put the moves on me by using a terrible pickup line " I could have given your post more serious consideration.
    However, it comes across to me as "I am a female, I say I don't want attention but really I am looking for some" and I am tempted to utter a certain 4chan phrase.

Now that being said, if you are genuinely tired of the attention, place them on ignore, mute them on vent, or Block them on Xbox, use the tools at your disposal and enjoy your gaming time.
    If I wanted attention, I'd log onto xbox live or WoW. I'm guessing you'd prefer I said I was a man or tree to be taken "SERIOUS"

All i'm asking if there are other guys here or women who have experienced or seen this type of behavior, I could not care less about your unoriginal recycled replies about me "wanting attention"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    All I used to do was play mostly female toons. I don't think I ever got hit on in almost 4 years of play. xD
    you're doin it wrong
    i hate people
    It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the f*ck up.

I had a female toon, a draenei paladin.

Guy started hitting on me in a SM run. I told him I was 28. He kept asking if I was sexy and wanted to cyber.

I told him I was dead sexy, and had the biggest, hairiest, Greekest Satyr-dick he'd ever see. He was silent the rest of the run.

http://www.leathercordonline.com/fil...atyre-1000.png

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I had a female toon, a draenei paladin.

Guy started hitting on me in a SM run. I told him I was 28. He kept asking if I was sexy and wanted to cyber.

I told him I was dead sexy, and had the biggest, hairiest, Greekest Satyr-dick he'd ever see. He was silent the rest of the run.

http://www.leathercordonline.com/fil...atyre-1000.png
    I really really want to click on that, but I'm afraid that it will be the biggest, hairiest, Grekest Satyr-dick I've ever seen.
    i hate people

Quote Originally Posted by minro View Post
    I really really want to click on that, but I'm afraid that it will be the biggest, hairiest, Grekest Satyr-dick I've ever seen.
    It's a statue of epic proportions.

Literally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollskalden View Post
    I remember playing a female character when I was younger. Many times guys asked for my age rather than if I was a guy or girl IRL, and some of them was all over me when I said I was 14. Again, without knowing my real gender. Online gaming have some of the most creepiest personalities in the world...
    Its not because the gamers themselves are creepie per sé, its because of the feeling of anonymousity and the freedom it provides, normal people can turn into really scary personalities when online.