Need some math help here

Sorry if this gets a little complicated...

My account is only active for 21 days starting today, May 20th. It expires June 10th at 9:30AM. June 10th is a Tuesday, so I won't be able to log on then because maintenance ends after my account expires. Because of an upcoming move and some other junk I will not be renewing my account. It would be a waste of money. However, I want that legendary cloak. I just started the "Titan Runestone" portion of it. I'll be cutting it close, and with some luck I can pull off getting the cloak in the 3 weeks of game time I have left. A friend of mine got all of the Titan Runestones in 2 weeks on one of his alts, although I understand this is very uncommon.

Here's the tricky part.

I have friends staying with me next week starting Sunday. I'm hosting them for an entire week, so I will not be playing WoW in such a way that I can get Titan Runestones. I sent a ticket in to Blizzard to ask about "pausing" my account for the time and they said "Enjoy your vacation, and when you get back tell us you're back. We'll see how long it's been since you last logged in and credit you that time." I can effectively get 4 raid lockouts out of 3 weeks worth of game time because I'd pause it on Sunday, May 25th (their arrival) through Sunday, June 1st (their departure). That's give me 7 days extra, bumped from the Sunday. I'd be able to get into that extra half a week that way (remember, I normally wouldn't be able to use that last Tuesday because my account expires so early in the morning.

I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around this. Any way I can stay "on vacation" a few days more or less and get 5 raid lockouts if I "paused" and "played" on the right days? And before you ask why I want the cloak. Because, that's why. I know my account will be cancelled for months until Draenor comes out and I don't technically "need" it but goddamn I want it. Please don't discuss my reason for wanting it. I'm just here to discuss my lockout situation. Thanks!

Wow i'm really surprised Blizzard said yes to that, the implications of pausing everybody's account when they go on holiday is huge

and when you tell them you are back, the GM that responds will not be the same one and tell you "WTF are you talking about, we don't do that. resub or gtfo"

Actually, I remember doing this years ago. Nobody bothers to ask, so nobody knows about it. I completely forgot because it was during Lich King, but yeah. It's a thing they've been allowing for years. You've always been able to get credit back for unused chunks of time. You just have to make 100% sure you NEVER log on or else it kills the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    and when you tell them you are back, the GM that responds will not be the same one and tell you "WTF are you talking about, we don't do that. resub or gtfo"
    Sue him?
    Isn't that what people do in america?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gammaray View Post
    I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around this. Any way I can stay "on vacation" a few days more or less and get 5 raid lockouts if I "paused" and "played" on the right days? And before you ask why I want the cloak. Because, that's why. I know my account will be cancelled for months until Draenor comes out and I don't technically "need" it but goddamn I want it. Please don't discuss my reason for wanting it. I'm just here to discuss my lockout situation. Thanks!
    You finish for the week before Sunday, pause until next Sunday, then make sure you get everything that week.

I can't see a way to get more lockouts out of that other than pausing it more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Why do you want to get the legendary, when you'll unsub and won play?
    You can do LFR or flex/normal when you sub again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Why do you want to get the legendary, when you'll unsub and won play?
    You can do LFR or flex/normal when you sub again?
    Holy shit, dude. I couldn't have been more clear in the OP about this particular fact and my unwillingness to make it a focus of this thread.