Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    You always have to keep an eye on those damn Destruction locks. For me, watching Destruction locks is kind of like blaming the victim (I know that's wrong, but it isn't a problem when you have that mind set) you have to do everything in your power to stop them from completing a cast of CB, that way, you never suffer a spike in damage. Or if interruption is not possible, prepare your defensive cds (or your anus, whatever).

It's not any different in a BG, so why would an arena be different?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSock View Post
    211K damage? Looks like ya need to be geared. That only happens on fresh 90's not wearing PVP gear.

Full Prideful can take a CB with full cool downs and it usually comes to about 112K damage or so.
    Geared for what? After the trinket 2set you don't get any damage reduction from gear. Its always funny when people still use this old argument; it makes it obvious they don't know what they are talking about. My pally could be naked with the 2 pvp trinkets and take the same damage as if I had 100% prideful on (assuming I dont gem or enchant resil which I wont). ~250k CBs with full gear in arenas is not unheard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

that is normal and expected. destro can work until you meet players who have actually been above 2400 in arena, after that unless your name is thugonomicz and have amazing team synergy you wont get very far.

the chaos bolts are fine, what i do find mildly annoying is the 90-100k incinerates/conflags.

211K damage? Looks like ya need to be geared. That only happens on fresh 90's not wearing PVP gear.

Full Prideful can take a CB with full cool downs and it usually comes to about 112K damage or so.
    There's a new expansion out called Mists of Pandaria: it's really dandy; resilience is now baseline, damage and health pools have sky rocketed.

You should join us in Pandaria sometime.

In all seriousness though, nothing in your post even remotely resembled anything accurate.

I took a 200k chaos bolt in arena yesterday and died because of it. You know who I blamed? Myself.

Deleted
    Chaos bolt isn't very good in arena, unless you time it perfectly, and even then you need another guy to help you burst down the target...
    This is why I play demo, you just make sure you ahve the healer in a full cc chain, while you burst down a dps

Deleted
    Considering a chaos bolt is quite easy to prevent or ground/spell reflect/whatever unless the warlocks blows all his CC, I don't think this is anything special.

I have gone back to Affliction now for 2's now. Destro is great for BG's, but in arena it is just too frustrating and hard to do effective damage with. Any team with half a brain will just train you into the ground to stop you casting chaos bolt and as soon as you hit the wall of warrior/dk healer comps after 1500 it becomes even harder. At least with Affliction you can just dot, run and do some damage before you are stomped.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    that requires you to use coil (45 sec cd) with havoc (25 sec cd) on two people, have all your procs and dark soul up, the third person in a cc or somehow unable to interrupt and the 2 people coiled to have no trinket and the cbolt target to not have any kind of mitigation usable while coiled.

Compared to affli where you just faceroll your dots around the entire team and play "let's DR fear on the entire team", it's a bit more to setup and accomplish.

Nothing more needs to be said

- - - Updated - - -

My mage consistently ice lances for 90k back to back. And that is with orb hitting them and living bomb ticking.... 200k is only a 1/3 of your hp in full prideful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I like how you block out the rating and trying to ignore the fact that destro is not viable in high end 3v3 PURELY because chaos bolts are almost impossible to cast against a competent team.
    Met a few destros at 2k mmr last season, know of a few at 2400-2600 at the moment too, so not really :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Met a few destros at 2k mmr last season, know of a few at 2400-2600 at the moment too, so not really :P
    and in comparison to affli?

can't really see why you whine on a destro Lock when rogues for instance which i play can global shit, for instance i can kill a hunter from 100% hp to zero if he doesn't have a trinket, and pretty much nothing can stop me from doing so if i got cloak etc

Deleted
    faced quite a few destro locks at low rated arena, around 1300 on my alt hunter, and i don't think ive seen too many chaos bolts actually casted yet, they are better off casting a few incinerates i think and using the embers to heal themselves. in arena i much rather face a destro lock than a afflic lock.

The only damage reduction you get from PVP gear is the trinket set bonus (assuming you use the %crit damage meta gem). And a prideful geared CB with CDs and trinkets up hits for FAR more than 112k.

Deleted
    I like how this debate purely arises from the fact, that chaos bolt is a high damage ability. It is easier to notice a 200k chaos bolt than three 80k ice lances, although both casters actually need the same time to "cast" their abilities. Same with warriors using reck, monks using TEB with rsk or FoF, hunters using their cd's and spamming arcane shots and maybe even devouring plague. Every class has their cooldowns and their hard hitting abilities, yet I always seen whine-posts about the chaos bolt since it's "a 211k crit", almost ignoring the fact, that you need to cast it for a good while.
    That's some serious lowrated business there.