Poll: If someone gave you 100k gold in-game by accident, what would you do?

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

If someone gave you 100k gold in-game BY ACCIDENT..

What would you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    The correct answer is keep it.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it, probably.

Deleted
    It'd give me pause but I'd give it back. I don't really need lots of gold for anything.

Since I have almost no need to spend gold, and I sit on old AH playing gold, Id trade it back.

100k gold won't get you far, and my conseus is more worth that.

...Then again Ive never scammed anyone inn wow I belive, and Ive had quit a few times I could have walked away with alot off fun.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Take it from the mail and say.. "What Gold" )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolstorm View Post
    What would you do?
    I would hesitate and ask if they gave the 100k to me on purpose or on accident. If they say nothing or "no" then I keep it. If they say that it was by accident then I hand it back.

Deleted
    You make a mistake, I benefit. Would keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it back. Pre-RoS D3 taught me my lesson regarding gold :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Nice to see how many lawful-aligned people are around. WTF

Depends how. If the name i get it from is "sdfsdfa", which gently gave me stuff for 20k in cataclysm, then i keep it. Otherwise i return it
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

...I'd repay it, obviously, just as I'd repay instantly if someone put in real life money on my account by accident...I have NO interest in stealing, or hurting others. When I was hot on the ore shuffle, I accidentally mailed 10k gold to an unknown player rather than my alt. I expected it to be lost and was quite upset since back then I worked HARD for my gold, but lo and behold...he sent it back with a letter saying "Guessing you didn't mean to give this to me? ".

But hey, I'm one of few people who actually take care to treat others like I want to be treated myself, even in virtual reality.

Deleted
    Keep it.

Survival of the fittest, motherfucker!

Got morals, I'd give it back.

Deleted
    I'd give it back. Stopped caring about gold after I hit my first million. Have no need for it and I would feel pretty shitty about keeping it if it was an honest mistake.

Deleted
    What gold? You must be confusing me with someone else, this class/race mog is popular...

10+ Year Old Account
    100k isnt anything big by todays standards, im sitting at around 500k and im only loging in for raids, stoped farming ages ago since i simply grow bored of it, but obviously keep it unless he'd start spaming/asking me to return it...then probably ignore him ;p

Deleted
    Give it back. I've more than gold cap, and nothing to spend my gold on anyway...so there's no reason to be a dick about it.

That said, if it would be someone who behaves like a dick himself towards others frequently (which wouldn't be very difficult to know on my small server), I'd might be tempted to keep it. What goes around, comes around.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-05-20 at 03:52 PM.

I would not give it back. They could likely ticket a GM and get that gold back while I would be able to keep it.

The amount of pricks in this thread is too damn high.

I mean imagine the guy, was farming his ass off to get that gold, so he can buy some cool mount or other vanity item..Jeez.

If you got it from chineese farmer, keep it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I would not give it back. They could likely ticket a GM and get that gold back while I would be able to keep it.

He cannot get it back if he ticket a GM.
    I once send around 50k to the wrong char, made a ticket, fortunatly enough GM responded fast, so the other guy havent opened his email, if he claimed the gold from the mail my 50k was as good as gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.