Deleted

Diablo 2 Ladder reset

So Blizzard will perform a ladder reset on the 27th of may for Diablo 2. Is anyone here planning to play? Maybe we can get a group of 8 people together and rush through it

Id love to play but tbh i doubt i can find my cd keys anymore XD. Iv played and been ranked like the last 6 ones before the current one though.

I tried getting back into it some time before Reaper of souls, and I just can't play it anymore. I'm too used to D3's control scheme now.

I would likely play Diablo 2 above any current or past video game ever made. Played D2 every single day for years. Only stopped playing D2 due to the horrible resolution. I can't see the game anymore.

No. Don't suggest "fixes". I know all about D2 fixes, mods, coding, patching and botting. Nothing is unknown to me w/r/t D2.

Really wish there was incentive for an HD remake of D2. The exact same game, just at a resolution I can actually play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I would likely play Diablo 2 above any current or past video game ever made. Played D2 every single day for years. Only stopped playing D2 due to the horrible resolution. I can't see the game anymore.

No. Don't suggest "fixes". I know all about D2 fixes, mods, coding, patching and botting. Nothing is unknown to me w/r/t D2.

Really wish there was incentive for an HD remake of D2. The exact same game, just at a resolution I can actually play.

If you stick with it for a day or two, you actually get used to it.

but i agree it looks terrible initially when you go back from D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I think the D2 resolution fix can't be used online anyway.

It is fun playing in max res even on single player though.

/signed for HD remake *throws money*

OT: I play uswest hardcore L

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    If you stick with it for a day or two, you actually get used to it.

but i agree it looks terrible initially when you go back from D3.
    I physically can't get used to it. I have failing eyesight and use corrective lenses. Playing d2 hurts, physically.

Too small. I really can't play comfortably.

Deleted
    Think I will play for a while with the ladder reset. Still the game I find the most enjoyable to play today. I'll be playing EU hardcore.

An HD remake would be amazing, I must say my eyes also hurt after playing for too long.

Meh...maybe I should cash out my sorc from last ladder...tough about getting an eth upgraded titans if you can get thoes cheap on ladder? My sorc is pretty poor trough.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to love Diablo 2, I played the hell out of it, even made a naked Hardcore run with /players 8... But not anymore. The gameplay is just too repetitive to my taste. From old games I would rather play Age of Empires 1/2 or Baldur's Gate - something that actually makes you think, not just click mobs to death.

The graphics itself is not an issue for me, I've been gaming since 1991 and seen games with waaaaaaaaay worse graphics. But the gameplay is just too dumb and repetitive. Unless you play, I don't know, summoner Necromancer, all you have to do is spam 1-2 DPS abilities and 1-2 AOE abilities, and you can slam your way through all 3 difficulties.

So, yeah. The game was epic for its time, it was (if you don't count Diablo 1 which was quite clunky) innovative and fun. But its time has passed, there are hundreds or RPGs now with much more interesting gameplay and story. And the main reason people are so negative about Diablo 3, I think, is not that it is a worse game than Diablo 2, but rather that it is the same game people have had enough of.

But the gameplay is just too dumb and repetitive. Unless you play, I don't know, summoner Necromancer, all you have to do is spam 1-2 DPS abilities and 1-2 AOE abilities, and you can slam your way through all 3 difficulties.
    You are describing the difference in depth of play and depth of gameplay. They are not the same. One can exist without the other.

May90, all ARPGs Ive played is simple like that. Its kinda what defines the combat inn these games.

Lets see from the top off my head listing mostly my casters...

Inn Diablo 3 right now on my Wizard I use black hole and magic missile (binded on mouse both), and then 2 or so other abbilities at random. Oh also I keep up buffes every 5 minutes or so.

Inn Diablo2 on say my Lightning / frozen orb sorceress I use frozen orb as my main abbility, and lightning as 2nd attack to kill immunes. Else I keep up 1 class buff, and 2 extrea buffes from CTA.

Inn Torchlight 2 on my mage I use prismatic bolt, witch is my main abbility just spamming that, else I got a debuff I do on mobs, 2 CD's and teleport and some freeze thing.

Also my Van helsing melee character is very simple, and what I did try inn POE was simple aswell.

ARPG's aint meant to have 34 keybinds like a sertain MMO, and even with 34 keybinds you still don't have enough you feel. Inn ARPGs I preffer it this way.

Also my problem with Diablo2 besides the bad graphics is that Diablo3 really made the combat so fluid, it makes combat inn Diablo2 pretty lacking, and then ofcourse inn generale that Ive done everything the game has to offer but say level to 90+ (to booring for me, and Im not gonna bot), and no updates on content.

Uhm, slight bump I guess but...

Maybe its cause off Diablo3 ROS, but game seems way more dead atm than last few months. I can barely trade items on ladder having tried for few days now, or get people to join my games even. I got 2 spirit shields and some other stuff from my old ladder character before non-ladder stuff happens for it...but thats all

Maybe many EU players just busy inn Diablo3 now. If anyone on EU Diablo2 needs some random low crap sorc items say so...You could play with it abit on non-ladder, else Id just trash it.

Deleted
    So, yeah. The game was epic for its time, it was (if you don't count Diablo 1 which was quite clunky) innovative and fun. But its time has passed, there are hundreds or RPGs now with much more interesting gameplay and story. And the main reason people are so negative about Diablo 3, I think, is not that it is a worse game than Diablo 2, but rather that it is the same game people have had enough of.
    In my own experience of the game I don't find this at all. I do enjoy Diablo 3 and think it is a good game but even to this day I would rather play Diablo 2 and still think it is a better game by today's standards. I have more fun playing Diablo 2 when I decide to have a play through than just about any other game. I find the loot very fun and the atmosphere is amazing. The only thing I do wish is that the combat felt as smooth as it does in Diablo 3. That's where I feel Diablo 3 is really good.