Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Wink Heroic siegecrafter 10man belt question

Currently working on heroic siegecrafter 10man and as the hunter I'm going up on each belt. My question for other hunters doing the belt in 10man is are you soloing all belts? Some? Or always going up with someone else?
    Also wondering if anyone that's on belts full time would mind posting some logs of a kill or two so I could have a look.
    I'm confident on the first belt but after that it gets a bit sketchy, we've been killing mines mines laser mines and usually wipe around the time we are on the 4th-5th belt.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...gjwzp#fight=41

Me and the other hunter are on belts all the time, except the first, which he solos
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...gjwzp#fight=41

Me and the other hunter are on belts all the time, except the first, which he solos
    Thanks Nnug. Do you guys usually kill mines, mines, laser, mines, mines?

We kill mines (laser on 3rd) on 10man. I solo #1, duo the rest and on #7 the rogue solo's while I go help control the crawler mines spawning from the previous double mine belt.

The point you're wiping is pretty rough on the platform, make sure you're using raid CDs there and have good positioning to dodge missiles/sawblades. High probability of people getting two shot if they take unnecessary damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    Thanks Nnug. Do you guys usually kill mines, mines, laser, mines, mines?
    By the log they are doing Mine, Mine, Laser, Mine, Mine and killing the boss before the end of the 6th belt (Confirmed Above).

At a guess they are using this tactic as it's probably very similar to how they killed it originally and have not needed to do any other way as it works and their raiders are used to it. This was the most popular tactic used when the content first came out as having dps get to the belt without losing dps on the boss was a priority. They are also tanking the boss near the belt so it makes sending your pet to the boss the main way to remove the requirement to dismiss it when you have the debuff and need to disengage to the belt.

Newer guilds to the boss are finding killing the Missiles on the belt and tanking the boss near the spot where the mines spawn as being a much cleaner approach. The health of the Mines have been nerfed so they really don't cause much trouble unless your melee dps heavy. If you have double hunter then it's perfect for this as there is no need for anyone to move across the room and they will have no issues transitioning from belt to belt as there are no double shockwaves to deal with.

For the belts the basic approach is just to solo the first with players assisting for each other belt. If the boss is being tanked close to the belt then the hunter can also solo belts 4 and 7 as well as the 2min trinket is almost guaranteed. With today's ilvl increase then I'd say to solo belt 2 maybe also be an option on going and the boss itself to be much easier as even now guilds with good dps can have the boss around %50 by the 3rd belt.
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2014-05-21 at 07:17 AM.

We use the no mines strat because it makes the fight SIGNIFICANTLY shorter, hence why we are only doing 5 belts.
    Retired hunter

Deleted
    We do mines,mines,laser,mines,mines,mines(double)

I solo first with only prepot and lust (trinks)

other hunter solo's second with stamp,bw,pot,direbeast

I solo third with all cd's up

we two man every other belt, saving cd's for "oh shit"moments

usually around 8% if the belt comes up, we just stay on the platform and nuke.

But as someone said before with this tactic, in the laser phase there is a hell of a lot of damage going out, so make sure you survive it. we have our boomkin and eleshaman popping healing cds just to get us through.

Also make sure your tank know what they are doing with the stacks, depending on class, they can take up to 8, but they must share them to maximise vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    We use the no mines strat because it makes the fight SIGNIFICANTLY shorter, hence why we are only doing 5 belts.
    Significantly shorter for a guild who have had this boss on farm since November with players who are able to maintain high dps even during heavy movement. If they have just started doing this boss I'd say they don't have these kinds of players and the boss is probably still around 40% health by the time you guys are killing it. Therefore they need a cleaner and easier approach to make sure they are all alive after the more difficult combos.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    If they have just started doing this boss I'd say they don't have these kinds of players and the boss is probably still around 40% health by the time you guys are killing it.
    We're hitting the 45-50% mark by the time I'm jumping on the fourth belt usually but that when things on the main platform get a bit crazy. Shockwave missiles seem to be the issue for the main platform guys.

So in terms of the belts, I haven't found an example of a hunter soloing every single belt. Is anyone soloing every single belt? I've looked through a tonne of logs and can't say I've found an example. I'm currently sitting on ilvl568 and can confidently solo the first belt now, and can probably get the 4th one if necessary, but the 2nd and 3rd belts I'd struggle with solo. Maybe people in BiS full upgraded can do it but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    We're hitting the 45-50% mark by the time I'm jumping on the fourth belt usually but that when things on the main platform get a bit crazy. Shockwave missiles seem to be the issue for the main platform guys.

