Thread: WW CM Gear?

WW CM Gear?

My guild has decided to start going for CM Gold. IS there any gear I should try and get for WW spec? Only LFR gear is an option for me to get, unless they decided to run old raids for the gear as well.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I got my first two gold CM sets just in heroic dungeon ilvl 463 gear.
    Strats are way more important than gear.

But in saying that, pick up the darkmoon faire trinket for your spec, and pick up pieces with as many gem slots as possible.

Deleted
    Gear is not important, LFR and heroic versions of the same item are effectively identical when down-scaled to 463 (aside from the hit/exp thing but it's not worth thinking about).

Either way, focus on tactics and as long as you don't die too much you'll breeze through gold.

PS. WW is one of the best CM dps, abuse SEF and you'll be doing lock/ele/mage/hunter levels of AoE and pool TEB for bosses and you'll likely crush everyone there as well.

Deleted
    If youre just going for gold, your raid gear should suffice, provided it has a load of gem sockets. Take gear that has the most sockets over gear that has a particular stat. If it has the stat you want and sockets then happy days. Grab a 2h or 2 1hs from ToT and stick the black prince socket on it. Remember legendary meta and 500 stat gems dont work, so use regular metas and regular gems.

Your tactics will make or break your runs, not your gear though. And be extra careful as a melee.

If youre going for realmfirst times, I dont reccommend playing WW at all, usual group makeup for the best times is Ele shaman, priest, mage, brm, +scrub(usually hunter or warlock, though pets can be a pain). Cm runs just favor ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhye View Post
    Unless you're worrying about realm first times, gear is a non issue besides hit cap and using gem-slot studded gear, and perhaps ToT era weaponry with Black Prince bonus legendary gem sockets. The Brewmaster BIS setlist has several wonderful options you can also use for Windwalker if min-maxing is your thing. Anything with Haste, Critical Strike and gem-slots is your BIS. Some interesting exceptions are multiple gemslot items like the Engineering helmet. In terms of realm first times, as a Windwalker you're not the most optimal class for this, though you can probably snag one from a low population server easily, as i have.

The best trinkets are Relic of Xuen, which is a Darkmoon Faire trinket, and i'll take a stab and say the Bottle of Infinite Stars, from any Elegon difficulty in Mogushan Vaults. While nobody has a specific set-list, the Brewmaster list below should help somewhat.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=4

While i can't give specific advice for every single dungeon, i recommend you run Rushing Jade Wind on everything until perhaps the final boss, then switch to Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger to do heavy single target.
    That list doesn't have either of the trinkets you listed....maybe thats just because its BRM list?

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    If youre just going for gold, your raid gear should suffice, provided it has a load of gem sockets. Take gear that has the most sockets over gear that has a particular stat. If it has the stat you want and sockets then happy days. Grab a 2h or 2 1hs from ToT and stick the black prince socket on it. Remember legendary meta and 500 stat gems dont work, so use regular metas and regular gems.

Your tactics will make or break your runs, not your gear though. And be extra careful as a melee.

If youre going for realmfirst times, I dont reccommend playing WW at all, usual group makeup for the best times is Ele shaman, priest, mage, brm, +scrub(usually hunter or warlock, though pets can be a pain). Cm runs just favor ranged.
    We arent going for realm first times, just gold medals. So TOT weapons(uugghhh), and I can craft the engineer helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhye View Post
    The Brewmaster list has the Relic due to how strong it is, some dungeons you don't need the damage reduction the other trinkets bring. Those particular trinkets are used mostly because as a Brewmaster your goal is to get high vengeance, then have a Discipline Priest keep you alive while you destroy everything. The trinkets they have help you towards that goal. I personally use Relic + Haromm because I've not had the Bottle drop.
    Ok. Thank you very much.

I'd say take Relic and Rentaki. Rentaki procs stupidly alot for me at least and the ramping up agi part of the trinket make it pretty OP when snapshotting last stack with FoF.
    Not to mention the expertise on that trinket won't downscale in CM, which makes for a nice stat gain.

Thank you all for the advice, but my guild just broke up last night. So this thread is now pointless.