Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

If I am here now, what's stopping me from coming back again?

I am alive now, so therefore it was meant to be, call it fate, luck, miracle or whatever I am alive today. If my parents did not have sex, I would not be here, but I am here...... Where would I be otherwise? I am here right now; So therefore I HAD to be born, because I exist here today.

I mean, before you were born, you don't remember anything, but is that to say you weren't alive already in some other form in the past?

Was I REALLY that lucky guy, who swam the fastest time through the ovary and crossed the checkered flag (egg) in first place? I mean, I have no obvious disabilities or diseases, so I must have been, but given the sheer amount of sperm did I literally win the life lottery? I think its too good to be true really, and I think that we all come back in some intelligent form at some point.

But yeah, whenever I think about this...I always just think "I am alive now, so that is just how it is" Lets say my parents decided not to have children, I would be nothing, simply nothing. I would never be "born" I would not be alive, I would not be able to type this right now, but I AM alive I AM here and I AM typing this, so it HAS to be repeated. I would simply have come into existence at some other time, with some other "parents".

I kinda get confused about what I'm trying to portray here, it certainly does sound bonkers but I hope you understand where I am coming from. (Was watching a Vsauce video and I thought about this :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly this isn't a question that is possible to answer...but I've wondered it myself.

Well, I wasnt the fastest one swimming, i made sure all the others didnt beat me to it (by ANY means necessary)

OT: I dont think I existed before I was born, I was born, I will grow old, and I will die like everyone else, the cycle of life.
    Last edited by Jinxz; 2014-05-21 at 02:28 AM.

im immortal
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im immortal
    We all are.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I am alive now, so therefore it was meant to be, call it fate, luck, miracle or whatever I am alive today. If my parents did not have sex, I would not be here, but I am here...... Where would I be otherwise? I am here right now; So therefore I HAD to be born, because I exist here today.

I mean, before you were born, you don't remember anything, but is that to say you weren't alive already in some other form in the past?

Was I REALLY that lucky guy, who swam the fastest time through the ovary and crossed the checkered flag (egg) in first place? I mean, I have no obvious disabilities or diseases, so I must have been, but given the sheer amount of sperm did I literally win the life lottery? I think its too good to be true really, and I think that we all come back in some intelligent form at some point.

But yeah, whenever I think about this...I always just think "I am alive now, so that is just how it is" Lets say my parents decided not to have children, I would be nothing, simply nothing. I would never be "born" I would not be alive, I would not be able to type this right now, but I AM alive I AM here and I AM typing this, so it HAS to be repeated. I would simply have come into existence at some other time, with some other "parents".

I kinda get confused about what I'm trying to portray here, it certainly does sound bonkers but I hope you understand where I am coming from. (Was watching a Vsauce video and I thought about this :P )
    That which would never be, cannot be undone. If your parents didn't have sex, you wouldn't be nothing, you'd simply never have occured.

But yes, it's just like that. Genetic material came together to form what would eventually be you and you would grow up into who you are now as a result of many, many factors. There's nothing simple about life and what defines us as individuals.

So yeah, treasure what you have and what you are! Or curse the day you were born, whichever suits you.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2014-05-21 at 02:35 AM.

Scrapbot keeps me from coming back from time to time...so the answer is Scrapbot.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    We all are.
    In what sense? All things will end, even the atoms that make you. You, the self, is mortal.

Think on this...

Every single one of us changes the world in some way. It may not be seen for hundreds of years, but if you have offspring that have more and more offspring, you will have changed the world in numerous ways. Even the choice not to produce offspring changes the world entirely thousands of years from now.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minqz View Post
    Think on this...

Every single one of us changes the world in some way. It may not be seen for hundreds of years, but if you have offspring that have more and more offspring, you will have changed the world in numerous ways. Even the choice not to produce offspring changes the world entirely thousands of years from now.
    Think of this: You are the result of a direct, unbroken line of progenitors since the dawn of life itself.

Wrap your head around that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Minqz View Post
    Think on this...

Yet here I am, wasting my time on a forum arguing with people I may never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    In what sense? All things will end, even the atoms that make you. You, the self, is mortal.
    We are more then just the atoms our body is made up of. But, this would only lead us into a prohibited type of discussion on this forum. So I will leave it at that.

We have a impact on the world , directly or indirectly , it doesn't matter.
    You will find your purpose by exploring every opportunities that arise.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    We are more then just the atoms our body is made up of. But, this would only lead us into a prohibited type of discussion on this forum. So I will leave it at that.
    Ah, superstition and magic. You're right, because it can't be discussed, because it can't be proven and there'd be nothing to discuss but opinion and conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I am alive now, so therefore it was meant to be...
    The starting premise is already wrong. If you flip a coin and it comes up heads, it wasn't "meant to be". Shit happens. Most of the time, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Ah, superstition and magic. You're right, because it can't be discussed, because it can't be proven and there'd be nothing to discuss but opinion and conjecture.
    No. You can discuss magic and superstition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you heard of the idea that there exist parallel world for each possible decision you have ever made?

Expanded this idea to every decision anyone has ever made.

There are some worlds that yes your parents never hooked up and you never came to be. There are worlds where you like different things.

Sounds like science fiction right? Well actually it is a good example of quantum mechanics. YOU exist and don't exist at the same time. YOU have a probability of existing ( 1 - number of world you exist / every world possible). We have observed YOU so we know YOU actually exist, not just a probability.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty overwhelming if you think about it, so think about it, but just not too much.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the theory that energy doesn't just dissapear. We were energy before we were born, and we will continue to be once we die.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I love the theory that energy doesn't just dissapear.
    Well, no shit, this is a pretty well understood fact o' the natural world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    We were energy before we were born, and we will continue to be once we die.
    Yeah, electrical energy, any present potential energy, and heat dissipate after death. You realize that "energy" isn't a good stand in for "a wizard did it", right?