Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How did you fare doing 4 solo then zerg Soviett?
    Retired hunter

Deleted
    I don't recall ever doing four belt solo? That would mean I have soloed 4 out of 5 or 6 belts and everytime I try to do that I fail at the second or third weapon when I see my stampede doing about 500k damage to weapon.

Nah, I've been playing it safe and only soloing 1,2 and 4 weapons.

Do you reckon it'd be doable if you were soulstoned, daggered and rezd between 2 and 3 so you could have hero for both?
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    Do you reckon it'd be doable if you were soulstoned, daggered and rezd between 2 and 3 so you could have hero for both?
    That would be pretty metal.

Gonna try it tomorrow
    Retired hunter

Deleted
    That's one solution. I also usually lack paladin in my group and we have shaman giving us mastery so I won't be getting mastery to the belt with me and I have to decide between attack speed and mastery. If I somehow can get paladin with me in raid and my stampede hits my target like it should, I'm 95% sure I could solo first 4 belts and most likely 6th, but now that I checked we haven't killed 6th for a long time, unless some belt went throw because I was derping with my pets.

Deleted
    Don't you all love it when this happens while at belt
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...308.4&source=9
    One stampede pet did 79k damage, one did 528k while two other stampede pets were pushing over a million easily, "main" pet doing 383k damage with melee. If only all those pets were pushing that +1milj every time I pop stampede doing even 5 belts solo wouldn't be to hard.

WTB 2000 valors so I can upgrade my sv gear.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

We're down to just doing 4 belts now, so I'm nearly certain with a suicide hero + pot you can solo em all
    Retired hunter

Got it down last lockout after 170 odd attempts. What worked for me was to go BM, disengage on to the 1st belt and every odd numbered belt from there and just take the pipe up on every even belt. We did mines, mines, laser, mines, mines etc. and it died just as the 5min mark ticked over. I was 570 at the time and could solo the first belt reliably then had a friend join on every belt after that. With the heroic AoC trinket upgraded bestial wrath was available very early on for each belt. I used Dire Beast as well.
    Didn't get a great deal of time on Blackfuse besides between the first and second belts and at the end where we ignored the last belt and killed him. I'd say the second and third belts probably felt like the toughest for me probably cause the target was the first thing out of the gate.

Here's the logs in case anyone like me stumbles across this in the future. Raid dps may be a little low but considering it was our first kill our main aim was to stay alive so it's not too bad I don't think.
    I'd like to improve my damage but I guess a large part of that will depend on how quickly and easily I can get off the belt and on to the boss between belts. On the third belt for example, with so much crap on the main platform, it seemed safer to sit up there and wait for the boss to drag me back down rather than jump down early and stress out healers.

If you don't feel comfortable disengaging off the 3rd belt cause of the fire, you can quite easily just glider and land right next to the pipe.
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    On the third belt for example, with so much crap on the main platform, it seemed safer to sit up there and wait for the boss to drag me back down rather than jump down early and stress out healers.
    Disengage off the belt and deterrence right away and then walk over the fire to the edge while dodging ground spikes. Fairly easy and deterrence prevents stack applications while you're on the fire. I usually make sure I know where the ground spikes are at before I disengage to avoid it. You do take damage from the fire but deterrence glyph can reduce the damage by another 20% if you aren't already using it. Healers should have no problem healing you when you walk over the fire with deterrence on. I only use deterrence when the overpowered lasers are out when I need to disengage off the belt.

Hope this helps!

Deleted

We're down to just doing 4 belts now, so I'm nearly certain with a suicide hero + pot you can solo em all
    Which pet did you use? Looks like it didn't cast any (de)buff? I assume best would be Armor+Phys debuffs?

Crit, hero, Spell haste, AS, mastery. Was missing both AS + Mastery buffs on that kill iirc
    Retired hunter

Nice back to back to back TED procs on Belt 2 (41% Uptime)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    . On the third belt for example, with so much crap on the main platform, it seemed safer to sit up there and wait for the boss to drag me back down rather than jump down early and stress out healers.
    If you disengage off the first pipe you won't have the debuff during the 3rd to 4th belt transition. Wait until there is almost 3s left of the next Assembly Line, Disengage near the pipe, Deterrence before you hit the platform, Summon your next pet and walk into the pipe. You will take no damage from Fire, Shockwaves or Overload if it goes off at the same time.
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2014-06-13 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    If you disengage off the first pipe you won't have the debuff during the 3rd to 4th belt transition. Wait until there is almost 3s left of the next Assembly Line, Disengage near the pipe, Deterrence before you hit the platform, Summon your next pet and walk into the pipe. You will take no damage from Fire, Shockwaves or Overload if it goes off at the same time.
    That's basically how I've been doing it. It definitely works from a safety point of view it just means I spend a bit of time chilling out on the belt and don't have much uptime on Blackfuse which is kind of annoying.

Cobra pet (cobra, not serpent/wyrm)+glyph of stampede = problem solved. It has either been a fluke every week for 22 weeks straight for all 3 hunters in my guild that our stampedes have all done full damage, or the cobra pet model is capable of doing full damage against targets moving at a constant speed. This should also give your pet more uptime in melee, not just stampede. I haven't tested it (closest test I got was other hunter d/cing early on first belt a while ago, and was successful), but with stampede working properly I believe it's even possible to solo the first conveyor on 25 heroic with dextrous/heroism. Others testing the cobra to confirm this would be appreciated, but it has been a significant increase for myself and everyone else I have recommended it to.

This is the pet model I am referring to, obviously any color variation would work:

I've been looking into this as well. When I compared the 2 extra pets I don't summon on the belts and only look at their Stampede damage I saw that the Ravager averaged 173k and the Wolf/Worg (Thundermaw - Vale of the Eternal Blossoms) averaged 644k per belt from 14 samples.
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2014-06-17 at 06:50 AM.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...4&target=166.2

even with a variety of pets, all are getting exactly same number of hits for me...
    Retired hunter

Deleted
    Checked ~20 of my own logs, for me tallstrider is the less reliant stampede pet against Missiles (often doing 2 hits while other pets do 10+). Wyrmm is totally random but more often bad than good.
    Sample

Against mines, my worst pet is Water Strider. (Sporebat was once at 2 attacks)
    Sample

Quite weird I get different results depending on the weapon we killed, isn't it?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...3&end=10170531

On the first missile turret I was getting 5.64~ pet melees per second (62 in 11 seconds) with heroism cobra pets+glyph of stampede (missile turret died in 11 seconds because we had 3 hunters up there, it died about halfway across the conveyor, which is why i'm looking at APS and not total attacks)

For the most part, all of the attacks were perfectly in sync, events log and graph (huge peaks are when all 5 pets attack, valleys are inbetween)

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=1&view=events

Does anyone have WarcraftLogs of heroism+stampede on the first conveyor with non-cobra pets to compare this to? Don't think you can tell pet model from logs without someone directly telling you. Haste will have a small effect on the amount of attacks our pets get, but i assume we're all within the 15-17k range. I believe I was at 15.5k~ in these logs.

May as well add a picture of the pets we're referring to each time to make this easier:
    = 5.64 APS (glyphed stampede+heroism)
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2014-06-17 at 09:07 PM.