So in terms of the belts, I haven't found an example of a hunter soloing every single belt. Is anyone soloing every single belt? I've looked through a tonne of logs and can't say I've found an example. I'm currently sitting on ilvl568 and can confidently solo the first belt now, and can probably get the 4th one if necessary, but the 2nd and 3rd belts I'd struggle with solo. Maybe people in BiS full upgraded can do it but I'm not sure.
    I've not heard of a complete solo either. If your guild needs you to do this, they're likely not pulling their weight.

Deleted
    Been trying to solo each belt, but stampede bugging like shit just makes it impossible. Last time I used stampede on weapon it did 200k damage on weapon and it went through with something like 170k hp left. If it did work like it should, I'd go
    1. Prepot and trinkets
    2. Stampede, rapid fire
    3. Bloodlust
    4. AOC trinket should be ready
    5. Skip and kill boss.

Problem is that those fucking four legged fatties don't do shit damage, going to try next week to kill something else on the belt and see if my pets can actually hit something.

I actually can't wait to try it out as survival, starting to get quite angry with pet derping.

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Been trying to solo each belt, but stampede bugging like shit just makes it impossible.
    Well I'm going out on a limb and saying that if 580+ 14/14H hunters aren't currently pulling it off then its probably outside the realm of possibility for 568 11/14h lil old scrubby me :P

No hunter is doing a complete solo, if you check the top 10 fastest kills only 1 hunter solo's more than 1 belt and he had a trinket proc for that which makes soloing the belt reasonably easy.

In order for a hunter to solo all the belts they would have to do a maximum of 4 belts, the 1st and 4th can be done with trinket procs, the 2nd you could see if you get an early trinket proc and save cooldowns for the 3rd maybe. I am sure once the top gear guilds fully upgrade their gear that we will start seeing hunters soloing belts 1,2 & 4 with more kill times going under 3mins.

We do mines,mines,laser,mines,mines,mines(double)

I solo first with only prepot and lust (trinks)

other hunter solo's second with stamp,bw,pot,direbeast

I solo third with all cd's up

we two man every other belt, saving cd's for "oh shit"moments

usually around 8% if the belt comes up, we just stay on the platform and nuke
    Can you link a log of this?

Deleted

In order for a hunter to solo all the belts they would have to do a maximum of 4 belts, the 1st and 4th can be done with trinket procs, the 2nd you could see if you get an early trinket proc and save cooldowns for the 3rd maybe. I am sure once the top gear guilds fully upgrade their gear that we will start seeing hunters soloing belts 1,2 & 4 with more kill times going under 3mins.
    Like I said, bl for 3th. If your openers bl is enough far away from you, you don't get the buff so you can use your own bl when you want.

I usually solo the first and 7th, basically i can solo it after the nerf when i have stampede up other than that we use two people

Having the player using lust stand on the opposite side is really helpful.

I solo the first, third, and seventh.
    The first with prepot and stampede.
    The third with lust, rf, crows, and second pot.
    The seventh with rf, crows, and stampede.

Soloing the third one is sketchy for me because if I get bad rng on my LnL procs I won't get it down in time but it's rare enough for my team to be ok with it.

I suggest trying out a few combinations, I doubt your team will be mad at few more wipes while you figure out which ones you can get.

If you're trying for lots of solo's, the boss should die fast enough that you don't have to do belt 6, probably 5 too.
    Retired hunter

Deleted
    No hunter is doing a complete solo
    Yesterday we had our first tries on Siegecrafter, got him down to 20% first night of progress so not bad.
    My fellow hunter has been soloing every single belt.
    His ilvl is 581, few times he failed with 4th line I think, but generally it was OK.
    We've been using 2T, 1H, 7DPS strategy.

Decided to experiment with soloing a few more belts last raid with the new ilvl and had stampede bug out 3 times in a row, doing from 0-100k total damage due to not being able to keep up with the weapon. Even though I was able to barely kill the weapons two of the three times we decided to go back to duo'ing for now because it was a bit risky.

I've heard others having the same issue, and I've occasionally had it happen in the past but I'm wondering for those consistently soloing do you have any tricks to avoid stampede doing jack diddly squat? Certain pets better than others, stampede glyph, timing on popping stamp etc? I'm using unglyphed and popping stampede within the first 2-3 globals.

How are you getting 7 belts when you are soloing so many?
    Retired hunter