Talking The Warlords Of Draenor (WOD) comedy sketch

This is a new animation based on the classic Abbott & Costello Baseball sketch aka "Who's On First?". It took me a month to script, record, and plan. I used Fraps to capture inside Wowmodelviewer each separate animation of my character (Gobbygonk) and a human (Buddy). I then used Adobe Premiere (coz Sony Vegas was playing up) and Photoshop to edit the images.

The hardest part was clipping the animations to match the words; I used speeded up sections and even reverve sometimes. It's best I coudl do in a month.

I would like to see Blizzard promoting this to help sell their expansion Warlords Of Draenor (WOD). If people get into it, it might catch on and hype up the product before it comes out.

It's now on Youtube on my Gobbygonk channel or type "Gobbygonk WOD" in the search and that should do the trick. Hope you like it and please only gimme constructive criticism if you don't.

Thanks for watching!

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread seems sketchy
    Hi

Deleted

This is the Video

15+ Year Old Account
    No offense, but I like the old version better. I get what you are going for, but I don't find it as funny or as well done.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love Abbott and Costello, but people doing the Who's on First-joke over and over again, are not funny anymore.. sorry.

It would be a nice idea for Blizzard to use fan-made videos to promote their game. That said, being a game-artist myself, the quality is not on par with what Blizzard does, giving it bad marketing.

As for constructive critism; Try to use a better microphone and make sure that all audio you use is of the same quality. Otherwise things will stand out. Also, if you're going to place your characters on a stage with lights above them, try to embed the shadows when clipping them.
    Also, in the titlescreen, never use more than 2 fonts or font-styles in 1 graphic. It looks really cheap otherwise Try to mimick the Blizzard font-style if all fails.

Keep practicing dude! You'll get there

I like the voice acting of "Who's The Tank", the video wasn't hard to do. I clipped each animation to mouth the words unlike that one. And I was working on just the one word "WOD" unlike the whole kaboodle of the "Who's On First" sketch which that one copied. I wish I coulda used more than one reference to Warlords Of Draenor but I thought I played out the theme varied enough to keep it interesting.

Yea the voices I shoulda done better and got each bit perfect before releasing it (I will redo it if there's enough demand).

Thank you all for watching and the constructive remarks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    It would be a nice idea for Blizzard to use fan-made videos to promote their game. That said, being a game-artist myself, the quality is not on par with what Blizzard does, giving it bad marketing.
    If Blizz back me I'll up the quality. When I captured I used the highest setting but when it was distorted in Premiere the animations lacked clarity and I was a bit disappointed with that.

Tell you what would be really cool, is Blizz give me access to the WOD models for those two models (Gnome & Human) and the costumes they had and I'll make the best WOD sketch ever!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbygonk View Post
    I like the voice acting of "Who's The Tank", the video wasn't hard to do. I clipped each animation to mouth the words unlike that one. And I was working on just the one word "WOD" unlike the whole kaboodle of the "Who's On First" sketch which that one copied. I wish I coulda used more than one reference to Warlords Of Draenor but I thought I played out the theme varied enough to keep it interesting.

Yea the voices I shoulda done better and got each bit perfect before releasing it (I will redo it if there's enough demand).

Thank you all for watching and the constructive remarks!

- - - Updated - - -

If Blizz back me I'll up the quality. When I captured I used the highest setting but when it was distorted in Premiere the animations lacked clarity and I was a bit disappointed with that.

Tell you what would be really cool, is Blizz give me access to the WOD models for those two models (Gnome & Human) and the costumes they had and I'll make the best WOD sketch ever!!
    Just imagine the quality you can get with machinima using the new models, once they come out. That is what I am looking forward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Just imagine the quality you can get with machinima using the new models, once they come out. That is what I am looking forward to.
    Yeah, if you could do it in that, it'd be awesome!

I would still like to find out where I can contact some Blizzard people who can publish or promote fan-based creations which are geared to give hype to one of their upcoming products, namely WOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbygonk View Post
    I would still like to find out where I can contact some Blizzard people who can publish or promote fan-based creations which are geared to give hype to one of their upcoming products, namely WOD.
    contact@blizzard.com probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a few laughs but I still think the old one is better. Keep up the good work, though.

Thanks! The old one is basically "Who's On First" substituting words used in Warcraft like Tank, etc, for the ones used in the "baseball Sketch". My one may not be as good in that sense, coz nothing can beat the routine Abbott & Costello used, but mine is purely a play on the name of the next expansion namely WOD. It's harder in my opinion, to keep a single joke of WOD (what) going but I think I managed to pull it off without it getting boring or repetitive.

Appreciate you watching!!