Poll: Was the costume an anti-semitic jab?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    He produces his videos himself
    He writes himself
    He produces his music himself
    Didnt he allrdy win several grammy´s?
    Few MTV awards
    Dares to speak out against gay treatment in America and writes a song about it instead of the ordinairy ´bitches, bubbles, money, homies, lambo, pop yah nigga´ raplyrics.

Hes one of the very few artists alive atm that got to where they are without some higher hand help.

Did i mention he scored multiple hitsongs?
    ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0]
    Did you note my wording?
    has yet to still accomplish something lasting in the music field.
    He's a newbie on the platform.
    I am with no word saying he isn't talented. But he still is far from having a legacy in his portfolio.
    In today's time and entertainment landscape are plenty of Macklemores. They all have an expiration date stamped onto them. That's usually an estimated 2 - 5 years. For that time the industry milks them, and gets the most bang for the buck out of them. After that, they dive down into the mass of the (almost) forgotten. Only very very few are able to break away from this mechanism. Because that's how the music industry works.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    For that time the industry milks them, and gets the most bang for the buck out of them. After that, they dive down into the mass of the (almost) forgotten. Only very very few are able to break away from this mechanism. Because that's how the music industry works.
    They not getting milked, thats the beauty of it. No-one owns them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    They not getting milked, thats the beauty of it. No-one owns them.
    Oh, they are....
    You don't know the music industry, obviously if you think that.
    It's a very very nasty and dirty business.
    There are heaps of super awesome, totally talented artists out there, that are better than almost everything that's in the charts nowadays. And they can't get anywhere, because of how the industry works. And if the industry doesn't make money off you, you aren't making any money either.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only offensive when they relate to it. I'm surprised people made such correlations, it's mindless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Oh, they are....
    You don't know the music industry, obviously if you think that.
    It's a very very nasty and dirty business.
    There are heaps of super awesome, totally talented artists out there, that are better than almost everything that's in the charts nowadays. And they can't get anywhere, because of how the industry works. And if the industry doesn't make money off you, you aren't making any money either.
    I know how the industry works. No group thats big is every indie. But still it seemed like they were pretty independant on most things.
    http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2013/...ie-artist.html

I wonder though if they CAN be milked due to what they claim to be, in combination with the claim they not in it for the money.
    Letting themselves get milked pretty much means targetgroup suicide in this case.

I thought he was dressed like Ringo Star when I saw it.

Ringo Starr is not Jewish.

Is Ringo being Anti-semetic if he wears his hair and beard like this?
    Last edited by HammondQ; 2014-05-21 at 11:50 PM.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger